Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Liked 86 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    5 - Henning and Sordo will retire from the WRC at the end of the season
    But Henning isn't actually participating in WRC (I mean full time)

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    A few predictors already have 1 fail after Monte (edited to show on their entry) but a number of predictions did come true.
    Meeke fan, Electoliquid and SMS Grafica all predicted a Toyota podium in 2017, SMS being specific about the Monte
    amilk said Ogier would win Monte but Negaiss was more accurate in saying it would be by 2 mins (2.15 was the actual)
    Cosmin had Mikkelsen in the top 8 at RMC, while Bigworm correctly predicted Breen to be the best placed Citroen driver on the opening round.
    Sadly Ctesibios' prediction of a major spectator accident came to pass and tommeke-b is already proven to be accurate in his prediction that there would be cancelled stages due to spectator control issues
    Lastly (and how this was foreseeable I just can't understand!) Grundo Farb identified that NOT would say something obnoxious. However that only counts as 1 correct, regardless of the number of repetitions!
    Sweden will throw up some more correct predictions if Toyota get a podium but more are in line to be incorrect than will be right!
    Becksy still doesn't look to be shedding any spare padding but maybe I'll be proven right when she starts jogging in the Summer!
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

3. Likes: A FONDO (31st January 2017),b3637853 (1st February 2017),eib1 (31st January 2017),electroliquid (13th February 2017),Grundo Farb (31st January 2017)
    Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    So far my #1 predict is correct. And I´m glad to it. See #9
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    So far my #1 predict is correct. And I´m glad to it. See #9
    Now Per will be hoping that Toyota fail for the rest of the year as he said that would be their only win.
    EST WRC was correct that Latvala would take a win with help from others (have to say he should be sending Thierry a big bowl of fruit). Cosmin also predicted a 2017 Toyota rally win. Toyoda was half right that Toyota would get a podium in Sweden but have problems with things breaking (not so far...).
    Donkey ears for me; "Toyota won't win a rally in 2017. Gregor-y; "Toyota form doesn't translate into wins. Tomhlord; "Tanak wins in Sweden". Negaiss; "Latvala wins just won't come"..and best of all Ivar; "Sweden will be cancelled because of lack of snow and ice". Slightly wrong was Ctesibos in saying Haninen would be first Toyota rally winner.
    Finally the absolute end of the VW saga has made Pantealex, RS. Grutz and Zeakiwi all join the WRONG group for their various Mikkelsen and/or Ogier in a 2017 VW predictions.
    Mexico next where if there are Ogier and Latvala crashes a number of predictors will be vindicated!

6. Likes: Rallyper (14th February 2017)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    This is what I said:

5) Mikkelsen will start with VW this year several times.

You can´t say after Sweden that I got it wrong
    (There is 2016 Polo which he can start with)
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

8. Likes: Rallyper (14th February 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    This is what I said:

5) Mikkelsen will start with VW this year several times.

You can´t say after Sweden that I got it wrong
    (There is 2016 Polo which he can start with)
    Very well I will not count that as a fail yet however the moment all 2016 Polos are reported as being crushed ( like in Pulp Fiction) I shall act in a childish 'I was right' manner!

10. Likes: pantealex (15th February 2017),Rallyper (15th February 2017)
    Liked 661 Times in 290 Posts
    4 different winners in opening 4 rounds. Surely lots of crystal balls will have predicted that.
    https://twitter.com/KiwiWRCfan adding a fans perspective to Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiWRCfan View Post
    4 different winners in opening 4 rounds. Surely lots of crystal balls will have predicted that.
    Ha ha - nothing like self-promotion!! Yes KiwiWRCfan successfully predicted 4 different winners in the opening 4 rounds!! Not a perfect prediction though as he added- "Going into Rally Argentina we have a fourth different leader of drivers points table"
    Only 2 different leaders thus far.
    Mk2RS2000 also has been proven correct with the 'All manufacturers will win a minimum of one round'.
    Eigth Gear should count themselves as very wrong in saying 'Hanninen impresses' - well maybe the odd rock and tree!
    Also WOTM was Meekefan who said the 'Citroen will be unbeatable on asphalt'

Best accurate prediction from France goes to Zeakiwi who said Ogier 'spends a lot of time with his head under the Fiesta bonnet'!!

13. Likes: cali (9th April 2017),pantealex (10th April 2017)
    Ok - time for a predictions update as Portugal and the subsequent events has wrecked some of the predicted outcomes but brought others to reality!
    RP and Toyoda have got Andreas Mikkelsen joining Citroen correct. Toyoda correctly saying he'd replace Lefevbre. RP isn't 100% accurate as AM isn't yet the '2nd car'. Monte 66 was correct that AM would be in a WRC1 car in 2017. However because AM is back AFTER Portugal smsgrafica, BigWorm, Duval and Rallyper's predictions are dead in the water. 2017 Polo appearing is as good as gone but I suppose - can't close that until the Oz entry list is published.
    Grundo Farb's Desborough exceeding 300 'Man from Dungannon' prediction has gone platinum!
    At halfway through the season Tanak, Evans and Paddon have still to get a win (let alone 3) Meeke just has the 1 win but could get 2 more to bring some selections home. Hanninen is yet to impress or cause JML to feel frustrated.
    However the biggest number of failing predictions (wishful thinking?) concern the champ.
    He hasn't fallen out with M-Sport
    He has no crashes, DNFs, mechanical retirements to date
    Appears just as quick as ever
    Seems to be improving the Fiesta...
    And doesn't seem too concerned about road position (comments are not 'complaints'!)

15. Likes: b3637853 (24th May 2017),Fast Eddie WRC (31st May 2017),pantealex (25th May 2017),Simmi (24th May 2017)
    Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    However the biggest number of failing predictions (wishful thinking?) concern the champ.
    He hasn't fallen out with M-Sport
    He has no crashes, DNFs, mechanical retirements to date
    Appears just as quick as ever
    Seems to be improving the Fiesta...
    And doesn't seem too concerned about road position (comments are not 'complaints'!)
    You are twisting the facts a little bit, and is too early to sum things up.
    Ogier is far from what he was with VW.
    Neuville's prediction that Ogier may not be as competitive as in the past still stands true for now. Yes, Ford are making progress, but the game is still on.