Page 207 of 263 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217257 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 2630
    Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    I've read through it. Apologies but I'm not going to copy and paste paywall content on here outright.

Needless to say though there isn't any new info on there. It's Evans basically making the same plea we forumers have been doing all year. He doesn't feel confident any support will be forthcoming from Ford.

I still don't really know why so many insist on slating the journalist for doing his job and writing about rallying. Let's be real there aren't exactly queues of trained journalists wanting to cover the WRC. In the wider context of sport, no one gives a sh*t. It needs all the help it can get.

What percentage of WRC news or links posted here are from British sites/sources? A vast percentage. Maybe you should be saying thank you. And alternatively, if other people are doing a better job, please point them out. I don't mind if it's in another language I can use Google Translate.
    I actually read motorsport and autosport columns regularly. Is it usually biased? I think the answer is yes if you ask most. Does that mean it's bad? Not at all.. we will take what we can get when it comes to info covering the WRC. They're doing their job and a usually a good job at that... I'm sure the French or Finnish press is biased towards their teams/drivers too.. it should be that way if that is their main market.

2. Likes: EstWRC (31st August 2017)
    Liked 12,206 Times in 5,240 Posts
    my apologies if i offended somebody but you have to admit that sometimes those Evans articles dont include anything new like for example that article about Paddon yesterday and that completely BS article about Evans going to Toyota or Hyundai a month ago.

But still, i awlays like to read them. Better than nothing.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

4. Likes: AnttiL (31st August 2017),pantealex (1st September 2017),racerx1979 (31st August 2017)
    Liked 16,088 Times in 6,981 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    my apologies if i offended somebody but you have to admit that sometimes those Evans articles dont include anything new like for example that article about Paddon yesterday and that completely BS article about Evans going to Toyota or Hyundai a month ago.

But still, i awlays like to read them. Better than nothing.
    I don't agree,there is no need to loose time to read something which is no news.

6. Likes: A FONDO (1st September 2017)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    I don't agree,there is no need to loose time to read something which is no news.
    Isn't that what the "loose time" is for?!?
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    I didn't want to offend anyone either and I want to say I have nothing against british journalists and never wrote anything against them. But let me say that when there is a moment of lack of news it should be a journalist task to find them. I think this is a critic we can do in a forum.

I'm not gonna say thank you to someone who get paid for doing his job in a way I don't like. I rather say thank you to all the bloggers, forumers, twitter accounts who are able to give more insights than him with way less means.

9. Likes: pantealex (1st September 2017),Rally Power (1st September 2017),Simmi (31st August 2017),sonnybobiche (31st August 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    bloggers, forumers, twitter accounts who are able to give more insights than him with way less means.
    Yeah, but not all read all blogs, forum posts & twitter messages. Some people from "old school" are still reading magazines & newspapers.

EDIT: I haven't subscription to motrsportnews+ myself so I can't tell for sure, but this must also provide some analysis over some topic worthing the money to read. The base free site is only full of quotes basically, which aren't any news indeed for someone who follows the sport closely.
    Last edited by stefanvv; 31st August 2017 at 19:39.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    I still don't really know why so many insist on slating the journalist for doing his job and writing about rallying. Let's be real there aren't exactly queues of trained journalists wanting to cover the WRC. In the wider context of sport, no one gives a sh*t. It needs all the help it can get.
    Good point! If he didn't put those stories up on Autosport; there would be absolutely nothing about the WRC at all for weeks during the summer break. The WRC thread on the Autosport forum quite often drops of the first page because not enough people are interested. The WRC is a hard sell here in the UK; not helped because the sport is mainly invisible.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

12. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (2nd September 2017)
    Liked 290 Times in 113 Posts
    Ford is like a girl being courted, and you all know girls don't like to be pressured. They have to want to join the championship as a full manufacturer, not be berated into doing so. That's why Malcolm Wilson rightly winces when anyone complains that Ford needs to join. Openly calling them "parasitic" on an autosport article is really unhelpful.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnybobiche View Post
    That's why Malcolm Wilson rightly winces when anyone complains that Ford needs to join.
    I haven't read the article, can You elaborate this sentence?

Liked 290 Times in 113 Posts
    "In fact, in the words of one of my colleagues on the last WRC round in Germany, Ford is worse than a charlatan. He described it as a parasite, feeding off M-Sport's success.

"It's utterly ironic that Ford's staunchest support still comes from the man who suffers the most from Dearborn's intransigence. Don't believe me? Watch the post-event press conference at Rally Germany and you'll see [Wilson] wince as Ogier delivers another invitation to Ford to come to the party."