Page 79 of 263 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast
    Liked 782 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    Where did you find these complaints? Looks like I've missed them somehow...
    I think I heard a comment from Ogier saying the speeds were getting too fast, all of the other drivers seemed to think the speed was fine.

Liked 2,276 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mm77 View Post
    Are there any rumours of new manufacturers coming to WRC in near future 18/19 season for example ? Its rather boring right now with 4 manufacturers...
    Go away

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

3. Likes: steve.mandzij (23rd February 2017)
    Liked 99 Times in 48 Posts
    Kalle Rovanperä is leading rally vaakuna in Finnish championship by 12.6 sec after 2 ss! huge pace he has. Awesome talent for sure. Lets see if he is driving wales rally later this year. He is 17 years by then. Malcolm already called him

5. Likes: er88 (18th February 2017)
    WRC drivers are aliens! ruesluporp's Avatar
    Liked 64 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    I think I heard a comment from Ogier saying the speeds were getting too fast, all of the other drivers seemed to think the speed was fine.
    If Ogier says the speed is getting too fast, eveybody listen. He was World Champion four times in a row. The others...not!

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jparker View Post
    Of course not, but this kind of stages are not common. For most rallies the stages don't have big ups and downs in terms of speed, .

Really? What sort of stages do you run? Because ALL, every one i have done start at ZERO and then I gas it as hard and long as I can---rev limiter was set so top speed was 105mph or approx 170km/hr...and oddly enough in a 90 degree T junction on one lane road, speed is for the heroes about the same PEAK lowest around 25mph, or right about 40 km/hr (the difference to the real guys being how well they use their MUCH superior brakes approaching the corner, and how quickly and how hard they are on the gas exiting...but time and again when there is any speed display---even for Loeb or top WRC guys, watch and you'll see it dip to 40km/hr for an instant before bang they're gone)

So where have you been that there's stages that don't have big ups and downs in terms of speed?
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Quote Originally Posted by Thousandlakes View Post
    Kalle Rovanperä is leading rally vaakuna in Finnish championship by 12.6 sec after 2 ss! huge pace he has. Awesome talent for sure. Lets see if he is driving wales rally later this year. He is 17 years by then. Malcolm already called him
    Isn't genetics amazing?
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

9. Likes: BleAivano (19th February 2017)
    Liked 266 Times in 170 Posts

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa View Post
    Really? What sort of stages do you run? Because ALL, every one i have done start at ZERO and then I gas it as hard and long as I can---rev limiter was set so top speed was 105mph or approx 170km/hr...and oddly enough in a 90 degree T junction on one lane road, speed is for the heroes about the same PEAK lowest around 25mph, or right about 40 km/hr (the difference to the real guys being how well they use their MUCH superior brakes approaching the corner, and how quickly and how hard they are on the gas exiting...but time and again when there is any speed display---even for Loeb or top WRC guys, watch and you'll see it dip to 40km/hr for an instant before bang they're gone)

So where have you been that there's stages that don't have big ups and downs in terms of speed?
    I may be wrong, but if you are not providing any kind of analyses, you can't pretend to be right either.

Quote Originally Posted by jparker View Post
    I may be wrong, but if you are not providing any kind of analyses, you can't pretend to be right either.
    Not presenting analysis? Analysis? Actually I was being extremely polite in showing how that statement you made and which I empasisied was flat wrong in my personal experience on Stages in USA (Mainly the PNW and The NE, and Michigan--also western Canada (Alberta) and Quebec..And from observining Club, Nationals and WRC events in France, England and Sweden...and talking with drivers and organizers...

And it was a question: what kind of stages have you done where you don't start at zero and go whatever the car will do//whatever you dare on the straights?

You MAY be right for the stages you've done, but I don't know who you are, where you've been to develop what sounds to me to be a crazy misunderstanding..

And, I didn't know there was a rule somewhere that says if a question one statement, I must offer an "analysis'' of what? What I'm questions..

Show me in the Constitution where it says I must provide analysis when asking somebody how they arrived at an anomalous opinion!
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa View Post
    Not presenting analysis? Analysis? Actually I was being extremely polite in showing how that statement you made and which I empasisied was flat wrong in my personal experience on Stages in USA (Mainly the PNW and The NE, and Michigan--also western Canada (Alberta) and Quebec..And from observining Club, Nationals and WRC events in France, England and Sweden...and talking with drivers and organizers...

And it was a question: what kind of stages have you done where you don't start at zero and go whatever the car will do//whatever you dare on the straights?

You MAY be right for the stages you've done, but I don't know who you are, where you've been to develop what sounds to me to be a crazy misunderstanding..

And, I didn't know there was a rule somewhere that says if a question one statement, I must offer an "analysis'' of what? What I'm questions..

Show me in the Constitution where it says I must provide analysis when asking somebody how they arrived at an anomalous opinion!
    I was flat wrong? Boy, you are real american pro. Good lack fining many 40km turns on a stages with avg speed above 120km.