Page 152 of 263 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 2630
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    Capito is not working for VW anymore, how could he give clues for their 2018 plans ?

So, no his statement is not hint for 2018 comeback.
    and Capito is back in VW.
    Head of "R" division and WRC is POLO R, so he may have something to do with it.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    That´s interesting, really. Maybe VW considering second thoughts ...
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    R division is commercial one. It has little to do with motorsport.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    But I read the article as he was back, but in the ommercial side. And not motorsport?
    Did I misunderstand? My german is rusry!!

Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts
    Since yesterday Capito heads Volkswagens subsidiaries "R GmbH" and "Zubehör GmbH". The first being responsible for the sporty versions of the VW roadcars (like M in BMW or AMG in Mercedes), the latter for all aftermarket business.

Doesn't sound too exciting for the moment. But maybe he will expand R GmbH in the future (I'm thinking about cars like a V8 Amarok similar to the Raptor Capito brought to Ford). There are even rumours that Motorsport will be part of R GmbH in the future.

Liked 9,310 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    R division is commercial one. It has little to do with motorsport.
    Strange position to for him if it is just commercial. His whole background is motorsport:

Capito is an engineering graduate and first worked for the Volkswagen Group in the Porsche racing department from 1989. After managing the Sauber Formula 1 racing team from 1996, Capito joined Ford in 2001. With Ford, he was responsible for motorsport activities and performance vehicles. In 2012 Capito was appointed Director of Motorsport of the Volkswagen brand and led the Volkswagen team to first place in the FIA World Rally Championship in 2013, 2014 and 2015, before becoming CEO of McLaren Racing in 2016.
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 37 Times in 24 Posts
    Strange position? He has to make a living!
    Have a great day, Rob

Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oppositelock View Post
    Since yesterday Capito heads Volkswagens subsidiaries "R GmbH" and "Zubehör GmbH". The first being responsible for the sporty versions of the VW roadcars (like M in BMW or AMG in Mercedes), the latter for all aftermarket business.

Doesn't sound too exciting for the moment. But maybe he will expand R GmbH in the future (I'm thinking about cars like a V8 Amarok similar to the Raptor Capito brought to Ford). There are even rumours that Motorsport will be part of R GmbH in the future.
    Capito's new position sounds like a continuation from his role at Ford. The Mk2 Focus RS was mentioned in articles at the time as doing a good job staying within budget compared to the original Focus RS, and Capito was in charge of getting the Mk2 together.

9. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (2nd June 2017)
    Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregor-y View Post
    Capito's new position sounds like a continuation from his role at Ford. The Mk2 Focus RS was mentioned in articles at the time as doing a good job staying within budget compared to the original Focus RS, and Capito was in charge of getting the Mk2 together.
    I'm sorry if I go completely off topic here but when the Mk2 Focus RS was released I was rather upset they strapped a 305 PS engine to a FWD-drivetrain - for the sake of cost. While the whole revo-knuckle affair was working rather okay you couldn't get too mad but still I guess people happily would have paid the extra dough on AWD.

I don't blame Capito on it but I hate this whole save-money-no-matter-at-what-cost-mentality.

Look how much love the Mk3 RS receives. It's all in those four powered wheels

[/rant]
    Last edited by Watson; 2nd June 2017 at 17:18.

Liked 9,310 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Watson View Post
    I'm sorry if I go completely off topic here but when the Mk2 Focus RS was released I was rather upset they strapped a 305 PS engine to a FWD-drivetrain - for the sake of cost. While the whole revo-knuckle affair was working rather okay you couldn't get too mad but still I guess people happily would have paid the extra dough on AWD.

I don't blame Capito on it but I hate this whole save-money-no-matter-at-what-cost-mentality.

Look how much love the Mk3 RS receives. It's all in those four powered wheels

[/rant]
    I know what you're saying, but the Mk2 RS also had unique body panels as well as the suspension etc. Although made on the standard production-line this still cost money and a saving had to be made elsewhere... hence the FWD. Plus they didnt have a suitable platform for 4WD either.

Now people may love the Mk3 RS for its 4WD, but the saving has this time been made via its looks, ie. it's just a basic 5-door Focus with no wide-arches or vents.

This was disappointment to me as an RS should look like an RS.

[sorry for the OT]
    Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 2nd June 2017 at 17:33.
    #M-SPORTER