Page 24 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 1291
  1. #231
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    6,797
    Like
    439
    Liked 852 Times in 474 Posts
    Where do you guys get shakedown times from?

  2. #232
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,187
    Like
    773
    Liked 976 Times in 467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Where do you guys get shakedown times from?
    eWRC https://www.ewrc-results.com/shake/3...tschland-2017/

  3. Likes: Andre Oliveira (17th August 2017),RS (17th August 2017)
  4. #233
    Senior Member racerx1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    331
    Like
    46
    Liked 219 Times in 106 Posts
    Mikkelsen second overall in shakedown. Is he driving the same car which Loeb tested or did Loeb test a different chassis?

  5. #234
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    827
    Like
    96
    Liked 513 Times in 279 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post
    Mikkelsen second overall in shakedown. Is he driving the same car which Loeb tested or did Loeb test a different chassis?
    You trying to imply that it's a special "faster" car? For real?

    Mikkelsen won the shakedown in Germany last year, being the fastest in every run in same car as Ogier and Latvala. His result in the first run is no big surprise, specially considering he ran it as 3rd on the road.

  6. Likes: AnttiL (17th August 2017),er88 (17th August 2017),pantealex (17th August 2017),TWRC (17th August 2017)
  7. #235
    Senior Member racerx1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    331
    Like
    46
    Liked 219 Times in 106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    You trying to imply that it's a special "faster" car? For real?

    Mikkelsen won the shakedown in Germany last year, being the fastest in every run in same car as Ogier and Latvala. His result in the first run is no big surprise, specially considering he ran it as 3rd on the road.
    No, but I am asking a for real question? Has no difference on how well he does or did, just curious. I'm not a fanboy or hater of anyone, but thanks for your contribution. For real!

    That being said you never know what kind of input Loeb had on the car. Could or could not make a huge difference for Citroen. I can think of many examples as a rally car driver at a lower level where small changes can completely change the car and increase confidence of the driver. So yeah, the car can be special, but I was not implying that...
    Last edited by racerx1979; 17th August 2017 at 11:28.

  8. #236
    Senior Member KKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Kyiv
    Posts
    2,939
    Like
    983
    Liked 576 Times in 365 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Looking carefully through the results there are no big surprises, some points:

    - Hanninen is just behind Latvala, but it's only on the first pass, other passes are slow
    - Tanak and Sordo are low but again it's only the first pass, others are fast (3-5 place)
    - Citroens fast on the first pass, then in mud they drop a bit but still around Latvala
    - reality check on tarmac for "Finland heroes" Lappi and Suninen
    Sordo's first pass was nearly a latest of all others... 8 or 9. He could more if he start ahead

  9. #237
    Senior Member racerx1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    331
    Like
    46
    Liked 219 Times in 106 Posts
    Tomorrow will be the real test. Some sections in SD were muddy and you can see the drivers taking it easier as conditions got worse. Road position will play a huge role at this rally. Nueville in good position to do extremely well.

  10. #238
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,187
    Like
    773
    Liked 976 Times in 467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post
    Nueville in good position to do extremely well.
    But the stages are run twice and Ogier seemed to be on the pace on the latter runs of the shakedown. Also, the road order is different on Saturday and Sunday.

    I'm also considering that Ogier has more experience of winning and thus better handling of pressure. All season, Neuville has been chasing Ogier, but now it's the first time he's also being chased (as much as he's chasing Ogier), it's psyhologically a new situation for him, but nothing new for Ogier.

    But in any case, an exciting rally ahead, again.

  11. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (17th August 2017)
  12. #239
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    293
    Like
    101
    Liked 128 Times in 74 Posts
    Usual post-Shakedown ifs, buts and maybes. Shows we are chomping at the bit for the rally to start. Hoping for an unpredictable corker of an event.

  13. Likes: Rally Power (17th August 2017),seb_sh (17th August 2017)
  14. #240
    Senior Member jparker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,565
    Like
    131
    Liked 119 Times in 89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    But the stages are run twice and Ogier seemed to be on the pace on the latter runs of the shakedown. Also, the road order is different on Saturday and Sunday.

    I'm also considering that Ogier has more experience of winning and thus better handling of pressure. All season, Neuville has been chasing Ogier, but now it's the first time he's also being chased (as much as he's chasing Ogier), it's psyhologically a new situation for him, but nothing new for Ogier.

    But in any case, an exciting rally ahead, again.
    They are going to chase each other only. I don't expect them to fight for the win. The stakes are too high now for both of them.
    Since Portugal, Neuville is driving conservatively, and that seams to pays off.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •