Page 15 of 116 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
    Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4fun View Post
    Hi all,

I'm going to Portugal from 17th until 22nd. 1st Time WRC Portugal. From your experience, can you see a lot of stages per day? Meaning, easy connection between the stages? CHecking out the WRC cars and maybe the first WRC2 cars, then going towards the next stage. I'm currently planning bit more in details what to see, where, ... Would be nice to hear from people who went last year.
    I was planning to do what you are asking, but soon found it impossible. With such short gaps between stages, many spectators, narrow and congested access roads, finding your way in and out of spectator zone will be time consuming.

Liked 38 Times in 17 Posts
    Hi,

I am Portuguese, last year I always saw four specials a day.

I see the first and third in the morning, and the same in the afternoon. In order to be able to do this, it is necessary to know our lands and to study previously the roads that are cut and to find alternative ways. Another important point is to always leave the car in places that is easy to leave at any time, so you have to stay away from the especial. It is necessary to make a few kilometres on foot, and also some running.

This year we will do likewise. I believe that for those who do not know the terrain and will be the first time in Portugal to watch the WRC is best not to try to do it this way, it takes some experience.

Now, without any problem it will be possible to see in a place in the morning and in another place in the afternoon.

Liked 233 Times in 115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    The best spot are in payed area. Excellent view with jump and all the inside track action.
    Thanks Andre, that's great. I assume this is in the sort of stadium section accessed from the neighboring town (hope it makes sense what I am saying, all my info is from Google Maps and youtube).
    Last edited by NickRally; 9th May 2017 at 11:07.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rogef View Post
    Hi,

I am Portuguese, last year I always saw four specials a day.

I see the first and third in the morning, and the same in the afternoon. In order to be able to do this, it is necessary to know our lands and to study previously the roads that are cut and to find alternative ways. Another important point is to always leave the car in places that is easy to leave at any time, so you have to stay away from the especial. It is necessary to make a few kilometres on foot, and also some running.

This year we will do likewise. I believe that for those who do not know the terrain and will be the first time in Portugal to watch the WRC is best not to try to do it this way, it takes some experience.

Now, without any problem it will be possible to see in a place in the morning and in another place in the afternoon.
    Thx Rogef ... In the past I went to WRC Sardegna, WRC Germany and WRC Finland. Here I managed to see more SS per section. But indeed I don't have experience with Portugal. I always try to find some spots were I can go pretty fast from 1 SS towards another one. E.g. going to the end of a stage and next one more at the start. Maybe I could join you? :-)

There's not much i can do to help. The only way is to go to the page of the rally dowload the maps, check the roads with restricted access, and through Google Earth look for alternatives. Or try to follow me on the days of the rally.

Can anyone confirm me as written on page 3 of this topic if access to the service park is possible on Wednesday for free?

Liked 233 Times in 115 Posts
    Can anyone confirm me as written on page 3 of this topic if access to the service park is possible on Wednesday for free?
    I was told by the organizers that this is the case.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There's not much i can do to help. The only way is to go to the page of the rally dowload the maps, check the roads with restricted access, and through Google Earth look for alternatives. Or try to follow me on the days of the rally.
    Rogef ... I could follow you ... if I knew where you would be :-)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, I will be checking possibilities to visit 3 stages per day. 1st stage and 2rd stage during first loop and then go for 2nd stage in the 2nd loop. Try to avoid overcrowded places. Tips are always welcome. I arrive on Wednesday. Don't need to see all the spectacular places. More interested in nice shots as photographer. Service park is for free as I understood. Would always be nice to meet some people overthere!

Quote Originally Posted by 4fun View Post
    Rogef ... I could follow you ... if I knew where you would be :-)
    You can try to follow me but it's always very complicated. It may happen that i pass on a STOP and you do not, you will not be able to see me anymore. From there it is lost, and runs the risk of not seeing on either side as it has already happened. You could try to follow but I do not advise. In any case if you want to talk more use the DM to not create off-topic.