Page 255 of 263 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 2630
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Hayden Paddon‏*
    @HaydenPaddon
    My week just got even better. Another positive surprise, I will share details with you all soon.
    #PaddonsPack

Liked 109 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Hayden Paddon‏*
    @HaydenPaddon
    My week just got even better. Another positive surprise, I will share details with you all soon.
    #PaddonsPack
    The surprise is that he has won the social media award for the year. Nothing to get excited about.

3. Likes: A FONDO (20th November 2017),AnttiL (20th November 2017)
    Liked 12,162 Times in 5,216 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Sorry to say but this fan vote is a joke bcs half of Estonia voted for Tänak this time. He had a good season but IMHO not worthy of Driver Of The Season.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    Well I don’t think much of these awards either but So what ? The fans of other drivers of other countries must do a better job then. I think It shows how passionate Estonian fans are.

Järveoja definitely deserves best co-driver award imo. First year and such a good results.

About Tänak I agree. He was definitely one of the best drivers this season but best? And he is also very popular among the fans outside of Estonia.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

5. Likes: Aquagen (20th November 2017),pantealex (21st November 2017)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Well I don’t think much of these awards either but So what ? The fans of other drivers of other countries must do a better job then. I think It shows how passionate Estonian fans are.

Järveoja definitely deserves best co-driver award imo. First year and such a good results.

About Tänak I agree. He was definitely one of the best drivers this season but best? And he is also very popular among the fans outside of Estonia.
    I agree with you in general but I do not like the massive campaign to vote for Tänak which was organized by the estonian main media sources.

It's the same when The Bedwetters won MTV upcoming band awards (dunno the exact award name) only because mass media hype in our country. Ofcourse later this band disappeared completely, just another hype to boost nations self awareness.
    Don't like a least bit of it...

7. Likes: A FONDO (20th November 2017),EstWRC (20th November 2017)
    Liked 12,162 Times in 5,216 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by car View Post
    The surprise is that he has won the social media award for the year. Nothing to get excited about.
    He tweeted this an hour before he won the award so I doubt it’s about it.

Let’s hope it’s the news that he will contest the whole season after all!!!
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    I've never seen more useless content in a "analysis" (as Mr. Holmes calls it). Very sad evolution from the professional rally-journalists (Martin Holmes and David Evans) lately, I think they've become lazy... A lot of click-bait titles for articles without any useful or interesting content.
    Was that all, six pieces of text, or am I not seeing the whole article?

Fascinating if that's the whole analysis.

Liked 9,310 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Only WRC (fan) awards in Australia.

Official FIA Awards are on 08/12/17 in Paris.

Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Sorry to say but this fan vote is a joke bcs half of Estonia voted for Tänak this time. He had a good season but IMHO not worthy of Driver Of The Season.

It was a fair vote in all honesty but I doubt there was a single driver more deserving of the prize than Latvala this year. Tanak evolved into a genuine title contender this year, but Latvala found the consistency he never had and didn't make a single mistake until the last stage of the last rally.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    You have mentioned it, but...tbh, he rolled (ok, illness) and in Spain he broke the car himself. But i agree, great driving from him this year, also from Tänak but would have nominated the one and only person...who actually won the title. I agree with best co-driver and team.

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    You can make a case for quite a few drivers this year - which is fantastic. Latvala would probably have been my fourth choice. Neuville 3rd, Ogier 2nd...

Can't begrudge Tanak winning it at all. He broke through to take his first win, became a genuine title contender, won again and finished the year with his stock at an all-time high.

I was lucky enough to do five rounds this year and from a spectator perspective he's my driver of the year. If you're standing at a jump or anywhere which requires a bit of commitment he's one of the guys you're looking for.

Untitled by Richard Simpson, on Flickr
    Untitled by Richard Simpson, on Flickr
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

14. Likes: Aquagen (20th November 2017),EstWRC (20th November 2017),maailmameister (21st November 2017),makinen_fan (20th November 2017),MartijnS (20th November 2017),steve.mandzij (20th November 2017),STI69 (21st November 2017),the sniper (20th November 2017)