Page 5 of 129 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Liked 661 Times in 290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Hard to say for me as a Finnish person because I'm used to seeing Finnish drivers on WRC cars all the time but when was the last time we saw a top level German driver? Has there been anyone after Schwarz?
    Armin Schwarz and Antony Warmbold both did 15 out of 16 events in 2005 season using WRC cars
    https://twitter.com/KiwiWRCfan adding a fans perspective to Twitter

Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    In a way it's a bit strange. The French, the British and the Finnish all bring forward a lot of good to very good track and rally drivers. The Germans have crazy good track drivers in many disciplines but in rallying they haven't really had somebody super fast since Walter Röhrl.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Watson View Post
    In a way it's a bit strange. The French, the British and the Finnish all bring forward a lot of good to very good track and rally drivers. The Germans have crazy good track drivers in many disciplines but in rallying they haven't really had somebody super fast since Walter Röhrl.
    And what happened to all the Swedes after Stig Blomqvist? Kenneth Eriksson, Micael Ericsson and Thomas Rådström had some pace in the 90's but not really world champion level (yes I know Eriksson won group A championship in 1986) but since then, what, P-G Andersson stuck in a Suzuki going nowhere? At least they have now a future star with Tidemand.

Liked 26 Times in 12 Posts
    Need some advice please. Having seen posts for other rallys on tickets with different levels of access, is this also the case for Rallye Deutschland? I bought a 4 day ticket - does that get me into all stages (and car parks) or do I need a special pass? My German is not good enough for the small print!

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinu13 View Post
    Need some advice please. Having seen posts for other rallys on tickets with different levels of access, is this also the case for Rallye Deutschland? I bought a 4 day ticket - does that get me into all stages (and car parks) or do I need a special pass? My German is not good enough for the small print!
    There used to be different level rally passes for Rally Germany, but now it's just one rally pass that covers access to all. For parking you have to pay extra each time accessing the parking area, but it's traditionally only one euro for each time.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

Liked 359 Times in 175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinu13 View Post
    There are just daily passes for single days and the 4-day pass for all the event. All have the same access to everywhere.

Liked 26 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori View Post
    There used to be different level rally passes for Rally Germany, but now it's just one rally pass that covers access to all. For parking you have to pay extra each time accessing the parking area, but it's traditionally only one euro for each time.
    Will remember to get some extra Euros out then. Thanks for the tip!

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    https://twitter.com/AMikkelsenRally/...21401688170498

Many questions to answer tonight, one being what's after #RallyPoland for us with @CitroenRacing.... That would be #RallyGermany! #WRC

9. Likes: dimviii (28th June 2017),TWRC (28th June 2017)
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The ADAC really did a nice job on the spectator viewing points map (https://www.adac-rallye-deutschland....170620_web.pdf). Does anybody know if the areas not designated as official spectator sites are off-limits? Most of the sites seem very good, but there are one or two where I'd like to do something different.

Liked 12,164 Times in 5,216 Posts
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

12. Likes: AnttiL (11th July 2017),dimviii (11th July 2017)