Page 13 of 116 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    Liked 16 Times in 7 Posts

2. Likes: Rally Power (3rd May 2017)
    Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Kopecky did 6 WRC 2 events (the same number than Tideman) with Skoda last year and ended in 4th. He’s far from being unbeatable on tarmac (lost to Lappi in Germany and Evans in Corsica) and with so many gravel events probably it won’t be easy for him to do better. https://www.ewrc-results.com/profile/67-Jan-Kopecky/
    Fair enough, I forgot he did more events last year. Yes, he lost with Evans fair and square in Corsica (let's not forget Evans was second overall in Corsica a year before) however in Germany he lost because he had to change tyre on SS2 (+1:42 in SS2, +1:07 in finish). But ok, it's part of the game.

Obviously he’s a Czech driver and it must be a bit sad for Czech fans to see his seat being taken by Mikkelsen
    I don't think Mikkelsen took anyone's place. IMHO they never planned to send Kopecký for full WRC2 in 2016 anyway.

but what’s a bit more surprising is to see Skoda being unable to bet on new, young and talented Czech drivers (for sure there should be a few that deserve it), giving them chances to become future champs, just like they’re doing with Veiby and have done with all the other Even drivers in the past. (Or maybe I’m wrong and they’re already doing it; if so who’s the driver?)
    Here I agree with You. On the other hand it's difficult to bet on someone from young Czech drivers now. I have a problem myself to point a finger on someone. I would probably try Kamenec but so far he only did Adam Cup with half-stock small cars...
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

4. Likes: Rally Power (3rd May 2017)
    Brno, Moravia, CZ (also near Vienna :-D )
    Liked 254 Times in 129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Here I agree with You. On the other hand it's difficult to bet on someone from young Czech drivers now. I have a problem myself to point a finger on someone. I would probably try Kamenec but so far he only did Adam Cup with half-stock small cars...
    I personally would try to make some kind of semi-factory team for Koci. Considering his age and experience with 4wd car it can pay off in near future. My personal opinion.
    Visit South Moravia. It is the real paradise

Liked 216 Times in 105 Posts
    Will this event be the nail in the coffin for either Lefebvre or Hanninen? And will it also be the beginning of the end for Camilli if he gets humiliated in WRC2 again?

It's good to see Prokop is in a 2016 car, he I would hope is capable of comfortably taking out the trophy award if he turns up regularly for the rest of they year, which is only fair for him as he hasn't really had any opportunity to win anything in many years of being a loyal privateer.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkvy View Post
    Will this event be the nail in the coffin for either Lefebvre or Hanninen?
    I'm confident both will keep their seats for the remainer of the season. 2018 is a different story though.

8. Likes: Allez Andruet (3rd May 2017),dupanton (3rd May 2017),electroliquid (3rd May 2017),WUff1 (3rd May 2017)
    Liked 63 Times in 21 Posts
    This is excellent. Cheers

Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liposh View Post
    I personally would try to make some kind of semi-factory team for Koci. Considering his age and experience with 4wd car it can pay off in near future. My personal opinion.
    So when asked which young Czech driver could be chosen by Škoda You come with Slovak guy.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

11. Likes: pantealex (4th May 2017)
    Brno, Moravia, CZ (also near Vienna :-D )
    Liked 254 Times in 129 Posts
    We are brothers, don´t you remember? OK, well, there isn´t anybody young and experienced in Czech republic, you are right. Maybe Cerny, but even I am not sure with him. (like yes, one day after Pech´s and Kopecky´s retirement he may very possibly be czech champion but can he achieve even something more? ) Maybe Filip Mares but first of all we have to see how is he doing in 4WD. Plus Kamenec, I have exactly the same thoughts as you do.
    Visit South Moravia. It is the real paradise

13. Likes: Gregor-y (10th May 2017),Rally Power (3rd May 2017)
    Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Well it now looks as though all the crystal balls that saw Mikkelsen in a WRC car (particuarly a VW) for Portugal were defective and should be returned to the manufacturer for re-calibration - as soon as they have the WRC+ job completed!
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    Well it now looks as though all the crystal balls that saw Mikkelsen in a WRC car (particuarly a VW) for Portugal were defective and should be returned to the manufacturer for re-calibration - as soon as they have the WRC+ job completed!
    What about the Hyundai ones?