Page 97 of 263 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast
    Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    I dont see M-Sport chasing Manufacturer points, especially compared to the factory teams. Their no.1 priority will be Ogier in the WDC and his team-mates supporting him by trying to take points off his title contenders.
    But isn't winning the manufacturers title more beneficial for the team, rather than the drivers title?

Liked 144 Times in 87 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    Rumours about Al-Rahji with Fiesta WRC17 in Finland
    Would be great, how many drivers will drive a 2017 Fiesta this year!? M-sport buisines is going good i think.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Who knows, how it is with Ogier. WDC is definitely equally important as a way to keep him happy and in the car (2018), but logically if you make a strong team, spend a lot of many and get many grey hairs in the process, then i can`t see how the main goal isn`t man. championship. Especially in order to impress Ford`s bosses.
    Last edited by Tarmop; 2nd March 2017 at 19:11.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    I dont see M-Sport chasing Manufacturer points, especially compared to the factory teams. Their no.1 priority will be Ogier in the WDC and his team-mates supporting him by trying to take points off his title contenders.
    Why not? Alongside Hyundai they’ve the strongest driver’s line up and the Focus already proved to be one of the most competitive cars.

On MSport team orders: it’d be naïf to think that in case Ogier stays in the title race during the season, Tanak won’t be asked to give Ogier full support, including slowing down, if occasionally he stays in front of the French. But the opposite would be a surprise: if the season doesn’t goes well to Ogier and Tanak gets in a better position to become champion, would Ogier abdicate one or two rally wins to give the Estonian a hand?
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    Rumours about Al-Rahji with Fiesta WRC17 in Finland
    Maybe I'm wrong and the active diff makes them easier to drive, but I still think '17 cars are to fast to put on 2nd level drivers hands...
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong and the active diff makes them easier to drive, but I still think '17 cars are to fast to put on 2nd level drivers hands...
    I agree with you. They are too fast also for 1st level drivers hands...

Liked 216 Times in 105 Posts
    I disagree, surely Malcolm knows Ogier only went to M-Sport as it was a short notice decision and he didn't have a realistic alternative option where he would be guaranteed number 1 status. So I would assume Malcolm knows he may well only have Ogier for one year.

So if anything he will use that year to gain as much from Ogier as he can, including improving the car and the team with his work ethic, knowledge and abilities behind the wheel.

But further to that, if Ogier can bring them the manufacturers championship, that is Malcoms ticket to getting Ford back into the WRC properly. After all, when was the last time a non-manufacturer won the manufacturers title, it's been a while and that's much better PR for Malcom than Ogier winning WDC yet again...

To me, that has to be far more important, especially knowing he will probably lose Ogier at the end of the year to whichever team wants him the most/can offer the best package of role/car/money....

Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkvy View Post
    I disagree, surely Malcolm knows Ogier only went to M-Sport as it was a short notice decision and he didn't have a realistic alternative option where he would be guaranteed number 1 status. So I would assume Malcolm knows he may well only have Ogier for one year.

So if anything he will use that year to gain as much from Ogier as he can, including improving the car and the team with his work ethic, knowledge and abilities behind the wheel.

But further to that, if Ogier can bring them the manufacturers championship, that is Malcoms ticket to getting Ford back into the WRC properly. After all, when was the last time a non-manufacturer won the manufacturers title, it's been a while and that's much better PR for Malcom than Ogier winning WDC yet again...

To me, that has to be far more important, especially knowing he will probably lose Ogier at the end of the year to whichever team wants him the most/can offer the best package of role/car/money....
    I see Ogier winning the WDC as the biggest publicity boost M-Sport can possibly get... (plus if they do that the Manufacturer's title might come also).

But if M-Sport only win the Manufacturer's title and say, Neuville, won the WDC, who would be hearing about M-Sport ? It will all be about the new Driver's Champion and his team.

And given the strength of the factory-teams, no-one will think any less of private M-Sport if the dont win the Manufacturer's...

Malcolm Wilson:
    "I’ve made no secret of how much we wanted to work with Sebastien and Julien, and it is fantastic to welcome them to the team. We have worked extremely hard to secure them, and they believe that the Ford Fiesta WRC is the car with which they can best defend their championship."
    Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 2nd March 2017 at 22:31.
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    Especially in order to impress Ford`s bosses.
    Toyota Gazoo Racing WRT
    Hyundai Motorsport
    Citroen Total Abu Dhabi WRT
    M-Sport World Rally Team

Speaks volumes as to how much Wilson wants to impress Ford. I don't necessarily agree that he'll concentrate on Ogier and the WDC, I just can't see him being all about team orders either.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    I see Ogier winning the WDC as the biggest publicity boost M-Sport can possibly get... (plus if they do that the Manufacturer's title might come also).

But if M-Sport only win the Manufacturer's title and say, Neuville, won the WDC, who would be hearing about M-Sport ? It will all be about the new Driver's Champion and his team.

And given the strength of the factory-teams, no-one will think any less of private M-Sport if the dont win the Manufacturer's...

Malcolm Wilson:
    "I’ve made no secret of how much we wanted to work with Sebastien and Julien, and it is fantastic to welcome them to the team. We have worked extremely hard to secure them, and they believe that the Ford Fiesta WRC is the car with which they can best defend their championship."
    I might agree Wilson would appreciate more WDC than manus one, but not because of publicity or impressing Ford company, but because it was slipping away from him for so long, having the best driver in his team. He wanted Loeb, he wanted Ogier back in the years, now is the time when he has him to break a long break with Ford winning WDC. Manu title seems more likely when You have two strong drivers like Gronholm & Hirvonen, even against the mighty Loeb & Citroen. After all 2 is more than 1.

Anyway I believe current M-Sport line-up is strong enough to win the manu title. The rest is history.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

11. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (3rd March 2017)