Page 51 of 263 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    Where is Mirek when we need him?
    In his taverna , and enjoying life!

2. Likes: AL14 (4th February 2017),WRC1 (4th February 2017)
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Sorry guys, I just came back home, packing stuff and rushing to Austrian Alps for skiing. You can ask PLuto or Walach for details of the article
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

4. Likes: itix (4th February 2017),WRC1 (4th February 2017)
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Nechybělo mnoho a český automobilový závodník Martin Prokop se svým týmem Jipocar měl pod křídly Francouze Sébastiena Ogiera. „Vše bylo dojednané. Zhatil to jediný člověk, na nějž není spoleh,"

Something like this:

Little was missing and czech racing driver Prokop with his Jipocar team had Ogier under his wings.
    ,,Everything had been dealt with. It was thwarted by the only person that can't be relied on.''

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

7. Likes: A FONDO (3rd February 2017),andyone (3rd February 2017),EstWRC (3rd February 2017),Micke_VOC (3rd February 2017)
    Liked 2,833 Times in 1,607 Posts
    Brake support under pedal. Could it be servo assistant braking like on streetcars? I had such on my Ascona B together with twin cylinder brake (front/rear), constructed and built by myself. Worked much better than without which demands much more power from left foot.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 233 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljuke View Post
    Nechybělo mnoho a český automobilový závodník Martin Prokop se svým týmem Jipocar měl pod křídly Francouze Sébastiena Ogiera. „Vše bylo dojednané. Zhatil to jediný člověk, na nějž není spoleh,"

Something like this:

Little was missing and czech racing driver Prokop with his Jipocar team had Ogier under his wings.
    ,,Everything had been dealt with. It was thwarted by the only person that can't be relied on.''
    I dont know why Prokop is trying to stir it up again. It was clear at that time that to run 17' VW cars they had to get homo's - that is minimum cost 15 millions to commit for 2017. Prokop didnt had that much, he was hoping for RedBull etc to chip in - so was that other person from his interview. Neither came up with money to the deadline, so now all this story is history... And its no way 17' VW cas were handed to czech team - deal was that VW motorsport staff would be looking after the cars, Prokop should stop telling his wet dreams... sorry, nothing against him, but he talks rubbish. Everyone is entitle to have dreams, talk about them, but please dont try to rewrite history...

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand I think that he is a strange guy because he is pratically humiliating himself publicy showing his weakness in this way. On the other hand I admire him because he is man enough to share his feelings without being ashamed about them. And actually, if you think about it, there is nothing to be ashamed of.
    Yes he had never the confidence of the best driver around, but I don't think it is self humiliation, more like "one of those things I have tried to improve myself". It didn't work. Why it's another question probably he should look deep in his mind and figure it out for himself. Nobody will give the answer on a plate.

Still, what he says is that Ogier has beaten him so badly that he lost his mind.
    I have to disagree once more. I don't believe he feels this way. Yes, Ogier is the best driver around and we all know this, it isn't some kind of surprise. Copying his driving on the other hand is worse than keeping your own style, trying to improve it in the most weak parts, and of course the result last year showed exactly this.

Anyway, it is very nice to know this side of the struggle of WRC drivers and is good that there are nice and open people like him to share it with us.
    All in all its good some drivers realize there is a room for improvement, it depends which direction they'll take. Some approach may work for one, and be disaster for somebody else.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 12,169 Times in 5,219 Posts
    Citroen, Hyundai against homologation of 2017 Volkswagen

http://www.rallysportmag.com.au/home...017-volkswagen
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Certainly in the case of Citroen - you have to wonder whether VW are slightly paying for all the dumb stuff Capito said.

Like Nandan says it's kind of ironic how the tables have turned.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    It is clear that Citroen and Hyundai don't want more competition.
    Why? Because the are scared. Ford are playing neutral, but we all know they are scared too.
    Current Team point system guarantees collection of points on each event, as long as driver reaches the finish line.
    More WRC2017 cars = less chances to get points.
    Yes, they are under huge pressure to deliver, but this is behavior of a looser.
    Last edited by jparker; 6th February 2017 at 14:29. Reason: edit