Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    I wasn't aware of it. But looks like it's maybe 4 hours and change for me. If things don't work out at VIR, that's a definite possibility. And depending on how things roll this year, September might work out better than the May date at VIR.

Hopefully we'll catch up at some point. I don't think thsat I've met up with anyone from the board since the Champ Car race at Vegas years ago.
    OK. Keep in touch if you head up this way. It would be nice to meet another board member.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts

Hopefully we'll catch up at some point. I don't think thsat I've met up with anyone from the board since the Champ Car race at Vegas years ago.
    sorry to completely take this thread OT but If any of you guys are planning to be there for the USGP/any other events around there , I am now in the same area.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Welcome to the states. I assume you are in Texas? I don't plan on making the GP at COTA, but a number of friends will be there. Why don't you check in closer to the date?
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Yes in TX. I was already in the states for a while. I was in GA during 2016.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    To post on here more again.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Goals for the year
    Manage my time better
    Learn something new
    I will absolutely accomplish one of those.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The time between your 20s and 30s is probably the one with the most adventurous potential. The vast majority of the people focus on their careers and degrees, but there are certain things you should do to create unforgettable memories and make yourself proud of what you managed to accomplish.
    Whereas there are countless ideas which vary on your attitude and lifestyle.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Goals of the year
    do whatever you want to, enjoy your life as much as possible don't think about what you have done in past and what you will do in future just live in presence moment and experience the life.................

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts

Get my car on track at VIR... FINALLY. I have a feeling that it's now or never.

And since my current employer has foolishly decided to get on the path to self-destruction prior to my retirement date, decide what I'm going to do within the next 6-12 months. Move with them on the road to chaos and take as much of their money as I can and then jump off the sinking ship (hopefully before it sinks), or just leave and find something local that will allow me to lead a relatively sane life from here on out.

Oh, and take my girlfriend on a train tour of the Grand Canyon in late summer. Traveling back & forth and spending time away from her for a year or two would bother me. First time in my life that I've experienced that emotion. Weird. What's happening to me???
    #1: Made it to VIR and took part in an SCCA HPDE. Finally did it. Had a good time, but learned that while my car is damn fast, I'm not. I now have an even greater appreciation and respect for professional drivers and their ability to hit lap times that are within a tenth or so over the course of many laps. On a technical track like VIR, I can certainly say, this s### ain't as easy as it looks on TV.

#2: My company is run by people so incompetent that I turned down the "opportunity" to follow them through the gates of hell. It'll probably be another 4-6 months before they get to my department anyway. Economy is looking pretty good in my sector, so I'm not too pressed about what's next. What will be will be...

#3: No go on the Grand Canyon train tour last year. I think we'll either do that, or maybe a cruise, this year (even though I'm not so keen on being trapped on the ocean with other humans). The ladyfriend is great and I actually enjoy traveling and spending time with her (a unique feeling for a self-professed hermit such as myself). Life is good. Now, I'll just work on making life even better in 2018. I hope & pray for the very same for all of my fellow posters here. God bless you all.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith