Page 128 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129 LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1287
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    There was a clear ‘either he or I’ from Loeb, and it worked fine for him… .
    after all they have happened of course he had all the rights to say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Btw, it’s true that Ogier sometimes says arrogant things, but he didn’t oppose to have Latvala as team mate in VW and he’s dealing pretty well with Tanak. People should remind it more often.
    neither Loeb had a problem,even with Ogier and sweeping all gravel rallies.And he won.

2. Likes: pantealex (24th August 2017)
    Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Ogier forced himself out of Citroen,in conjuction with Quesnel. Not Loeb.
    That is revisionism of such gob-smacking level. So Loeb would have been happy to be equal status and had nothing to do with 'turning down the wick' - yeah right!
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    That is revisionism of such gob-smacking level. So Loeb would have been happy to be equal status and had nothing to do with 'turning down the wick' - yeah right!
    have I go tto reming you that he beated him fair and square while sweeping all gravel rallies,and while sabotaged from your beloved driver and his clown team manager?

5. Likes: pantealex (24th August 2017)
    Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    have I go tto reming you that he beated him fair and square while sweeping all gravel rallies,and while sabotaged from your beloved driver and his clown team manager?
    Seems like yours is the injured love Dim!! BUT fair and square - no. Everyone knows that Citroen did not allow anyone to challenge Loeb on a level playing field. He probably would still have beaten Ogier in 2011 and 2012 but he knew the writing was on the wall once he had a better funded opponent so he ran for the hills - rightly so, he had nothing left to prove.
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Fantastic clip by Races Channel guys: https://youtu.be/dGwKAXtSVwY
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 207 Times in 129 Posts
    @macebig
    from your answer i understand that we have one more Greek here
    fb page
    bring back acropolis rally to wrc calendar

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nafpaktos View Post
    @macebig
    from your answer i understand that we have one more Greek here
    100 says he is british... the autism levels are too high to be greek.

Liked 424 Times in 223 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    100 says he is british... the autism levels are too high to be greek.
    NOT, χαιρετίσματα από την ηλιόλουστη Αθήνα. And for the international members, greetings from the sunny Athens...

11. Likes: Mintexmemory (27th August 2017),pantealex (28th August 2017),Simmi (26th August 2017)
    Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    waiting bluuford to tell us some more about this.
    Bravo bluuford!!
    Well, it was veery long weekend and I headed off to fieldwork and organizing summerschool for students right after Germany (well, I worked from home for Germany), so, I have not had time to see computers since then. So, I will give you some overview here.

This time I was really busy before the rally and I managed to start proper preparations on Tuesday. Well, Germany has been historically very difficult and therefore I had a lot of data and memories from this event and preparations didnt took too much time.. only Wednesday night without sleep I can tell that my prognosis table is containing approximately 10 characteristics for each stage. But I wont tell you what are the characteristics

So, I had really, realy long Thursday night as the Friday looked very difficult and I had to see all available models, radars, local stations etc. Finally, I can tell you that I was slightly overstimating rain possibility on Friday morning but seems that I have done it before as well. Well, lets say that it was very conservative approach and it worked quite OK as most of the other drivers with lesser safe tyre option and setup made mistakes and lost time. Seems that it is better to start such rally with more conservative approach. I can also tell you that Andreas was leading after first loop thanks to Sordos crash as he got much drirer conditions than other drivers for the last stage and gained a lot of time!

Then came the afternoon. Models actualy showed that it is raining less but on that point I am not using models anymore and just following the development of rain clouds by using actual real-time radars and it was visible that the speed of rain front is slowing down, that means heavy rain for a long time. So, I sent the last update and suggested that conditions will be awful and by looking the weather I would take at least 2 extreme weather tires and at least for the first stage, but luckily I am not the one who is driving Ott came out with completely new solution that I had never seen before: 3+3, that even didnt came to my mind but later looked logical. So, everything was as expected and rain stopped maybe 5-10 minutes later than I initially prognosed By the way, at around 3PM I discovered that I have not taken breakfast yet :P

In the evening I was already very tired as I had slept couple of hours in two nights. So I slept couple of hours and woke up at 2AM to complete forecast for Saturday and then slept again. Saturday looked a bit easier with some risk of rain in the evening. I also noteded that Baumholder region got much-much less rain than Friday stages, so, harder option with very abrasive roads was quite logical here, I do not know why Hyundai and Citroen chose differently? Well, I know that all teams are also using MeteoFrance forecasts and this time we had a lot of conflicting opinions Saturday was generally easy with slightly difficult evening. "Other" forecast was definitely prognosing some rain for 4PM and for the last loop and it looked scary indeed. I looked my previous data and tried to remember what has happened before in this region and based on that I assumed that clouds are lifting and rain will not reach to the stages. It was rather difficult to explain to M-Sport that I did it in my brain and I didnt use models here, but it was easy to eplain for Ott, he asked "soft" or "hard" and gave me 10 minutes, after 8 minutes I replayed "hard" and that was it So, no rain appeared there, good By the way, I just counted that we sent 79 SMS messages during the rally + a few phonecalls and e-mail twice a day!

Sunday was already like vocation. On Satruday evening there was some more rain and I had to estimate how much roads are drying by the morning. I think I slightly undersestimated the drying effect but it was safe option again , no need to go crazy from that position

All in all, very nice rally, very good job by gravecrew, Ott, Martin and the whole team. All the small details worked fine. I can tell you that it took me around 70 hours of work from Wednesday to Sunday, but it was worth it. By the way, as I was working from Estonia, then on Friday afternoon, I went to kindergarten to pick up my youngest child and I was so surprised by the weather.. as my brain was still in German sky :P
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

13. Likes: A FONDO (28th August 2017),abxyz (30th August 2017),AL14 (29th August 2017),Andre Oliveira (28th August 2017),AnttiL (28th August 2017),Aquagen (28th August 2017),cali (28th August 2017),dimviii (28th August 2017),dupanton (28th August 2017),eib1 (28th August 2017),EightGear (28th August 2017),electroliquid (28th August 2017),EstWRC (28th August 2017),Hartusvuori (28th August 2017),HenryEST (28th August 2017),hsmed (28th August 2017),jiipee64 (28th August 2017),Lundefaret (28th August 2017),Marcco (28th August 2017),MartijnS (28th August 2017),Mirek (28th August 2017),mmm (28th August 2017),Munkvy (29th August 2017),pantealex (28th August 2017),Rally Power (1st September 2017),rallye-vid (28th August 2017),seb_sh (28th August 2017),Simmi (28th August 2017),sindroms (29th August 2017),sonnybobiche (29th August 2017),spark13 (1st September 2017),the sniper (28th August 2017),tommeke_B (28th August 2017),Vulture (30th August 2017),WRC1 (28th August 2017)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford View Post
    I can also tell you that Andreas was leading after first loop thanks to Sordos crash as he got much drirer conditions than other drivers for the last stage and gained a lot of time!
    Yeh, you can tell that from Lappi's time, he was off the pace on the other stages of the day but on that one he was faster than the others, except Mikkelsen who came after Lappi.

15. Likes: dimviii (28th August 2017)