Page 67 of 263 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,479 Times in 844 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    First is right, second is not. I'm talking about last two years.
    Thanks anyway!
    You're welcome but even back in 2014 he finished twice on the points (ok he retired because of medical issues in Finland, but before hand he was running 9th) and I agree with you. I hope he will become a team leader at some point, sooner rather than later.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

2. Likes: AL14 (13th February 2017)
    Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Though I might be wrong, but Breen has reached his peak. In Sweden he had it all and a 5th place should only have been a 8th to raw speed I think. He will be a good 3rd driver. Wait for Mikkelsen joining Citroen.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

4. Likes: pantealex (13th February 2017)
    Liked 9,356 Times in 4,971 Posts
    Some of us have been supporting Breen for years (me since 2010) and always had faith in him reaching the top.

Throughout his recent pre-WRC days, and especially during his ERC campaigns I was always behind him (as those that use the ERC forum will testify).

He always had the speed and talent but suffered from errors. However these soon reduced and then his progress was tempered by bad luck, car problems and even tragedy.

I am so pleased he is finally being recognised for what I always saw and that he now has the chance at the top level. He has not disappointed.

6. Likes: Jewy46 (13th February 2017)
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post

Never been a fan of Mikkelsen myself and I don't get how it suddenly is the biggest travesty of all-time that he's not driving in WRC at the moment. It's not like one of Sebs would have had to sit out a season during the past 10 years or so.
    3rd in WRC 3 years in a row. Beating Ogier in same car in straight fight in Portugal and Australia. 2 rally wins in 2016 (Ogier 6, MIkkelsen and Meeke 2, others 1), without start position advantage. Clearly better than his teammate Latvala in 2016 (You know, the guy that is leading WRC atm.). Won the last rally of the season by his speed only (not like Duval back in a day).

Instead you have at least 4 drivers which are clearly worse than him driving "factory" seats:
    Hanninen (has always been inconsistent, with 6th place as best ever result, 2 years away)
    Breen (not (yet) there, even though he's improving a lot)
    Lefebvre (not (yet) there)
    Evans (fast on tarmac, too bad most events are gravel)

Btw. Mikkelsen is 10 years younger than Meek, 2 years younger than Paddon, 1/2 year younger than Evans and 1/2 year older than Breen.

Most people also noticed how the team bosses of both Citroen and Toyota went public in October/November complaining about the lack of good available drivers. Then VW pulled out and they didn't hire a guy that is clearly top 5 in the world atm.

Sure you can argue about contracts, but where there is will there is a way.

8. Likes: A FONDO (13th February 2017),dimviii (13th February 2017),jparker (13th February 2017),Micke_VOC (13th February 2017),pantealex (13th February 2017),skarderud (13th February 2017)
    Liked 359 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Though I might be wrong, but Breen has reached his peak.
    What.

Liked 430 Times in 227 Posts
    Though I might be wrong, but Breen has reached his peak. In Sweden he had it all and a 5th place should only have been a 8th to raw speed I think. He will be a good 3rd driver. Wait for Mikkelsen joining Citroen.
    Have to disagree.Breen was running in a new car (when everyone else already had a rally under their belt).That car probably lacks a bit speed and his road position wasn't the best.Despite all that he had a pretty much mistake free rally, didn't took uneccessary risks like his team mate and brought the car safely home.We will have to see more of him with the C3 before making judgement.

11. Likes: dimviii (13th February 2017)
    Liked 52 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by macebig View Post
    .Despite all that he had a pretty much mistake free rally,.
    Did we watch a different rally? He made pretty much one mistake per stage on day one. After that he just backed off by a lot and just cruised and built confidence.
    Agree with the rest though.

13. Likes: A FONDO (13th February 2017)
    Liked 9,356 Times in 4,971 Posts
    People have always underestimated Breen. He has been written off as reaching his peak so many times and at every level...

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    He never did a full championship, just less than a dozen outing at WRC and you think he has reached his peak already? In a sport where experience counts more than age?
    I know he has plenty of experience on other cars and championships but it's not the same thing. Mikkelsen is driving in WRC since 2006-7 and still last year he made progress.

16. Likes: dimviii (13th February 2017)
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    People have always underestimated Breen. He has been written off as reaching his peak so many times and at every level...
    I admit I was one of them and I'm glad I was wrong. He is very committed and really love the sport. We need more people like him.

18. Likes: EightGear (13th February 2017)