Page 172 of 263 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 2630
    Liked 12,162 Times in 5,216 Posts
    Ogier having fun with Formula1 and Tänak having fun in rallycross

Ott Tänak‏ @OttTanak 18m18 minutes ago
    More
    I had some good fun with this guy @AndreasBakkerud You have a great Team around! #flatout

#8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

2. Likes: steve.mandzij (21st June 2017)
    Liked 424 Times in 223 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Pericak was the guy that gave green light to Ford presence at the WRX, instead of returning to WRC. Ford Performance announcement on their WRX entry makes any proper rally fan sick, as they deliberately confused Ford WRC heritage with WRX, a racing series that wrongly still use the name of our sport. https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...allycross.html

It’s true that Ford big spending days are long gone (they’ve made Wilson pockets heavier, allowing MSport to built their state of art facilities and to become the world’s best private rally tuner), but the current situation is absurd. To see Ford acting like a parasite, profiting from MSport efforts without giving them the support they need and deserve, should be an embarrassment to Ford officials.
    I don't think Ford higher ups are hostile against Wilson. They are still backing M Sport (there is no way Wilson would have been able to design, develop and homologate an unreleased vehicle without Ford's consent). Yes, their percentage of involvement could (and should) be higher. But they are still here. They could have very easily pulled a VW or even worse a BMW and screw a lot of people and themselves in the progress. I think maybe Wilson should make them understand that this is a lifetime chance. Citroen is a very bad state and the goal of 100 WRC victories could be marketing gold. Plus a proved champion and a very good young talent as drivers is Ford's purest chance to rack WCs that are sorely missing. Its a matter of investment versus return.

4. Likes: smokingjoe (23rd June 2017),steve.mandzij (21st June 2017)
    Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Pericak was the guy that gave green light to Ford presence at the WRX, instead of returning to WRC. Ford Performance announcement on their WRX entry makes any proper rally fan sick, as they deliberately confused Ford WRC heritage with WRX, a racing series that wrongly still use the name of our sport. https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...allycross.html

It’s true that Ford big spending days are long gone (they’ve made Wilson pockets heavier, allowing MSport to built their state of art facilities and to become the world’s best private rally tuner), but the current situation is absurd. To see Ford acting like a parasite, profiting from MSport efforts without giving them the support they need and deserve, should be an embarrassment to Ford officials.
    Exactly. Besides, the Fords RX engagement is really not going too well. It seems to me that they just do it to brag around that they have Ken Block - and he is very very average at best. I hope they get a grips of themselves and see that there is way more potential in the WRC.

6. Likes: steve.mandzij (21st June 2017)
    Liked 490 Times in 250 Posts
    aka Rodger Davies

8. Likes: AndyRAC (22nd June 2017),the sniper (23rd June 2017)
    Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge33cymru View Post
    Please elaborate.

Liked 1,244 Times in 676 Posts
    No comment is needed; I suspect you have been away in France the past weekend watching the Endurance event that eclipses all.....and then this 'news'. Proper endurance isn't wanted in modern day WRC.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

11. Likes: Simmi (23rd June 2017),sonnybobiche (28th June 2017)
    Liked 1,529 Times in 657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Watson View Post
    Please elaborate.
    If you'll pardon my language, I'd elaborate by saying it's a f***ing embarrassment... What an inconvenience it is to go rallying! It'd be easier not to bother at all...

So that'll be down to 299.13km of SS, unless they fiddle some of the other stages for the final itinerary. If it is 299km, it'll be the shortest planned* Rally GB ever. Going by Jonkka's site, it'll be the third* shortest WRC rally ever: http://www.juwra.com/stats_event_stage_mileage.html

*Rally GB 2008 was shortened pre-event due to Snow and Ice, but was originally supposed to be 66.64km longer.
    Last edited by the sniper; 23rd June 2017 at 02:01.

13. Likes: AndyRAC (23rd June 2017),sonnybobiche (28th June 2017)
    Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Rally GB needs a re-jig. I'd give Scotland 5yrs hosting the wrc round, Ireland the next 5yrs and England the 5yrs after that. Keep things fresh and utilise the stages we have here that are lying dormant. Wales has had its time and after the rally has been rotated around the rest of the "UK", it'll feel less stale when the rally would perhaps return to the north or south or south of Wales.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Liked 28 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Rally GB needs a re-jig. I'd give Scotland 5yrs hosting the wrc round, Ireland the next 5yrs and England the 5yrs after that. Keep things fresh and utilise the stages we have here that are lying dormant. Wales has had its time and after the rally has been rotated around the rest of the "UK", it'll feel less stale when the rally would perhaps return to the north or south or south of Wales.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    The problem the rest of the UK has is that no other area will commit to funding the event. The Welsh Assembly Government have an agreement in place until at least 2018. There were talks of it going to Yorkshire a few years ago but nothing ever materialised. In my opinion, it could be shaken up by coming further south than Myherin and Sweet Lamb and taking in the classic stages such as Crychan and Halfway again or use the likes of Resolven but if the teams don't want longer days then there is no chance of the above happening without either a remote overnight halt or a move of the service area.
    The current set up in North Wales has been good but this instance of teams putting pressure on organisers to reduce mileage to allow more rest time kind of takes the edge off of rallying doesn't it. It just goes to show how much power they have over the organisers.

16. Likes: er88 (23rd June 2017)
    Liked 1,244 Times in 676 Posts
    The event needs a rethink - but is unlikely to get one whilst the MSA/IMS keep going to the highest bidder, i;e the Welsh money. The event hasn't visited 'killer' Kielder since 1995, Yorkshire since 1993.....ignoring other regions of the UK is pretty poor.
    The Tour of Britain cycle race is a good example of how to do it; visit different regions/ areas over several years so lots of people get a chance to see the event. And unsurprisingly which sport/ event has a greater pull and mainstream media coverage....

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

18. Likes: Lundefaret (24th June 2017),the sniper (26th June 2017)