Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
Get my car on track at VIR... FINALLY. I have a feeling that it's now or never.

And since my current employer has foolishly decided to get on the path to self-destruction prior to my retirement date, decide what I'm going to do within the next 6-12 months. Move with them on the road to chaos and take as much of their money as I can and then jump off the sinking ship (hopefully before it sinks), or just leave and find something local that will allow me to lead a relatively sane life from here on out.

Oh, and take my girlfriend on a train tour of the Grand Canyon in late summer. Traveling back & forth and spending time away from her for a year or two would bother me. First time in my life that I've experienced that emotion. Weird. What's happening to me???
#1: Made it to VIR and took part in an SCCA HPDE. Finally did it. Had a good time, but learned that while my car is damn fast, I'm not. I now have an even greater appreciation and respect for professional drivers and their ability to hit lap times that are within a tenth or so over the course of many laps. On a technical track like VIR, I can certainly say, this s### ain't as easy as it looks on TV.

#2: My company is run by people so incompetent that I turned down the "opportunity" to follow them through the gates of hell. It'll probably be another 4-6 months before they get to my department anyway. Economy is looking pretty good in my sector, so I'm not too pressed about what's next. What will be will be...

#3: No go on the Grand Canyon train tour last year. I think we'll either do that, or maybe a cruise, this year (even though I'm not so keen on being trapped on the ocean with other humans). The ladyfriend is great and I actually enjoy traveling and spending time with her (a unique feeling for a self-professed hermit such as myself). Life is good. Now, I'll just work on making life even better in 2018. I hope & pray for the very same for all of my fellow posters here. God bless you all.