Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Liked 144 Times in 49 Posts
    Lappi has been amazing. The car is getting better and better. Very excited for the upcoming rallies. Racing in the US is such an emphasis on the driver--I love the WRC cars. Completely awesome....and in the hands of these brilliant drivers....it is just magic. Just had no idea what I was getting into, but man, this is so awesome!

2. Likes: A FONDO (18th June 2017)
    Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Ok, I understand, most people here are rally addicts, but why some of you feel the need to make jokes with other forms of motorsport. Every once in a while someone here will make a joke with NASCAR.
    I can ensure you that NASCAR is one of the most demanding an hardest form of motorsport, and as such it deserves more respect.

4. Likes: AndyRAC (18th June 2017)
    Brno, Moravia, CZ (also near Vienna :-D )
    Liked 254 Times in 129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jparker View Post
    I can ensure you that NASCAR is one of the most demanding an hardest form of motorsport, and as such it deserves more respect.
    Well, that was good one I like your sense of humor. Pure speed is only small part of the whole motorsport concept. Motorsport is also about hard braking, turning right or about slides in some kinds of motorsport. Building oval circuits with 2 or 4 left turns for better logistics and easier spectating is road to hell. It kills motorsport. You canīt support such approach not even in bad dream.
    Visit South Moravia. It is the real paradise

6. Likes: Jarek Z (18th June 2017)
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liposh View Post
    Well, that was good one I like your sense of humor. Pure speed is only small part of the whole motorsport concept. Motorsport is also about hard braking, turning right or about slides in some kinds of motorsport. Building oval circuits with 2 or 4 left turns for better logistics and easier spectating is road to hell. It kills motorsport. You canīt support such approach not even in bad dream.
    I'm not a big Nascar fan but not sure you've actually watched it if you think it's easy. The cars are pretty much drifting the whole time at 200mph and side by side with other cars. I wouldn't call it one of the hardest forms of the sport (not compared to the endurance tests like LM24 or what rallying used to be) but it's definitely difficult and requires skill.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

8. Likes: AndyRAC (18th June 2017),Coach 2 (18th June 2017),EightGear (18th June 2017),Mirek (18th June 2017),Munkvy (18th June 2017),pantealex (19th June 2017),TWRC (18th June 2017)
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    On the other hand basically any activity if being held as a competition requires skills to be the best
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

10. Likes: AL14 (18th June 2017),raybak (20th June 2017)
    Liked 1,244 Times in 676 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liposh View Post
    NASCAR do race on road circuits as well as ovals......

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    On the other hand basically any activity if being held as a competition requires skills to be the best
    It's not only the skills. Mental strength is dominant in NASCAR. I know many will disagree, but while NASCAR drivers will do reasonably well i rally, most rally drivers will not be able to cope with NASCAR races.

Liked 833 Times in 381 Posts
    I know many will disagree, but while NASCAR drivers will do reasonably well i rally, most rally drivers will not be able to cope with NASCAR races.
    Not even the fastest American rally drivers do reasonably well outside of their domestic championships, and you expect NASCAR drivers to do so? Maybe the can do reasonably well in the domestic championship, considering the level of competition.

14. Likes: MDSP (19th June 2017)
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    It's not only the skills. Mental strength is dominant in NASCAR. I know many will disagree, but while NASCAR drivers will do reasonably well i rally, most rally drivers will not be able to cope with NASCAR races.
    You're high if you actually think that.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

16. Likes: MDSP (19th June 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    Not even the fastest American rally drivers do reasonably well outside of their domestic championships, and you expect NASCAR drivers to do so? Maybe the can do reasonably well in the domestic championship, considering the level of competition.
    I'm qute sure NASCAR drivers will do better in in their domestic championship. Problem is that rally doesn't inspire many in US.
    I remember NASCAR driver giving some hard time to Loeb and Co, during Race of the Champions.