Page 31 of 263 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    WTCC..? Im talking about WRC. And in WRC Citroen haven't been successful for a long time. Really hoping this will be their year, but if not, I hope there will be some changes. Citroen should have at least one car in the top 3-4 in every rally.
    I know but it's relevant for the point you are making about Matton.

I think saying he should be replaced already if things don't improve after only 1 rally is a bit strange when he won everything with Citroen in their main motorsports programme for the last few years.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    It's difficult enough for talented young motorsport drivers in the UK to get sponsorship - and we have people like her who have done virtually nothing trying to raise ££££.
    "100 Women names 100 influential and inspirational women around the world every year."....and Louise Cook!

Seriously, she has some kind of psychological issue - the PR misrepresentation of her as 'the only woman to win a major rallying trophy' (Michelle Mouton she aint, and never will be); the continuing to 'Sunday drive' at the back of the fields she does turn up for and the apparent failure to understand that she is just not up to the standard for WRC course competing. The UK does not need a rallying 'Eddie the Eagle'
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

3. Likes: AndyRAC (23rd January 2017)
    Liked 430 Times in 227 Posts
    I think her old ST Trophy Fiesta is out of homologation.What car is she trying to race?

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Why Citroen should fire a man who has won so much with them, after one rally? At least let's see how the season go!

I think this forum lately is too much result oriented.
    If a driver has a good stage, he becomes the new Loeb, if another (or the same!!) makes a mistake it's a waste of space.

Please guys let's try to analyze facts in a more deep way (is "deep" the right word?), let's try to know and understand a little bit the context before coming to a conclusion.
    Me too I should do it more, I bashed against wrc.com website for their new interface but it was actually ok.
    We are not obliged to give conclusion every time. I'm sure we will all benefit from it.
    Last edited by AL14; 23rd January 2017 at 11:37.

6. Likes: A FONDO (23rd January 2017),GravelBen (23rd January 2017),Grundo Farb (24th January 2017),itix (25th January 2017)
    Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    I'm not against VW participating, quite the contrary but if I was a team manager, I would not see a point to let them in unless they commit the same way as the rest of the teams.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    OK, I understand and agree with that, but this should be one of the conditions for return. From what I heard, they are not considering VW return no matter what. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Liked 144 Times in 87 Posts
    [QUOTE=AL14;1123172]Why Citroen should fire a man who has won so much with them, after one rally? At least let's see how the season go!

If a driver has a good stage, he becomes the new Loeb, if another (or the same!!) makes a mistake it's a waste of space.

Like Evans on the Monte last weekend, or the D-macks. Friday they were rubbish, Saturday the revelation of the rally...

And what if Meeke wins in Sweden.

9. Likes: AL14 (23rd January 2017),cali (23rd January 2017),GravelBen (23rd January 2017),Maui J. (26th January 2017)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    First result after MC rally in 2016 vs 2017 wrc cars - 0.6 secs/km faster for 2017 cars.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    First result after MC rally in 2016 vs 2017 wrc cars - 0.6 secs/km faster for 2017 cars.
    How do you compare the times?

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    How do you compare the times?

Ogier & Breen results.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post

Please guys let's try to analyze facts in a more deep way (is "deep" the right word?), let's try to know and understand a little bit the context before coming to a conclusion.
    Me too I should do it more, I bashed against wrc.com website for their new interface but it was actually ok.
    We are not obliged to give conclusion every time. I'm sure we will all benefit from it.
    I think two things are in effect here lately:
    1. Lots of waiting + hype for the new cars + speculation based on testing + personal bias = many people having certain bias or expectations (perfectly normal) but are jumping on any sign that they are right and blowing it out of proportion.
    2. Since it's the start of the season and the highest profile rally in mainstream media we get a lot of new members or inactive members waking up and posting some superficial stuff due to excitement or lack of information.

The combination of these two things leads to a lot of "noise" in the forum. In a way it's good because it means people are excited and interested but the downside as you say, is that it drowns out the deeper analysis or conversations. It was most obvious in the Monte thread where almost at each stage drivers were going from hero to zero and back again.

14. Likes: AL14 (23rd January 2017),Fast Eddie WRC (23rd January 2017),Grundo Farb (24th January 2017)