Page 73 of 263 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast
    Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    from three citroen drivers, maybe breen is the 'best' one. meeke can perform well only if there's no pressure (it seems that way looking at 2016)

Liked 656 Times in 315 Posts
    Apologies if posted elsewhere, but this is pretty good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2gcWcyMjjs&t=1s

3. Likes: pantealex (15th February 2017)
    Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by macebig View Post
    How Citroen lost both Ogier and Neuville by hanging on Loeb for too long has never been properly documented.
    I blacklisted this team in 2011. Only complete morons would choose the older who retires in 1-2 years instead of the younger already quick who can be their legend for 10-15 years ahead.

5. Likes: Francis44 (15th February 2017),macebig (14th February 2017)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowSon View Post
    I blacklisted this team in 2011. Only complete morons would choose the older who retires in 1-2 years instead of the younger already quick who can be their legend for 10-15 years ahead.
    Because Loeb has 10x marketing value and will probably have 10x marketing value from both Neuville and Ogier combined for the next 20 years.

7. Likes: danon (14th February 2017),Gregor-y (15th February 2017),pantealex (15th February 2017),Walach (15th February 2017),[RMC]Pip (15th February 2017)
    Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    My impression from the first two rallies is that the C3 is not fundamentally bad. We can tell almost nothing about it from Monte and in Sweden Meeke was not that much slower compared to others, but he wasn't on a podium pace either. The uncertainty in the rear end and the snappy behaviour, including what happened in Meeke's off could be down to the active diff. Of course this is just speculation but it will become more clear in Mexico and Corsica. If the same problems repeat then there could be a deeper issue with the car.

Look at the Hyundai, Neuville had massive pace on both rounds but Sordo took a while to get up to speed while Paddon in Sweden struggled with the active diff, going so far as choosing a setting that was almost disabling it. It's possible that some drivers are having problems adapting to driving an "active" car.

Otherwise I think Citroen are risking by putting all their faith in Meeke. He is the type of Solberg or Latvala driver that can go well when the pace he is comfortable at is enough but he goes off when he pushes. This is just a feeling but every time he starts talking about pushing and pace it doesn't take more than 2 stages for him to have an off.

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    My mistake, but you or me could have stepped in at that stage and run the team with the same results with Loeb driving.
    That's what I was saying originally - 1 year (plus 4 guest events) were no brainers with Loeb but the misery that was Mikko and Mads and the roundabout test events (Weijs etc) in 2012 meant Matton should have been sacked then.
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seb_sh View Post
    My impression....
    I think you could be right about the active diff, a few drivers are perhaps finding that it acts in a way that they don't expect. It's not just the C3, drivers of other cars have commented about the rear getting away from them.

I still think Meeke needs to be given a bit more time and wouldn't say that Citroen have misplaced their faith in him, you don't win in Finland if you can't be quick over a whole event. Neuville & Tanak have a history of throwing it at the scenery too, but there aren't many questioning their ability to drive quickly.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 430 Times in 227 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    Because Loeb has 10x marketing value and will probably have 10x marketing value from both Neuville and Ogier combined for the next 20 years.
    Yet, Citroen managed to drive all of fhem away in the end.So, they are getting NOThing....

Liked 27 Times in 15 Posts
    Thinking about citroen/ psa and marketing. Mother company of Peugeot and Citroën, Psa has other things on her mind. Not direct related at wrc. Could be in future effects at racing programme.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/business-38969791
    For your interest.

Liked 708 Times in 335 Posts
    If you watch the WRC+ onboard of SS17 with Meeke and Latvala, the Citroen is absolutely all over the place in comparison to the Toyota. Meeke is fighting it off throttle and on throttle, the rear just will not stay in line at all, its like its on casters. The Toyota on the other hand looks beautiful, the rear never steps out past where he wants it, on or off throttle.
    Yet if you watch Meeke in SS18 (power stage), it looks miles better than it did in the previous stage, and he is able to get on it and push.
    I hope for Citroen sake they know why and what changed between the two stages.

14. Likes: er88 (15th February 2017),[RMC]Pip (15th February 2017)