Page 188 of 263 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 2630
    Liked 37 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    That's almost a one year old article. Situation has gladly improved. If they managed to get back WRC alongside F1 (the last is almost certain), that's a huge achievement for Turkey. Still, it's a shame not to have NZ back.
    Saying things have improved is optimistic. I agree that the chance for immediate danger right now is lower, but overall they are heading the wrong way - this was especially highlighted by their referendum this spring.

2. Likes: JUF (7th August 2017)
    Liked 9,340 Times in 4,960 Posts
    More European (gravel) rallies ? How exciting. NOT.

This is the WRC... we already have an ERC & TER.

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by macebig View Post
    $$$. That's all FIA sees. You pay, you can have a race/rally. You don't, well tough luck...
    Isn't it the promoter who puts forward the calendar. And the FIA just ratify it?

I said it a few months ago, the Croatia inclusion stinks: http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/april...4--12-12-.html
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 668 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post

But ERC and TER have almost no value at all so why should WRC guys care about them at all?
    Lets think a bit.
    Of course North American event would be nice but I don't think its going to happen until they start to have their own R2's and R5'sc cars etc.
    I would also love to see NZ back but we don't know whats actually going on there and why it's currently looking that we're not going to see them yet atleast next year.
    Asian or African event would be something that most manufacturers probably would like to have but we all remember how China worked out. Also I havent heard about safari for a while so I guess it's not coming back either atleast in a near future.
    Then if Poland now has to be skipped we have room for 1 more European gravel rally so why not do it in Turkey if it's safe enough.

What else do we have available? "the new event" needs to be good enough rally to be in WRC, it needs to be safe, it has to have some value to the manufacturers and it also have to have strong-ish local scene or atleast good compination of those to work and I don't see any of those happening anywhere else.

6. Likes: WRC1 (7th August 2017)
    Liked 87 Times in 40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post

No crew on ERC cares gravel events check the entry list

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone araclyla gönderildi

Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    The whole NZ thing seems very bizarre to me. It seems like the only event which is prepared to be in the 2018 schedule. They're holding a candidate event a week after rally Aus.

From the http://www.rallynz.org.nz/ website:

With the prospect of being back in the calendar, the team @ RallyNZ are working hard to be hosting the worlds biggest motorsport event here in Tauranga, New Zealand, in 2018.

Liked 668 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post
    The whole NZ thing seems very bizarre to me. It seems like the only event which is prepared to be in the 2018 schedule. They're holding a candidate event a week after rally Aus.

From the http://www.rallynz.org.nz/ website:

With the prospect of being back in the calendar, the team @ RallyNZ are working hard to be hosting the worlds biggest motorsport event here in Tauranga, New Zealand, in 2018.
    There must be something going on background. NZ would be perfect canditate to have next years free spot.

Liked 839 Times in 406 Posts
    I used to love rally Turkey. Really, after Bulgaria and Jordan, it probably can't get worse than that.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

11. Likes: aykutbilir (7th August 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by aykutbilir View Post
    No crew on ERC cares gravel events check the entry list
    They dont like them either !
    #M-SPORTER

13. Likes: aykutbilir (7th August 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by Essaj View Post
    But ERC and TER have almost no value at all so why should WRC guys care about them at all?
    No, I'm speaking as a fan, a spectator. There are enough European gravel rallies.

This WRC situation is a chance for more variety... in conditions and countries. It is meant to be a World Championship after all...
    #M-SPORTER