Page 207 of 227 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 2269
    Liked 111 Times in 65 Posts
    Let's all knock an article based not upon not reading it, but because a British person wrote it. Classy moves, forum. The irony is that a slow news period also means rubbish is posted on here.

Onwards.

Liked 1,408 Times in 641 Posts
    I've read through it. Apologies but I'm not going to copy and paste paywall content on here outright.

Needless to say though there isn't any new info on there. It's Evans basically making the same plea we forumers have been doing all year. He doesn't feel confident any support will be forthcoming from Ford.

I still don't really know why so many insist on slating the journalist for doing his job and writing about rallying. Let's be real there aren't exactly queues of trained journalists wanting to cover the WRC. In the wider context of sport, no one gives a sh*t. It needs all the help it can get.

What percentage of WRC news or links posted here are from British sites/sources? A vast percentage. Maybe you should be saying thank you. And alternatively, if other people are doing a better job, please point them out. I don't mind if it's in another language I can use Google Translate.
    My rally photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94998505@N03/albums

3. Likes: abxyz (3rd September 2017),Andre Oliveira (31st August 2017),AndyRAC (31st August 2017),Fast Eddie WRC (2nd September 2017),Hartusvuori (31st August 2017),pantealex (1st September 2017),skarderud (31st August 2017),traxx (1st September 2017)
    Liked 528 Times in 227 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Can someone put this here ? https://www.autosport.com/wrc/featur...urn-to-the-wrc

Thanks !
    Don't be as cheap as Citroen Racing was not paying for the music on premiumbeat.com in their latest video.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 132 Times in 65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Anything that gives Ford another push has to be a good thing.
    This I do agree with. The WRC obviously needs the backing on Manufacturers.

Liked 132 Times in 65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    I've read through it. Apologies but I'm not going to copy and paste paywall content on here outright.

Needless to say though there isn't any new info on there. It's Evans basically making the same plea we forumers have been doing all year. He doesn't feel confident any support will be forthcoming from Ford.

I still don't really know why so many insist on slating the journalist for doing his job and writing about rallying. Let's be real there aren't exactly queues of trained journalists wanting to cover the WRC. In the wider context of sport, no one gives a sh*t. It needs all the help it can get.

What percentage of WRC news or links posted here are from British sites/sources? A vast percentage. Maybe you should be saying thank you. And alternatively, if other people are doing a better job, please point them out. I don't mind if it's in another language I can use Google Translate.
    I actually read motorsport and autosport columns regularly. Is it usually biased? I think the answer is yes if you ask most. Does that mean it's bad? Not at all.. we will take what we can get when it comes to info covering the WRC. They're doing their job and a usually a good job at that... I'm sure the French or Finnish press is biased towards their teams/drivers too.. it should be that way if that is their main market.

7. Likes: EstWRC (31st August 2017)
    Liked 2,416 Times in 1,103 Posts
    my apologies if i offended somebody but you have to admit that sometimes those Evans articles dont include anything new like for example that article about Paddon yesterday and that completely BS article about Evans going to Toyota or Hyundai a month ago.

But still, i awlays like to read them. Better than nothing.
    Tšnak: "Better than I expected. Lots of sideways - and we enjoy that."

9. Likes: AnttiL (31st August 2017),pantealex (1st September 2017),racerx1979 (31st August 2017)
    Liked 6,979 Times in 3,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    my apologies if i offended somebody but you have to admit that sometimes those Evans articles dont include anything new like for example that article about Paddon yesterday and that completely BS article about Evans going to Toyota or Hyundai a month ago.

But still, i awlays like to read them. Better than nothing.
    I don't agree,there is no need to loose time to read something which is no news.

11. Likes: A FONDO (1st September 2017)
    Liked 823 Times in 579 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    I don't agree,there is no need to loose time to read something which is no news.
    Isn't that what the "loose time" is for?!?
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 1,523 Times in 664 Posts
    I didn't want to offend anyone either and I want to say I have nothing against british journalists and never wrote anything against them. But let me say that when there is a moment of lack of news it should be a journalist task to find them. I think this is a critic we can do in a forum.

I'm not gonna say thank you to someone who get paid for doing his job in a way I don't like. I rather say thank you to all the bloggers, forumers, twitter accounts who are able to give more insights than him with way less means.

14. Likes: pantealex (1st September 2017),Rally Power (1st September 2017),Simmi (31st August 2017),sonnybobiche (31st August 2017)
    Liked 823 Times in 579 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    bloggers, forumers, twitter accounts who are able to give more insights than him with way less means.
    Yeah, but not all read all blogs, forum posts & twitter messages. Some people from "old school" are still reading magazines & newspapers.

EDIT: I haven't subscription to motrsportnews+ myself so I can't tell for sure, but this must also provide some analysis over some topic worthing the money to read. The base free site is only full of quotes basically, which aren't any news indeed for someone who follows the sport closely.
    Last edited by stefanvv; 31st August 2017 at 19:39.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI