Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Buying WRC 2017 Fiesta, Yaris and Citroen Street Cars

Ok, after watching Monte Carlo, I now know what car I'm buying.

What options do I have? I want it to look at much like their cars as possible, those body kit is pure sex. Are they street legal? Obviously, I want a street version of the cars but I want it to look as much like them as possible

Even since my V6 Wrx STI, I haven't had this much of a hard on for a car!

Should I wait? Should I buy? I've heard ordinary things about the ford fiesta mechanically. If only Suburu had a WRC 2017 car, I'd insta buy it I think.

Anyway, I'd love to get some feedback.

Liked 124 Times in 64 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heathen View Post
    Ok, after watching Monte Carlo, I now know what car I'm buying.

What options do I have? I want it to look at much like their cars as possible, those body kit is pure sex. Are they street legal? Obviously, I want a street version of the cars but I want it to look as much like them as possible

Even since my V6 Wrx STI, I haven't had this much of a hard on for a car!

Should I wait? Should I buy? I've heard ordinary things about the ford fiesta mechanically. If only Suburu had a WRC 2017 car, I'd insta buy it I think.

Anyway, I'd love to get some feedback.
    Should you wait for what? Sorry but what are you actually asking?

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Just Google the name of the road car with 2016/2017 behind it and prepare to be disappointed.

The days of homologation specials are gone. So really are the days of actually referencing rallying in your road car range.

There are rumours a Fiesta RS is coming but even then it will look nothing all like these WRC cars.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grundo Farb View Post
    Should you wait for what? Sorry but what are you actually asking?
    It´s obvious that many rallyfans want roadcars looking similar to the ones driven in WRC rallies.
    Why should it be a problem for Ford to have a RS with wider body and 4WD and decent engine 250+ hp? Or Toyota having Yaris in same clothes as WRC car, no not exactly, but still...
    Agree with heathen.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    It´s obvious that many rallyfans want roadcars looking similar to the ones driven in WRC rallies.
    Why should it be a problem for Ford to have a RS with wider body and 4WD and decent engine 250+ hp? Or Toyota having Yaris in same clothes as WRC car, no not exactly, but still...
    Agree with heathen.
    The New Focus RS has 350hp and 4WD, but to be honest it felt really tame. I would keep the STI if i were you heathen, especailly if you have snow.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

6. Likes: dimviii (1st February 2017),Gregor-y (2nd February 2017)
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I actually had my V6 STI stolen by Lebanese here in Sydney and now I drive a GTP Falcon (Australian Mustang Equivalent) and I'm going to buy another car in the next year.

This whole WRC this year has got me hyped up, the new cars just look amazing. If someone had said a few weeks ago that I would be seriously considering getting a Yaris, I would have dead set laughed at them.

I'm selling my house at the end of the year and will have enough to buy two cars, one for me and one for the wife. Have a budget of about 100k. I assume that the WRC version of the Fiesta is wider? What about picking up a Focus RS and spending some cash to make it look similar?

I know it sounds a bit childish but I miss my STI and desperately want to go back to something as fun and I've been waiting for a few years now for something that really jumps out at me. The sounds as well, It's been so long now. Call me fussy but I got to have one. I'll probably have it for 10 years.

My mind is definitely made up between the Yaris or Fiesta, if I have to wait a couple of years till something comes out that looks like them, so be it.

Just hoping you guys might know more than me.

8. Likes: Rallyper (1st February 2017)
    Liked 9,356 Times in 4,971 Posts
    Sadly none of the 2017 WRC cars are likely to have a road-car equivalent any time soon and certainly not in terms of performance.

Probably the nearest you could go for at present is the R5 bodykit for the Fiesta ST Mk7.

#M-SPORTER

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Sadly none of the 2017 WRC cars are likely to have a road-car equivalent any time soon and certainly not in terms of performance.

Probably the nearest you could go for at present is the R5 bodykit for the Fiesta ST Mk7.

That one is well good enough! Right?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    In Poland there is a tuner Stec Motosport which making road car version of Fiesta Proto based on Evo X parts. Cost of building: 40 000 EUR.

Last edited by peter_85; 1st February 2017 at 18:16.

12. Likes: Mirek (2nd February 2017),Sulland (3rd February 2017)
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Not really, but definitely looks better.

I want those ridiculous front, side to back spoilers and body kit. They just look amazing. I don't care if it costs me MPG, I have to have it.

The car company that is intelligent enough to sell this will make a killing. As soon as people see them in the real world, they will sell. Mark my words. I want to be one of the first