Page 101 of 128 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1273
  1. #1001
    Senior Member GravelBen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    257
    Like
    206
    Liked 274 Times in 104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderem View Post
    i am still not sure about the reason why they are splitting up? Anybody knows? Thanks.
    JK is 58 and not getting any younger, it had to happen at some stage and this timing gives a settling in period with Seb before the 2018 season.

  2. #1002
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,724
    Like
    625
    Liked 1,263 Times in 428 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderem View Post
    i am still not sure about the reason why they are splitting up? Anybody knows? Thanks.
    I'm not sure, but I can guess it's mostly because of his age. John Kennard is 58 years old now, being a codriver on top level is very demanding.

  3. #1003
    Senior Member Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    6,593
    Like
    1,376
    Liked 2,572 Times in 1,414 Posts
    2016 WRC Polo to run in the Austrian Rally Championship ?

    Rallye-Mag (translate)
    'Raimund Baumschlager will start with his Skoda Fabia R5 as usual, but it will not be. The preparations for a spectacular vehicle change have long been taking place behind the scenes. Baumschlager wants to compete with a VW Polo WRC at selected ÍRM-runs and be the first private driver to move to the world champion car.'
    The Incurable Enthusiast

  4. #1004
    Visionary
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Buonconvento
    Posts
    2,055
    Like
    16
    Liked 75 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderem View Post
    i am still not sure about the reason why they are splitting up? Anybody knows? Thanks.
    Not a "splitting up". John is simply standing down from co-driving duties but staying with the team.
    Both have made no secret that John would step aside when the time was right and, as much as we all like to see JK in the car, it's been expected for some time.
    With Hayden always having been focussed on 2018 for a tilt at the title, they've obviously decided now is time to make the change to bring the new guy up to speed.
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.

  5. Likes: leighton323 (18th March 2017),pantealex (18th March 2017),smokingjoe (18th March 2017),TWRC (18th March 2017)
  6. #1005
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    France
    Posts
    36
    Like
    25
    Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    2016 WRC Polo to run in the Austrian Rally Championship ?

    Rallye-Mag (translate)
    'Raimund Baumschlager will start with his Skoda Fabia R5 as usual, but it will not be. The preparations for a spectacular vehicle change have long been taking place behind the scenes. Baumschlager wants to compete with a VW Polo WRC at selected ÍRM-runs and be the first private driver to move to the world champion car.'
    Yes : http://www.lemagsportauto.com/raimun...o-r-wrc/22077/

  7. #1006
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    15,855
    Like
    4,233
    Liked 5,861 Times in 2,770 Posts
    its not about rally,but suppose interested some of us

    Gabriele Tarquini joins Hyundai Motorsport as TCR project test driver
    https://motorsport.hyundai.com/gabri...t-test-driver/

  8. Likes: sonnybobiche (20th March 2017)
  9. #1007
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    19
    Like
    86
    Liked 32 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    its not about rally,but suppose interested some of us

    Gabriele Tarquini joins Hyundai Motorsport as TCR project test driver
    https://motorsport.hyundai.com/gabri...t-test-driver/
    Gabriele is a driver's driver, isn't he? He's been at it since the 80s and doesn't look to have any interest in slowing down. Contrast with someone like Nico Rosberg, who wins the title once and promptly retires.

    It's sort of like Jools Holland vs Don McLean.

  10. #1008
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    15,855
    Like
    4,233
    Liked 5,861 Times in 2,770 Posts
    about Toyota brake and engine problems at Mexico

    http://www.autosport.com/news/report...-mexico-issues

  11. #1009
    Senior Member A FONDO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,004
    Like
    2,056
    Liked 288 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    about Toyota brake and engine problems at Mexico

    http://www.autosport.com/news/report...-mexico-issues
    yeah

    "The other thing is the brakes - we don't have enough.

    "The pads were running too hot, there's not enough cooling on the car.

    "If you look at the other [cars], you can see more brake cooling [vents]. This is [a lack of] experience from us."

  12. #1010
    Senior Member rayh_mx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    224
    Like
    38
    Liked 50 Times in 29 Posts
    Incredible, we are not part of the organization of a WRC team and we know that where more brakes are consumed is in Mexico


    How could Toyota and the Brake Provider have not figured it out?
    Jesus Christ, Kris!!! (Not again)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •