Page 4 of 116 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Liked 233 Times in 115 Posts
    Thanks for this additional insight Rally Power, it all helps.

When I asked my question about the access to the service park on 17th May, I sent it to all of the e-mail addresses listed on the webstore site and the first answer that came (from Loja ACP) was as posted above.
    Today though (on Sunday at 20:37 Portuguese time!), I received a second response (sender "rallypass") saying there is no public access to the service park on 17th May and that this access opens up to the public on 18th May with no requirement for a ticket. I really struggle to believe this second response as it not only contradicts the first answer, but also the official webstore, which claims that one of the advantages of obtaining a rally pass is the access to the service park.
    I am posting this as I don't want to mislead anybody with the first answer above. Having said that, anybody is free to decide who they wish to believe and who not to.

Liked 35 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickRally View Post
    When I asked my question about the access to the service park on 17th May, I sent it to all of the e-mail addresses listed on the webstore site and the first answer that came (from Loja ACP) was as posted above.
    Today though (on Sunday at 20:37 Portuguese time!), I received a second response (sender "rallypass") saying there is no public access to the service park on 17th May and that this access opens up to the public on 18th May with no requirement for a ticket. I really struggle to believe this second response as it not only contradicts the first answer, but also the official webstore, which claims that one of the advantages of obtaining a rally pass is the access to the service park.
    I am posting this as I don't want to mislead anybody with the first answer above. Having said that, anybody is free to decide who they wish to believe and who not to.
    Last year I was not allowed to enter the service park with a rally pass during wednesday afternoon. I was there during the morning, and then left to watch the scrutineering nearby Exponor and when I came back I had to call someone from the inside to pick me up by car at the entrance of Exponor because the security guy didn't let me pass.

In that case I need to make sure I sneak in in the morning and don't leave till the evening

Liked 16 Times in 7 Posts
    Hi Guys,
    My name is Rodrigo Neto Marques and I am the Rally Pass manager for the Vodafone Rally of Portugal.
    Yesterday I wrote here a post where I explained and answered to all your doubts and questions on this thread.
    Unfortunately, my post his not visible yet. probably because i´m new here.
    I´ll wait until tomorrow and if nothing happens, I will post again in order to help you decide the best way to follow our rally.
    Thanks to everyone for the interest.

6. Likes: A FONDO (21st March 2017),Andre Oliveira (21st March 2017),Micke_VOC (30th March 2017),Munkvy (21st March 2017),NickRally (21st March 2017),satnav (21st March 2017)
    Liked 5,531 Times in 2,289 Posts
    Obrigado Rodrigo

8. Likes: rodrigonm (22nd March 2017)
    Hi Rodrigo, your insight will be hugely appreciated, thank you for choosing to step in.

10. Likes: rodrigonm (22nd March 2017)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    Obrigado Rodrigo
    Obrigado se for para dar umas dicas porreiras de sítios, acessos, etc. Se for para impingir Rally Passes que fiquem lá com eles. Aos impostos, taxas e taxinhas que pagamos e sendo o rali acertada e altamente financiado pelas Câmaras e o Estado (Turismo), bem que merecemos vê-lo de borla...
    Last edited by Rally Power; 21st March 2017 at 20:47.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 16 Times in 7 Posts
    Hi to all,

I have took notice of this thread and decided to step in to answer some of your doubts.

My name is Rodrigo and i am the Rally Pass manager. I am not here to sell rally passes, but it looks like that a explanation of the services could be helpfull for you to decide how to follow this event.

Most important thing. The Vodafone Rally of Portugal is a free really to follow live. Like other rallies on the South of Europe, like Spain, France, Italy, stage access is completely free.

For security reasons the organization of the rally, defines several ZE on each stage. ZE stands for Zona Espectaculo which means Spectator Zone. So, the only thing you need to do is to find the information about the ZE´s available in 2017. This type of information will be available on the official website of the Rally of Portugal, but also on magazines one week before the event (Autosport or Autohoje are a couple of those).

It is up to you to decide where is best for you to go, depending on what you like most.

Access to the Service Park is also completely free. Last year the Service Park was closed until Thursday, but this year it will opens on Wednesday (17th May), and you can see live the technical inspections if you wish.

Now, about Rally Pass, it is important to understand what it really is on the Portuguese event.

Rally Pass is a term for tickets to stages. That´s exactly what happens in rallies of the North of Europe, like Sweden, Finland or Poland for example.

On these countries you must buy a Rally Pass to enter the spectator zones on each stage. Parking is not included on most cases.

Then on specific stages there is an hospitality facility where you can buy also the access. So for example in Finland you buy a Rally Pass for 65€ and then if you want more comfort and go inside the hospitality tent, you must pay up to 175€ more or something like that. And only for that specific day.

In Portugal, we developed the Rally Pass concept to a wider set of services. As our rally is free, we decided to create one exclusive spectator zone per day, on one stage only to accomodate corporate clients and organized groups that needed a place not so crowded to bring their guests.

This concept became so popular, specially because our rally brings thousands of people to the stages and it´s hard to reach those ZE, that we started to have also individual guests that prefer to spend some money to benefit from Rally Pass advantages.

Those advantages are; Exclusive road access to avoid traffic jams, parking guaranteed at no more than 200meters away from the zone, giant screen, tribunes for better viewings, bathrooms and restaurant option. Besides that it includes tickets for Thursday Shakedown and SS1 Lousada. And at the service park you can get exclusive parking and the right to walk closer to the teams.

So Rally Pass in Portugal must be seen as an Hospitality option. It´s wrong to think that you are obliged to get it. Not at all.

I hope this explanation helps you to decide the way to follow our rally. I will be around if someone has further questions or doubts.

Cheers,

13. Likes: A FONDO (22nd March 2017),Micke_VOC (30th March 2017),NickRally (22nd March 2017),salamaja (26th November 2017)
    Thanks for the detailed explanation Rodrigo. You mentioned the pass gives "the right to walk closer to the teams" at the service park - what do you mean by this?