Page 78 of 263 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    watch from 4,30. Loeb Norway before 8 years.....
    https://youtu.be/yyb0Fs08JY4?t=267

2. Likes: Micke_VOC (27th February 2017),Mirek (17th February 2017),skarderud (17th February 2017)
    Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    Not my interpretation. You wrote: "the higher the speed, the worst the impact will be." but that's not always the case, hence why your view is simplistic.

Two accidents I mentioned. One is flat out in 6th gear, taking what you wrote that means worse impact because it's higher speed. Except that it wasn't, driver and co-driver walked away. The other is much slower, still quick but probably 3rd or 4th gear. The drive was trapped and injured.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGvnvfWlwqc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMhSiKG6wfs

I'm not saying that speed doesn't have a bearing sometimes, just that there are a lot of factors and a high speed straight doesn't make a stage unsafe. A blanket ban on quick stages doesn't automatically make rallying safe, and a succession of stages over 130kph doesn't mean it's automatically dangerous either. THere is balance...but the FIA lacks that.
    Ok, fine. I should have added that I'm talking about the same kind of incident. Sorry about that.

Liked 797 Times in 379 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    watch from 4,30. Loeb Norway before 8 years.....
    https://youtu.be/yyb0Fs08JY4?t=267
    Cool, hasn't seen this one before, i was marshall at stageend on this one

Sent fra min XP7700 via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

5. Likes: dimviii (17th February 2017)
    Liked 9,340 Times in 4,960 Posts
    Colin Clark said in his post-Sweden vlog that the fast stage that was cancelled was a boring one anyway... long straight-turn-long straight-turn etc. He said we want roads with variety... and he's right.

So its the choice of roads that is the problem, not the cars. If Knon hadnt been newly-introduced then we wouldnt be having all this debate.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Are there any rumours of new manufacturers coming to WRC in near future 18/19 season for example ? Its rather boring right now with 4 manufacturers...

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mm77 View Post
    Are there any rumours of new manufacturers coming to WRC in near future 18/19 season for example ? Its rather boring right now with 4 manufacturers...
    nobody forces you to watch if you find something boring. No new manufacturers in the near future, sorry kid.

9. Likes: WRC1 (17th February 2017)
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mm77 View Post
    Nice trolling.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    nobody forces you to watch if you find something boring. No new manufacturers in the near future, sorry kid.
    Can I save that quote to use back at you?
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

12. Likes: itix (21st February 2017),janvanvurpa (18th February 2017),skarderud (17th February 2017)
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Colin Clark said in his post-Sweden vlog that the fast stage that was cancelled was a boring one anyway... long straight-turn-long straight-turn etc. He said we want roads with variety... and he's right.

So its the choice of roads that is the problem, not the cars. If Knon hadnt been newly-introduced then we wouldnt be having all this debate.
    The real question is why did the FIA approve this stage in the first place? Maybe it's time for FIA to hire some drivers/co-drivers with recent experience on top level...
    We drove Knon before the event, and I thought the average would be higher than it actually was.

Anyway it's ridiculous to ban stages over 130kph average, as some said here, it doesn't have anything to do with safety.

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jparker View Post
    That's funny, because FIA actually listened to current drivers complaining about excessive speed, but I guess you know better.
    I guess they should hire somebody from this forum that knows nothing about safety.
    Where did you find these complaints? Looks like I've missed them somehow... Anyway, on saturday night I talked to the driver of the FIA safety car. I asked why they approved it in the first place, didn't get an answer about that, apart from that he said they (FIA/Michèle Mouton) recommended to cancel it because of the high average speed, not because of some particular safety issues.