Page 8 of 263 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
    Liked 85 Times in 38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post
    Paddon was 5th in 2015
    Neuville was 2nd that year, in a 3 drivers battle for the win untill the very last stage. For me, this is still one of his best rallies ever.

He is right about Monte Carlo though, only Sordo had some decent results there.
    No he's not right. Neuville third last year in MC.
    'pitn skartn'

Liked 1,474 Times in 573 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    No he's not right. Neuville third last year in MC.
    I don't expect much from his this year in MC. Last year was his first result in MC. All editions before, he had a lot of offs.

Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    I don't expect much from his this year in MC. Last year was his first result in MC. All editions before, he had a lot of offs.
    5th in 2015 and beating Sordo in a proper fight. He's good enough for Monte now, he has the experience now.

Liked 85 Times in 38 Posts
    I don't think he had an off in 2015 (5th, Sordo 6th).
    2014 yes, 2013 not really, 2012 yes.
    Based on the last two years he should do better than Dani. I hope to see top 3.

As a Belgian you disappoint me Dupanton .
    Last edited by Jasper; 5th January 2017 at 09:47.
    'pitn skartn'

5. Likes: HaCo (6th January 2017)
    Liked 1,474 Times in 573 Posts
    I always have the feeling that he is not confident in MC.

No need to be disappointed Jasper, I'm a big Neuville fan!

7. Likes: HaCo (6th January 2017)
    Liked 12,209 Times in 5,242 Posts
    Opinion: WRC teams made a mistake by overlooking Mikkelsen

http://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/o...kelsen-862049/
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

9. Likes: pantealex (5th January 2017),skarderud (5th January 2017),WUff1 (5th January 2017)
    Liked 86 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Opinion: WRC teams made a mistake by overlooking Mikkelsen

http://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/o...kelsen-862049/
    I think this article puts things a bit out of perspective. I think Mikkelsen will get seat as soon one is available. At the mean time he just need to keep his form.

Liked 5,561 Times in 2,299 Posts
    THE WRC LOWDOWN:
    2017 SPORTING REGULATIONS
    EACH NEW WRC SEASON IS ACCOMPANIED BY UPDATES TO THE RULES AND REGULATIONS THAT GOVERN THE SPORT. THIS YEAR IS NO EXCEPTION, SO HERE'S OUR SUMMARY OF THE FIA-SANCTIONED CHANGES THAT WILL BE INTRODUCED IN 2017.
    ADVERTISING
    1) Start order reshuffle

Arguably the most important change concerns the order in which drivers will tackle stages in 2017.

In 2016, leading drivers started in championship order for days one and two before switching to a reverse event classification on day three.

This year, drivers will start in championship order for day one only.

On days two and three, P1 drivers [see below] will start in the reverse order of rally classification at the end of the previous day. This group will be followed by any P1 drivers re-starting under Rally 2 regulations, and then the rest of the field in straight classification order.

The day one start order of the season-opening Rallye Monte-Carlo will be based on the 2016 championship classification.

2) A more valuable Power Stage

First introduced in 2011, the Power Stage offers bonus championship points to the fastest drivers through Sunday lunchtime’s rally-closing live TV stage.

Up to now, the three fastest drivers have been awarded points on a 3-2-1 basis. This year there's more to play for. The stage winner will be rewarded with five points, with the five fastest drivers taking points on a 5-4-3-2-1 basis.

3) Manufacturer nominations

Manufacturers previously nominated two drivers per rally to score points. In 2017 they will instead nominate three, with the top two finishers scoring manufacturer points.

Also, manufacturers are no longer required to nominate one lead driver at the start of the season.

4) New driver definitions

The FIA has changed some of the priority class definitions that apply to championship drivers. You'll see these on every rally entry list. Here's what they mean in 2017:

P1: Drivers of World Rally Cars either entered by a manufacturer [i.e 2017-spec] or entered in the WRC Trophy [for earlier-spec cars]

P2: Drivers entered by a competitor eligible to score points in the WRC 2 Championship

P3: Drivers entered by a competitor eligible to score points in the WRC 3 and/or Junior WRC Championships

WRC.com

12. Likes: A FONDO (5th January 2017),Micke_VOC (5th January 2017),pantealex (5th January 2017)
    Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Baig2507 View Post
    Thanks for the corrected data. I still think the first few events are too difficult to predict with all the unknowns.

Cheer
    Hope we still have pickems, will make it interesting

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcco View Post
    I think this article puts things a bit out of perspective. I think Mikkelsen will get seat as soon one is available. At the mean time he just need to keep his form.
    Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. Also it doesn't look likely for this year, probably just next year. Mikkelsen is one of the drivers that could potentially beat Ogier in the future and he didn't get a drive. In short, Toyota, Ford and Citroen could have maybe fit him in but they didn't, for various reasons. I think it's too bad as he was on a very good form and I think he would have been fighting for wins almost each rally this year.

15. Likes: WUff1 (6th January 2017)