Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Liked 1,440 Times in 825 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    Ok guys - enough of the 'how much is Ogier's mental game stillaffecting the opposition' debate - this is the crystal balls thread wheras Ogier's are couilles d'acien. If someone would like to take this up as a new thread, be my guest. One last parting shot. Does anyone think that if there was a Polo 17 team that the WRC leader would be any different?
    Nope, he might have even shown us a stronger, healthier lead in the championship, perhaps with more wins, or maybe it would have been an all VW fight with podium lock outs, perhaps besides the times Jari wouldn't be able to finish a rally.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Nope, he might have even shown us a stronger, healthier lead in the championship, perhaps with more wins, or maybe it would have been an all VW fight with podium lock outs, perhaps besides the times Jari wouldn't be able to finish a rally.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    This. Besides Neuville would have become frustrated and made more mistakes.

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Just an update on successes and fails after the last 2 rallies:
    Tomhlord, GeoFerg_Sco and Jewy46 have one way or another said Toyota would get 3 podia (correct plural of podium) this year.
    Sollitt is pretty much confirmed in the opinion that 'Ogier will be competitive but not dominant'
    Electroliquid, Ivar, AL14, Est and Stefan VV have all been proved right with Tanak's win in Sardinia.
    Dupanton is partially right in that Tanak became the 5th different winner but in 4 different cars, not 3.
    Thousandlakes had a partial success in saying that Lappi and Suninen would surprise with stage wins in Poland, actually Lappi got his maiden stage win earlier.
    Finally in the list of successes - I was proved correct when a stage was cancelled in Poland.

Fails were registered by A Fondo (African immigrant boat issues did not cause cancellation in Sardinia!!) and rp (Jarko Nikara in 4th Toyota at NRF)

Currently a number of vaguely phrased predictions need to run a little further but Ogier is certainly not fighting Meeke for WDC and Neuville does not appear to be under team pressure from Paddon.
    We wait to see if NRF turns out to be the fastest average speed rally of all time and how much faster WRC17 cars are than their predecessors.
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

4. Likes: Jewy46 (24th July 2017),pantealex (23rd July 2017),smokingjoe (25th July 2017),sollitt (24th July 2017)
    Update pre-WRGB:

Well folks it looks like two of my 5 are going to be correct come Sunday evening - Ogier champ and Australia an expensive sight-seeing trip. rp will also be pleased with the Ogier win but whether it brings the blue oval back is still doubtful.
    smsgrafica has already blown all 5 with Hyundai not being manufacturer champs and Meeke as WC!!
    A Fondo definitely was wrong about Fords retiring in half the events, Hyundai and (although things were shaky for a while) Hanninen being replaced. Rallyper, AI 14, Eli are all on the money with an Ogier WDC (Cmon there can't be anyone that thinks otherwise after that testing footage!).
    Duvel needs one more Tanak win to have been completely right about the Estonian hero's progress. All Polo bets are now officially OFF.
    Grundo Farb has only 2 rallies to see a 2016 car take a stage win - don't hold your breath! Sorry Toyoda, Neuville never managed to get inside Ogier's head - the space was all taken up with supreme confidence! EightGear has called Latvala's drop in form correctly. More tomorrow

6. Likes: pantealex (24th October 2017),Rallyper (24th October 2017)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    EightGear has called Latvala's drop in form correctly. More tomorrow
    ???

referring this?

4. Hanninen impresses and after some time equals Latvala, who becomes frustrated and gets destroyed mentally.
    Latvala has been plagued by technical issues for the later half of the season, wouldn't call that "destroyed mentally"

Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    ???

referring this? lf of the season, wouldn't call that "destroyed mentally"
    Sorry just being mischievous - however how do we know that the mechanical issues haven't been the car picking up on JML's mental state. Fact is I bet someone 4 years ago that JML would be WDC in 5. Looks like I have to pay up and I will NEVER forgive him

9. Likes: pantealex (24th October 2017)
    Liked 661 Times in 290 Posts
    My 7th prediction was " Professional photographers at Rally GB compete for the "N.O.T. Award" given for best photo featuring Autumn leaf colours"
    Any volunteers to act as a judge ?
    https://twitter.com/KiwiWRCfan adding a fans perspective to Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiWRCfan View Post
    My 7th prediction was " Professional photographers at Rally GB compete for the "N.O.T. Award" given for best photo featuring Autumn leaf colours"
    Any volunteers to act as a judge ?
    Beat me to the drop! Can I suggest that forum members post links to those shots felt worthy of inclusion. I'll judge because as the linked shot shows I'm no stranger to Welsh autumn colour! Special marks awarded if sheep are included in the shot!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/74mex/...57637889056553

12. Likes: cali (24th October 2017),KiwiWRCfan (24th October 2017)
    Liked 661 Times in 290 Posts
    Are we allowed to get our Crystal Balls out before Xmas or do need to wait until early January ?
    https://twitter.com/KiwiWRCfan adding a fans perspective to Twitter

14. Likes: AnttiL (13th December 2017),pantealex (13th December 2017)
    Liked 57 Times in 24 Posts
    Just put them away, you don't want your crystal balls to spend too much time out in the sun...