Page 105 of 263 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 2630
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    You can also think of it like this...

Here is a slightly fat and very stressed team manager of a global Motorsport team who does one round of the Belgian championship for fun every year (and usually stuff it into a tree).

Did he
    A) take blood pressure lowering pills to perform like a rally super human in order to steal the Belgian championship crown by winning one round

Or
    B) take pills to lower his blood pressure from his weight and very particular stress inducing job and did the event to forget for a while that he has 100 000+ pairs of eyes judging his performance every day.

In my opinion the sensible thing to do would be to give him a friendly reminder that those pills are not allowed in the championship... but the actual measure was very very harsh in my opinion.
    That all sounds like "remove the turbo restrictor when the car have problems running on all cylinders". Tanak would be happy in Monte. I don't see anything harsh in suspended ban, be it whoever fail, obviously there is some as the rules allow otherwise, but it didn't happened.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    That all sounds like "remove the turbo restrictor when the car have problems running on all cylinders". Tanak would be happy in Monte. I don't see anything harsh in suspended ban, be it whoever fail, obviously there is some as the rules allow otherwise, but it didn't happened.
    Huh? You're making no sense. How would that be the same as removing the restrictor on a sick engine?

Huh? You're making no sense. How would that be the same as removing the restrictor on a sick engine?
    Rally entity = 1 entity driver (and co-driver) + 1 entity car. This could be:
    1) 1 healthy entity driver + 1 healthy entity car - good
    2) 1 healthy entity driver + 1 sick entity car - so and so
    3) 1 sick entity driver + 1 healthy entity car - so and so
    4) 1 sick entity driver + 1 sick entity car - bad.

From this math You see 2 and 3 are equal. Simple mathematics.

Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    Rally entity = 1 entity driver (and co-driver) + 1 entity car. This could be:
    1) 1 healthy entity driver + 1 healthy entity car - good
    2) 1 healthy entity driver + 1 sick entity car - so and so
    3) 1 sick entity driver + 1 healthy entity car - so and so
    4) 1 sick entity driver + 1 sick entity car - bad.

From this math You see 2 and 3 are equal. Simple mathematics.
    Still don't get it how this apply to Mattons situation.

Well to be fair we are filling up the news thread of the WRC section about non WRC things so I suggest we get back on topic and discuss actual things like Lappi etc.

Liked 40 Times in 18 Posts
    Re Matton
    There was a rule, and he inadvertently broke it.
    He was punished according to the rule.
    He accepts that it was his mistake, and the punishment is fair.
    Move along

6. Likes: BleAivano (28th March 2017),Mk2 RS2000 (27th March 2017),steve.mandzij (27th March 2017)
    Well to be fair we are filling up the news thread of the WRC section about non WRC things so I suggest we get back on topic and discuss actual things like Lappi etc.
    Completely agree.

8. Likes: steve.mandzij (27th March 2017)
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    My interview to Hayden Paddon.
    It is my first to a WRC driver, and I'm not a journalist so maybe it could have been better but it has been nice do it.

https://www.rally.it/2017/03/paddon-...ti-arriveranno

(english version at the end)

10. Likes: Adler (28th March 2017),bowler (28th March 2017),EstWRC (1st April 2017),Grundo Farb (3rd April 2017),Lundefaret (28th March 2017),Mk2 RS2000 (29th March 2017),Munkvy (28th March 2017),Rally Hokkaido (28th March 2017),Rally Power (28th March 2017),salamaja (28th March 2017),sonnybobiche (28th March 2017),steve.mandzij (28th March 2017),the sniper (30th March 2017)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    from google translate,not so good but still...

Toyota's WRC team test this week in the French island of Corsica for the next, just being worked on Corsica WRC rally. In the first Yaris WRC needle jumped Esapekka Lapland.
    Lappi drove on Sunday and Monday. Today is a turn behind the wheel Tuesday Championship runner-up and won rounds of Sweden Jari-Matti Latvala. The test sessions, decide Juho Hänninen Thursday.
    Lappi drove a Toyota for the first time on tarmac.
    - I'm good it felt. A surprisingly easy compared to what I expected. At first the car felt very good setup. Iskarimiehet have done a great job and a good job has been done throughout the team. Auto Some great play, Lappi says UrheiluUutiset.comille.
    - I do not know, then Did I drive really hard or I understood how that kind of cars should be driving on. In my opinion I drove as hard as I dared. Of course I had to look out for that drive to shit, then the other would be missed tests running out. It was not a bush, not all tires disintegrated. One of the rim I did get broken, says Lappi.
    Lapland's WRC debut approaching, but Toyota has not been confirmed in Rally-World Champion WRC2 Yari run for the first time.
    - are now taking place in Finland, then we go to Corsica nuotittamaan and then seems to be the Argentine tests. There is reserved for me vissiin one day test. That test is run in Sardinia, Lappi says.
    Next Rally of Corsica rally, driving the second weekend of April.

http://www.urheiluuutiset.com/esapek...yota-on-tehty/

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

13. Likes: A FONDO (28th March 2017),Mirek (28th March 2017),pantealex (28th March 2017)
    Liked 290 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa View Post
    I see you have never tried to deal with SCCA, Rally America, ARA, or for that matter the United States State Department's minions in the consular corps...

you from New Jersey?
    I am! How'd you know?

PS the loathing I have for the State Department is actually impossible to put into words. It can only be expressed through interpretive dance involving a melon and a hammer.

PPS Quite right, never tried to deal with rally organizations in the states. Surely they wouldn't DQ you for taking your prescribed blood pressure pills though. Or would they?