Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    And here some of Saab rally history, however sound only partly.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5-HP9v2slE
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 144 Times in 49 Posts
    Update on my new fandom: I absolutely love this sport. Love everything about it. However, a couple of things that I love the most....1) At a time in racing globally when the focus is on cost containment at the expense of interesting technology/machinery, WRC cars are absolutely the coolest thing I have ever followed! Just fabulous. 2) I know to long time rally fans this will seem stupid, but I love the focus on pure speed and NOT side by side racing. To me, going as fast as you can with different surfaces and changing conditions is completely captivating. I am absolutely addicted. No hope. Up at night in my time zone to watch live stages, etc. Thank you to all for putting up with my newness, and giving me great advice and information. Great stuff!

3. Likes: er88 (19th April 2017),Jarek Z (17th June 2017),MartijnS (19th April 2017),Munkvy (20th April 2017),pantealex (20th April 2017),Rallyper (19th April 2017),skarderud (20th April 2017),Thousandlakes (17th June 2017)
    Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Revman View Post
    Update on my new fandom: I absolutely love this sport. Love everything about it. However, a couple of things that I love the most....1) At a time in racing globally when the focus is on cost containment at the expense of interesting technology/machinery, WRC cars are absolutely the coolest thing I have ever followed! Just fabulous. 2) I know to long time rally fans this will seem stupid, but I love the focus on pure speed and NOT side by side racing. To me, going as fast as you can with different surfaces and changing conditions is completely captivating. I am absolutely addicted. No hope. Up at night in my time zone to watch live stages, etc. Thank you to all for putting up with my newness, and giving me great advice and information. Great stuff!
    You've chosen a good time to start following the sport, considering how fierce the competition is now. 4 different drivers winning the first 4 races, in 4 different manufacturers. You've witnessed the Meeke drama on the power stage in Mexico which will go down as one of the greatest finishes to a wrc rally ever, and even your own team Toyota has massively surpassed expectations with a win and Jari being 2nd in the championship.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

5. Likes: EstWRC (19th April 2017),pantealex (20th April 2017),Rallyper (19th April 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    You've chosen a good time to start following the sport, considering how fierce the competition is now. 4 different drivers winning the first 4 races, in 4 different manufacturers. You've witnessed the Meeke drama on the power stage in Mexico which will go down as one of the greatest finishes to a wrc rally ever, and even your own team Toyota has massively surpassed expectations with a win and Jari being 2nd in the championship.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    No question that Toyota has far exceeded my expectations. I absolutely adore Jari-Matti--such passion! I very much enjoy Juno--although I need him to keep the car whole, and it's going to be fun to see what Lappi can do. Obviously, I am Toyota biased, but the personalities of this sport are awesome. Meeke is very enjoyable, and honestly, I like Seb and all of his swagger. Come to think of it, all of the drivers bring such character to the sport. I kind of feel like I know them all, and that just adds to it. I thought I might like this sport when Toyota came to WRC. I was wrong. I LOVE IT!!!

7. Likes: er88 (25th April 2017),pantealex (20th April 2017)
    Update 2 on Fandom: LOVING this sport. Anticipating each upcoming rally. Studying replays to prepare. The cars are fabulous. The drivers are amazing, and fun to listen to. Absolutely, unconditionally, helplessly addicted. It's done. I'm in. Enjoying all that Latvalla is, and captivated by Lappi. Getting some speed from Juno is a bonus. Great, great, great stuff.

9. Likes: jiipee64 (17th June 2017),MrJan (17th June 2017),Rally Power (18th June 2017),the sniper (17th June 2017),Thousandlakes (17th June 2017),TWRC (17th June 2017)
    Liked 3,289 Times in 1,731 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Revman View Post
    Thank you to all for putting up with my newness, and giving me great advice and information.
    Putting up? What are you talking about! It's great to read your comments, expecially since you are from the US, the country of NASCAR and Indy!
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

11. Likes: Rally Power (18th June 2017)
    Liked 99 Times in 48 Posts
    Revman. Next two rallies Toyota will be hard to beat. Especially I am waiting Lappis performance at lot. Here in Finland we have some kind of Lappi hype going on. Press and other media here in Finland are interested about him much now. They woke up finally after Rally Sardinia I am waiting a lot next two races. Poland has nice and fast roads and Rally Finland is just amazing. Mother of all rallies.

Liked 99 Times in 48 Posts
    [url]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SgOK95kpTZ8&feature=youtu.be[/L

Lappi in action
    Last edited by Thousandlakes; 17th June 2017 at 23:05.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thousandlakes View Post
    Poland has nice and fast roads and Rally Finland is just amazing. Mother of all rallies.
    Poland scares me, I'm worried that there is going to be a big accident there. It's like a narrow version of Finland stages but with trees closer and fans in stupid spots.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

15. Likes: er88 (18th June 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    Putting up? What are you talking about! It's great to read your comments, expecially since you are from the US, the country of NASCAR and Indy!
    Thank you so much!

17. Likes: Coach 2 (18th June 2017)