Page 157 of 263 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207257 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 2630
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EightGear View Post
    We're counting on you Simmi. Dont let us down.
    Will post it ASAP in the morning unless someone else does first. Although I guess if it's that bad then it may break before then.

While we're all taking guesses. I'll go for WRC promoter pulling out. But it could literally be anything. Might not even be WRC related.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    My guess is not directly WRC related. Something like "race car emission limits".

Liked 5,552 Times in 2,296 Posts
    Mull Rally

2017 Beatson’s Mull Rally — Statement
    It is a matter of considerable regret for the organisers and the Motor Sport Association, the sport’s governing body, that the Beatson’s Building Supplies Mull Rally cannot run as a closed road event in 2017 due to insurmountable insurance issues.

MSA Chief Executive Rob Jones explained the current situation:

“The Mull Rally runs under a private Act of Parliament. It has emerged that the private closed road legislation raises very significant insurance challenges for Mull this year, which was first thought to render the Mull Rally uninsurable.

“The MSA has been endeavouring to find a solution with its brokers. Whilst the brokers have offered a potential solution for 2017, this is unfortunately totally impractical as each and every claim under the policy would be subject to a very significant excess payable by the organisers, and one which the organisers cannot afford.”

Consequently the Mull Rally is unable to run as a closed road event this year. It will be the first time the world renowned three-day rally, which last year attracted a record-equalling 150 crews and generates around £1 million for the local economy, will not have run on closed public roads since the event was granted its Act of Parliament in 1990.

“This development has come as a massive shock,” Andy Jardine, Mull Rally Clerk of the Course, said on receiving the news, “as we were well on with a lot of the early work of setting the route and preparing the paperwork.

“As I understand it, the MSA has been working behind the scenes to try and agree a work-around but have been unable to come up with an acceptable solution. Our attention is now focussed on what can be done in the short timescale to make sure something happens over the weekend.”

Donald Brown, chairman of the Guardians of Mull Rally, admitted the cancellation of the 2017 Mull Rally will have a negative financial impact on the island.

“There’s no denying this is a huge blow to the Island and its businesses who work hard to welcome the competitors, volunteers and spectators each year to the island in October,” Brown said.

“The organising team is endeavouring to put on an alternative motorsport event for the same weekend on Mull. Naturally those plans are at a very early stage of development, but it’s hoped the new event will be attractive to Mull residents, competitors, volunteers and spectators alike.

“Initial feasibility checks have been started to see what can be done to mitigate the impact and hope we can rely on our regular visitors continuing to support us.”

The MSA and Mull Rally organisers fully acknowledge the Mull Rally's economic benefit of around £1 million to the Isle of Mull.

It is hoped that following the conclusion of the Fatal Accident Inquiry into the Jim Clark and Snowman rallies in July and August this year, that the Scottish Government will quickly adopt the new legislation recently passed in Westminster which will allow the Mull Rally to make a return in its closed road format in 2018.

4. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (7th June 2017)
    Liked 216 Times in 105 Posts
    Do organisers not pass the excess on to competitors for insurance in the UK? For example in NZ we have event insurance, but the competitor is liable for the excess, which is normally about $3500, so still worthwhile if you hit a power pole or a house, otherwise not too many claims.

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Yeah so the Mull insurance issue is the front page story and the bad news. As you were...
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

7. Likes: pantealex (7th June 2017),TWRC (7th June 2017)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Yeah so the Mull insurance issue is the front page story and the bad news. As you were...
    And that's supposed to touch every rally fan? I didn't even know about such event.

9. Likes: AL14 (7th June 2017),EightGear (7th June 2017),EstWRC (7th June 2017),Mirek (7th June 2017),pantealex (7th June 2017),PLuto (7th June 2017),WRC1 (7th June 2017)
    Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    And that's supposed to touch every rally fan? I didn't even know about such event.
    Not WRC admittedly but the Tour of Mull has a massive place in the UK rally calendar. It is steeped in rally history from its early roots as a road rally then evolved into possibly the most popular and certainly one of the most challenging closed roads events in the UK. It really is like no other event over here and since the loss of the Jim Clark Rally (hopefully still temporary), it was for many the only opportunity to drive on a closed roads event.

For those involved in the event, this will be a very bitter pill to swallow.

Sorry if this is off topic but I thought it worthwhile explaining why a UK motorsport publication was making a big deal of it.

11. Likes: Archie Gillaine (7th June 2017),Fast Eddie WRC (7th June 2017),RAS007 (8th June 2017)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I´m pretty sure that it has never been WRC event and this is "WRC News & Rumours"
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

13. Likes: WRC1 (7th June 2017)
    Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts
    There is relevance...
    Until 18 months ago it was the same clerk of the course as Rally GB in Iain Campbell, there is also the wider issue of linking stages on Rally GB with small Asphalt sections. This will all fall under the new legislation longer term, so whilst it may not jump off the page as relevant, there actually is a lot buried away that is indeed relevant...hope that helps explain cheers

15. Likes: Archie Gillaine (7th June 2017)
    Liked 12,206 Times in 5,240 Posts
    lmao!!!
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -