Page 107 of 116 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1154
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Fantastic Rally de Portugal! Probably one of the best I’ve seen since ’82. I’m too tired for big analyses, just two thoughts: every fan must try to see ‘17 epic cars driven by today outstanding drivers on a WRC event. It’s a memorable experience and no one should condemn this or that driver for a mistake, before actually see how fast and wild the cars go. Overall, big congrats to Ogier, Ingrassia and MSport and a huge thanks to RdP organizers: viva o WRC, viva Portugal!
    Rally addict since 1982

2. Likes: Andre Oliveira (22nd May 2017),dimviii (21st May 2017),EstWRC (22nd May 2017),Lundefaret (22nd May 2017)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    All works drivers have scored ps points. Although Hänninen and Lefebvre only through weather conditions...

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge33cymru View Post
    Argh, how does WRC+ still not allow Chromecasting......

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    The strange thing is that they actually support chromecast, but only way to do it is if you use the browser on your phone. Then you will have the cast function.
    Have stopped using WRC+ but was like that last year. To cast chrome browser window with a computer is also a solution, but not as good the original cast function.

5. Likes: sonnybobiche (22nd May 2017)
    Liked 12,161 Times in 5,215 Posts
    Because im bored at work at the moment and we are basically half way through the season im making a little longer review.

Ogier: so the first time after Monte the champ had the car like he wants. Didnt hear him complain at all about the car or set-up. i was afraid when he gets things to his liking he would blitz the field and no one has a chance but it wasnt the case. Yes, he was fast and he won but it was more due to others having problems or making mistakes. Now it is much harder to beat him in the championship when he has things to his liking, the others have to try a lot more but it is far from over.

Tänak: Just watched the onboard comparison between Tänak and Ogier from stage 12. Before the mistake Tänak was 5 secs up on him. Very clean and nice driving from Tänak on that stage up to that little mistake but you dont need much to ruin your rally. After rally Tänak said that the set-up was the best he has had this season but the problem for him is still the understeer and because of that he already had couple of moments before and that mistake on SS12. They will have a 2 days test next week and he is trying to fix the understeer to not make silly mistakes again. So definitely theres even more speed to come from him this season. But he is being very honest and says that he just isnt good enough at the moment to win. His aim is TOP3 in the end of the season.

for those who havent seen Tänak's mistake it is here http://sport.err.ee/597196/video-kas...rustuse-lohkus

Neuville: portugal isnt his favourite place but still a very good rally for him and great speed like always. Great power stage points again and will be giving Ogier a run for his money as long as he isnt making a mistake. Great battle ahead.

Latvala: like Tänak, ruined his rally with a silly mistake. Overall a very good season so far, still has a shot for the championship IF Toyota can keep it up with the others and he isnt making anymore mistakes. Definitely needs some wins to keep up the championship hopes But in reality i think he and Tänak will battle for the third place in WDC.

Sordo: quiet 3rd place IMO, he is going really well this season, great to see after so many fans have written him down.

Paddon: Shame about the problems, he was a real contender for the win IMO. Some breathtaking splits and stage times before his problems. i hope his luck returns for rest of the season and great to see that the speed has been back now for couple of rallies, but yeah, that rotten luck.

Breen: this guy never stops impressing, he is just progressing so nicely. for sure he is gonna have some podiums this season and big future ahead. I hope he will the best placed Citroen driver in the end of the season and i see no reason why he cant be if he continues like that.

Evans: has surprised me many times this season with his speed. but we will see how he goes on if the season progresses. The pattern with him every season is that he is very good in the beginning of the season at special rallies but when the championship returns to europe and to normal and faster gravel rallies then he tends to fade away.

Lappi: did exactly like i was expecting from him. Nothing special but not bad either. Great power stage! Will be interesting to see his progression through the season.

Havent got to say anything special about Meeke, Lefebvre, Hanninen and Ostberg other than Mads has also surprised me couple of times.

so half way through the season the TOP3 drivers i would have in my team are Ogier, Tänak and Neuville and what a team that would be!
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

7. Likes: AnttiL (22nd May 2017),NickRally (22nd May 2017),sonnybobiche (22nd May 2017),steve.mandzij (22nd May 2017),WUff1 (22nd May 2017)
    Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Because im bored at work at the moment and we are basically half way through the season im making a little longer review.

Ogier: so the first time after Monte the champ had the car like he wants. Didnt hear him complain at all about the car or set-up. i was afraid when he gets things to his liking he would blitz the field and no one has a chance but it wasnt the case. Yes, he was fast and he won but it was more due to others having problems or making mistakes. Now it is much harder to beat him in the championship when he has things to his liking, the others have to try a lot more but it is far from over.

Tänak: Just watched the onboard comparison between Tänak and Ogier from stage 12. Before the mistake Tänak was 5 secs up on him. Very clean and nice driving from Tänak on that stage up to that little mistake but you dont need much to ruin your rally. After rally Tänak said that the set-up was the best he has had this season but the problem for him is still the understeer and because of that he already had couple of moments before and that mistake on SS12. They will have a 2 days test next week and he is trying to fix the understeer to not make silly mistakes again. So definitely theres even more speed to come from him this season. But he is being very honest and says that he just isnt good enough at the moment to win. His aim is TOP3 in the end of the season.

for those who havent seen Tänak's mistake it is here http://sport.err.ee/597196/video-kas...rustuse-lohkus

Neuville: portugal isnt his favourite place but still a very good rally for him and great speed like always. Great power stage points again and will be giving Ogier a run for his money as long as he isnt making a mistake. Great battle ahead.

Latvala: like Tänak, ruined his rally with a silly mistake. Overall a very good season so far, still has a shot for the championship IF Toyota can keep it up with the others and he isnt making anymore mistakes. Definitely needs some wins to keep up the championship hopes But in reality i think he and Tänak will battle for the third place in WDC.

Sordo: quiet 3rd place IMO, he is going really well this season, great to see after so many fans have written him down.

Paddon: Shame about the problems, he was a real contender for the win IMO. Some breathtaking splits and stage times before his problems. i hope his luck returns for rest of the season and great to see that the speed has been back now for couple of rallies, but yeah, that rotten luck.

Breen: this guy never stops impressing, he is just progressing so nicely. for sure he is gonna have some podiums this season and big future ahead. I hope he will the best placed Citroen driver in the end of the season and i see no reason why he cant be if he continues like that.

Evans: has surprised me many times this season with his speed. but we will see how he goes on if the season progresses. The pattern with him every season is that he is very good in the beginning of the season at special rallies but when the championship returns to europe and to normal and faster gravel rallies then he tends to fade away.

Lappi: did exactly like i was expecting from him. Nothing special but not bad either. Great power stage! Will be interesting to see his progression through the season.

Havent got to say anything special about Meeke, Lefebvre, Hanninen and Ostberg other than Mads has also surprised me couple of times.

so half way through the season the TOP3 drivers i would have in my team are Ogier, Tänak and Neuville and what a team that would be!
    I was about to ask about Tanak being in the team rather than Latvala, and then I remembered that Ogier and Latvala cannot be teammates.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_hoy View Post
    The strange thing is that they actually support chromecast, but only way to do it is if you use the browser on your phone. Then you will have the cast function.
    Have stopped using WRC+ but was like that last year. To cast chrome browser window with a computer is also a solution, but not as good the original cast function.
    My iOS WRC app has a cast button but I cannot change the play position (rewind/forward). I'm pretty sure I cast the Tour de Corse power stage stream through that as well as many highlight videos for sure

Liked 156 Times in 62 Posts
    Honestly, I'm beginning to think the reason Ogier always wins the championship is because of his consistency rather than speed. The silly mistakes you constantly see Latvala, Meeke and Neuville making? Ogier very rarely makes mistakes like that, and if he does, he's lucky enough to usually get away without serious damage or time lost. Even if Ogier doesn't win the rally, he is usually not far away, and scoring good points that sustain his lead.

He wins through sheer precision. His rivals do all the work for him, by crashing.

Imagine if Neuville hadn't thrown away his Monte and Sweden wins. He would have been leading the championship comfortably.
    Last edited by MentalParadox; 22nd May 2017 at 03:17.

11. Likes: sonnybobiche (22nd May 2017),steve.mandzij (22nd May 2017)
    Liked 124 Times in 64 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Paddon surprisingly positive at the finish.
    Why not? When the car worked he was setting fastest stage times. When he was penalised by being second on the road he was still fast and didn't crash so why should he be down about his performance?

13. Likes: GravelBen (22nd May 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by MentalParadox View Post
    The silly mistakes you constantly see Latvala, Meeke and Neuville making? Ogier very rarely makes mistakes like that, and if he does, he's lucky enough to usually get away without serious damage or time lost.
    This puzzles me, how is Ogier so lucky? Look at his season. In Monte he slid to a snowbank and run wide to a field and touched a bank - nothing happened. In Sweden and Mexico he spun. In Argentina he went again into a bank and also went wide off the road but nothing happened. Is it his driving style that saves him at these incidents?

Well, Neuville was also lucky in Argentina on his moment...

15. Likes: sonnybobiche (22nd May 2017)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    This puzzles me, how is Ogier so lucky? Look at his season. In Monte he slid to a snowbank and run wide to a field and touched a bank - nothing happened. In Sweden and Mexico he spun. In Argentina he went again into a bank and also went wide off the road but nothing happened. Is it his driving style that saves him at these incidents?
    His offs are usually at low speed where he can afford to push the car little more than normal, except that off-road excursion in Argentina, but that seemed like a pace note problem rather than over the limit off, and the speed wasn't big there either. So yes, it is his pacenotes/driving which makes the difference.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

17. Likes: A FONDO (22nd May 2017),sonnybobiche (22nd May 2017)