Page 123 of 173 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1725
  1. #1221
    Senior Member Rally Power's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,376
    Like
    1,318
    Liked 956 Times in 465 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    So, Mahonen asked Finnish organizers to change this year rally route but they didn’t care, despite knowing that new cars would be quite faster. If we remember that French organizers were forced to run Corsica only 6 months after last year and Portugal was pressured a couple of years ago to move their rally to the north, it seems FIA is not being equally tolerant to all WRC organizers…
    Rally addict since 1982

  2. #1222
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    279
    Like
    91
    Liked 160 Times in 85 Posts

    [WRC] News & Rumours (part V) 2017

    The itinerary of Rally Finland 2017 may look the same as 2016 but apart from a few stages they're not the same at all even if the names are the same. Different roads and directions etc. Although I wonder why they dropped some slow stages and kept all the fastest ones.

  3. #1223
    Senior Member Rally Power's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,376
    Like
    1,318
    Liked 956 Times in 465 Posts
    So, they’ve made some changes but they didn’t comply with FIA demand to get a slower route; that’s even worse…
    Rally addict since 1982

  4. #1224
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    279
    Like
    91
    Liked 160 Times in 85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    So, they’ve made some changes but they didn’t comply with FIA demand to get a slower route; that’s even worse…
    http://yle.fi/urheilu/3-9525388?origin=rss

    This article (in Finnish) states that they made changes to make the average speeds slower. It says they had a version of the route in january, but changes were applied after Rally Sweden and the high average speeds. All the stages on Saturday are now run in the opposite direction to reduce the speed. They are also considering chicanes but I'm not sure if that applies anymore with Mahonen's later statements.

    However, the Power Stage is the same as last year, I think it will be very fast. But then again, there will be no further stages to cancel at that point. And Ouninpohja is always a problem by being super popular and dangerously fast.
    Last edited by AnttiL; 19th April 2017 at 13:40.

  5. Likes: Rally Power (19th April 2017)
  6. #1225
    Senior Member SubaruNorway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Biri, Norway
    Posts
    3,638
    Like
    5
    Liked 493 Times in 208 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    http://yle.fi/urheilu/3-9525388?origin=rss

    This article (in Finnish) states that they made changes to make the average speeds slower. It says they had a version of the route in january, but changes were applied after Rally Sweden and the high average speeds. All the stages on Saturday are now run in the opposite direction to reduce the speed. They are also considering chicanes but I'm not sure if that applies anymore with Mahonen's later statements.

    However, the Power Stage is the same as last year, I think it will be very fast. But then again, there will be no further stages to cancel at that point. And Ouninpohja is always a problem by being super popular and dangerously fast.
    That's funny, you never have as many accidents as when you run a stage in reverse, like we saw in Ouninpohja last year. Slower yes, but not safer...
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

  7. Likes: pantealex (20th April 2017),Rallyper (19th April 2017)
  8. #1226
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Espoo
    Posts
    66
    Like
    90
    Liked 44 Times in 25 Posts
    Marcus Grönholm said in finnish rally magazine (VM) that he will drive Toyota Yaris wrc in Rally Finland. He is not real competitor. He is doing only VIP. He said that he will drive only city stage Harju and maybe power stage in sunday. Also some negotiations about driving shakedown stage. Some lucky fan of Bosse can win "codriving" next to him.

  9. Likes: electroliquid (21st April 2017),pantealex (23rd April 2017),traxx (21st April 2017)
  10. #1227
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    112
    Like
    126
    Liked 48 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thousandlakes View Post
    Marcus Grönholm said in finnish rally magazine (VM) that he will drive Toyota Yaris wrc in Rally Finland. He is not real competitor. He is doing only VIP. He said that he will drive only city stage Harju and maybe power stage in sunday. Also some negotiations about driving shakedown stage. Some lucky fan of Bosse can win "codriving" next to him.
    Nice gesture from Toyota to promote rallying, it would be good to see similar actions more often from other teams.

  11. #1228
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,445
    Like
    326
    Liked 540 Times in 169 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    That's funny, you never have as many accidents as when you run a stage in reverse, like we saw in Ouninpohja last year. Slower yes, but not safer...
    Ouninpohja and Päijälä stages are returned to their more normal form for this year. Last year Ouni caught quite a few. The year before it was not that bad. I'm not sure how it'll lower the average speed though.
    Lue: rallirinki.net | Katso: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Seuraa: @HartusvuoriWRC

  12. #1229
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,367
    Like
    392
    Liked 204 Times in 146 Posts
    If in doubt, flat out!

  13. #1230
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    4,602
    Like
    328
    Liked 1,154 Times in 548 Posts
    Interesting discussion here. Just watching it now. Some good info from Mads on the realities of being a customer team, settings, information sharing etc.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ8e...ature=youtu.be
    My rally photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94998505@N03/albums

  14. Likes: Eli (22nd April 2017)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •