Page 131 of 263 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 2630
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldF View Post
    1986 1000 lakes had a stage that was repeated even three times (Ehikki) http://juwra.com/finland_1986_itinerary.html
    Actually they were all a bit different versions using partially same road but having different sections and turning to different directions from some junctions

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderem View Post
    Maybe organizer could run the stage in 1 direction in the morning and the reverse direction in the afternoon? Theoretically 2 different stages, but only 1 road to secure and provide TV arrangement... Same for the spectator...
    You will have 1 dead per rally if you do that. At least.

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    No, You won't. Such arrangement while not ideal is used quite often in national events and even in some international ones. I'm pretty sure some IRC/ERC events had the same stages in different direction one day and another day. Here in CZ parts of some stages are used in different direction in Rally Hustopeče for example (again in different leg). Even Barum sometimes uses same road for shakedown and than in opposite direction as part of one stage (not in last two years but before it was sometimes like that).

On the other hand I agree that if such scenario is run in just couple of hours it would be pretty difficult to make new taping, move all spectators, beertents etc. to new safe areas (I don't think that You can create a universal setup for both directions) and to clean some dirt from cutting in opposite direction.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

4. Likes: sonnybobiche (4th June 2017)
    Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Actually they were all a bit different versions using partially same road but having different sections and turning to different directions from some junctions
    You are right. Every run of Ehikki had a bit different length. Stage 3, 29 and 46.

“Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

6. Likes: AnttiL (6th May 2017),pantealex (7th May 2017),sindroms (8th May 2017)
    Liked 311 Times in 168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    No, You won't. Such arrangement while not ideal is used quite often in national events and even in some international ones. I'm pretty sure some IRC/ERC events had the same stages in different direction one day and another day. Here in CZ parts of some stages are used in different direction in Rally Hustopeče for example (again in different leg). Even Barum sometimes uses same road for shakedown and than in opposite direction as part of one stage (not in last two years but before it was sometimes like that).

On the other hand I agree that if such scenario is run in just couple of hours it would be pretty difficult to make new taping, move all spectators, beertents etc. to new safe areas (I don't think that You can create a universal setup for both directions) and to clean some dirt from cutting in opposite direction.
    It will also double the time spent on the recce.

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Boyd View Post
    It will also double the time spent on the recce.
    No it won´t, they have to go back to SS anyway...
    and even if it does, it´s not a bad think. Rally should be more driving, less PR stuff.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

9. Likes: sonnybobiche (4th June 2017)
    Liked 12,165 Times in 5,217 Posts
    1/3 BREAKING NEWS: @jkcodriver will miss @rallydeportugal on doctor’s orders after aggravating an existing hip condition in Argentina. #WRC

2/3 @sebmarshall will step in to replace @jkcodriver as @haydenpadon’s co-driver at #RallyPortugal. #WRC

3/3 We send our best wishes to @jkcodriver, who will still be in Portugal supporting the team! #WRC #HyundaiWRC

https://twitter.com/hmsgofficial/sta...06542339862528
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

11. Likes: abxyz (8th May 2017),dimviii (8th May 2017)
    Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    Looks like WRC Poland and Finland is now confirmed for Teemu Suninen (no Sardinia). He says it’s going be difficult due to lack of test days.

Original
    http://www.urheiluuutiset.com/sunise...aran-peitossa/

Google translated
    https://translate.google.com/transla...a%2F&edit-text=
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

13. Likes: EstWRC (8th May 2017)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldF View Post
    Looks like WRC Poland and Finland is now confirmed for Teemu Suninen (no Sardinia). He says it’s going be difficult due to lack of test days.

Original
    http://www.urheiluuutiset.com/sunise...aran-peitossa/

Google translated
    https://translate.google.com/transla...a%2F&edit-text=
    Just adding that those two WRC starts were confirmed for him from the beginning of the season, it was just unsure whether he would drive also Sardinia or not, and now it turns out he's not.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Nasser Al Attiyah made the competition debut of the Fiesta R5 Evo 2 and was fastest on every stage at the MERC Jordan Rally, winning by over 16 minutes, some four seconds a kilometre ahead of the Mitsubishi opposition.* *

“I tried to go flat out on one stage to see if I could beat the time I set in the stage last year in the Skoda, but I had the same time to the second,” he reported

http://www.rallysportmag.com.au/home...lly-news-may-8