Page 83 of 263 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast
    Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    i wanted to write the same but i thought i would be the only one here.
    Maybe he is but on the other hand he is for sure better driver than many of those who have the seat. I can't understand why he doesn't drive. It's like if the teams didn't want his points.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

2. Likes: cali (21st February 2017),jparker (21st February 2017),pantealex (21st February 2017)
    Liked 827 Times in 374 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    I understand Mikkelsen point of view, but he seems like a prima donna from N.O.T's "favourite" sport, F1.
    He's right though, but is seen as an prima donna in Norway. I heard last year that some Norwegians to support Ostberg instead of Mikkelsen because of this.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    I don't agree with some of you guys. Where is the prima donna here? He is among the TOP 3 drivers in the world and he has reached this result with hard job and dedication...and also paying for drive at the beginning of his career.

Refusing to pay again is in my opinion acting as a serious professional driver would act. Or at least doesn't make him prima donna. That's costly and even if he is rich he is very much free to spend his own money the way he wants.

He can refuse to pay, there's nothing wrong for me, he is not disrespecting anyone or the sport. The norwegian people who are backing Ostberg instead of him for that are no real fan. Better for him if he lost them. (imho).

5. Likes: EightGear (21st February 2017),er88 (21st February 2017),Fast Eddie WRC (22nd February 2017),Micke_VOC (27th February 2017),seb_sh (21st February 2017),skarderud (21st February 2017)
    Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    I dont think he is acting incorrectly wanting a paid drive, but he was wrong to put all his eggs in the Polo basket...

7. Likes: Allez Andruet (21st February 2017),er88 (21st February 2017),pantealex (21st February 2017),Rallyper (21st February 2017),seb_sh (21st February 2017),steve.mandzij (23rd February 2017)
    Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Major frustration for him, but he needs to drop it. The VW-ship has sailed. If he wants to be a works driver, then he should drive for Skoda since they're the only team that offers him that right now, the other teams have made their decisions already. Even though they're strange, the decisions have been made.

Liked 82 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mousti View Post
    He's right though, but is seen as an prima donna in Norway. I heard last year that some Norwegians to support Ostberg instead of Mikkelsen because of this.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
    Some seem to think that there is too much party and glamour around Mikkelsen. If you take a look at his social medias you can't really blame them. But... Who cares as long as he is doing a good job behind the wheel.
    Last edited by Eric; 21st February 2017 at 16:02.

10. Likes: Sulland (21st February 2017)
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Some seem to think that there is too much party and glamour around Mikkelsen. If you take a look at his social medias you can't really blame them. But... Who cares as long as he is doing a good job behind the wheel.
    Jesus what kind of fans Mikkelsen has? Even if he isn't doing a good job behind the wheel why shouldn't him have fun? Are they paying him? Are all of them having fun only if they work hard during the week and staying at home if they don't work well?
    If they were rich and goodlooking like him they wouldn't be doing the same?
    lol

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Well, I can only speak for myself.
    I chear all norwegians that are driving home and abroad.
    After Petter and Henning a few others have gotten the chance in the circus.

We also have EVEN management, trying to match the Finish way of managing young drivers in a professional manner.

for me it is more fun following a rally with Norwegians, than without - simple as that!

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Maybe he is but on the other hand he is for sure better driver than many of those who have the seat. I can't understand why he doesn't drive. It's like if the teams didn't want his points.
    Agreed. It's not only Mikkelsen, many others are loosing too.

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post

i agree 100% and i have also said in the past that i dont get how he didnt get a drive instead of some other drivers. But his only chance at the moment is to pay and get some rallies under his belt and show that he still has the speed. But he is acting like a spoiled child who starts to cry and says im not paying and this and that. Sitting out whole season and doing only recces will hurt him a lot IMO but we will see.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -