Page 14 of 116 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
    Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    What about the Hyundai ones?
    I just can't see it happen this year either. Sordo is a very reliable point scorer for the manufacturers and you can't write off Paddon, he's got the speed and his current bad patch I suspect is just lack of confidence. The Monte incident is a bigger deal than people think it is. If you are involved in someone's death it messes you up, no matter how clearly it is not your own fault. Even if it is not directly related to that anymore, it surely played a big part in getting his downward spiral started and the only way for him to gather pace again is to drive on until it clicks.

Anyway my point is you can't justify firing either of them and preparing a fourth car is hugely expensive and gives you no advantage as you can only nominate three cars for manufacturer points.

The only seat that Mikkelsen rightfully could take is Lefebvres. That guy would be doing better to get some lower pressure action in WRC2. But I guess Citroen would rathet have a French driver wasting time and money than a competent driver from anywhere else helping them out of their misery.

Well Hanninens too I guess but analog to Citroen's nationalistic recruiting system Toyota is having a Finnish/Japanese circlejerk.
    Last edited by Watson; 3rd May 2017 at 14:18.

2. Likes: AnttiL (3rd May 2017),electroliquid (3rd May 2017),WUff1 (3rd May 2017)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts

Vodafone Rally de Portugal 2017 [May 18-21]

Quote Originally Posted by Watson View Post
    I just can't see it happen this year
    Just to make sure: I didn't mean it would happen, I agree with all your points. Just said that a lot of crystal balls showed a Hyundai contract starting ASAP

Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Just to make sure: I didn't mean it would happen, I agree with all your points. Just said that a lot of crystal balls showed a Hyundai contract starting ASAP
    Oh I see

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jparker View Post
    Anyway, just wanted to post the GPS coordinates I asked about: 41.305880,-7.947388
    I hope someone can confirm.
    JParker: apparently the spot you’ve mentioned is still a ZE but only open to Rally Pass buyers. You can go there if you get Saturday’s RP or the full rally RP (there’s 1 exclusive RP ZE per day), but ZE21 is a good alternative and it’s free.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    JParker: apparently the spot you’ve mentioned is still a ZE but only open to Rally Pass buyers. You can go there if you get Saturday’s RP or the full rally RP (there’s 1 exclusive RP ZE per day), but ZE21 is a good alternative and it’s free.
    Thank you RP, once again very helpful.
    Is the video introduction of spectators spots unique for Rally Portugal? If yes, I think other events should consider it as well. It helps a lot for first timers like me.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi all,

I'm going to Portugal from 17th until 22nd. 1st Time WRC Portugal. From your experience, can you see a lot of stages per day? Meaning, easy connection between the stages? CHecking out the WRC cars and maybe the first WRC2 cars, then going towards the next stage. I'm currently planning bit more in details what to see, where, ... Would be nice to hear from people who went last year.

Liked 12 Times in 6 Posts
    Hi,
    see more than 1 stage per day (double run) is difficult. In friday, maybe wiil be possible to see Viana do Castelo until the first WRC2 cars and then go to Braga street stage. Be aware that Braga roads will be congestioned that day. Go to the stages at least 2 hours before the first car, and be aware that see the rally on spots not recommended by organizers will be very difficult, unless you know other roads to get there. Police and marshalls are very restrictives.

Liked 233 Times in 115 Posts
    Hi All, what would be the best spot/spots to watch the shakedown, any advice will be genuinely appreciated, thanks.

Liked 5,552 Times in 2,296 Posts
    The best spot are in payed area. Excellent view with jump and all the inside track action.

Liked 5,552 Times in 2,296 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4fun View Post
    Hi all,

I'm going to Portugal from 17th until 22nd. 1st Time WRC Portugal. From your experience, can you see a lot of stages per day? Meaning, easy connection between the stages? CHecking out the WRC cars and maybe the first WRC2 cars, then going towards the next stage. I'm currently planning bit more in details what to see, where, ... Would be nice to hear from people who went last year.
    An advice from a Portuguese: forget it! Pick a place and stay there and appreciate all the action.