Page 85 of 263 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkvy View Post
    How much have Autosport taken this out of context/made more of it than there really is?
    This
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 56 Times in 34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thousandlakes View Post
    Grönholm said in newest finnish rally magazine (vauhdin maailma) that he is going to secret test. OK now we know that test is with Skoda. Just guessing is it somekind start of Skodas wrc project or just r5 test without any big secrets??
    Will it be the reuse of the engineering used in VW, without using that logo?
    Jesus Christ, Kris!!! (Not again)

Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rayh_mx View Post
    Will it be the reuse of the engineering used in VW, without using that logo?
    VW can use Skoda's R5 experience and Skoda VW's WRC experience, seems fair

Brno, Moravia, CZ (also near Vienna :-D )
    Liked 254 Times in 129 Posts
    Guys, to make it clear: There is 0,1% chance that this secret testing was Skoda comeback to WRC and 99,9% chance that it is secret testing of VW R5 which is simply copying of Skoda R5 knowhow.

Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    VW can use Skoda's R5 experience and Skoda VW's WRC experience, seems fair
    Hold your horses Ron. I don't see a Škoda WRC coming any time soon (if at all).
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

6. Likes: Andre Oliveira (22nd February 2017)
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Hold your horses Ron. I don't see a Škoda WRC coming any time soon (if at all).
    I know, but what I wrote would seem fair and sensible.

Skoda already issused a statement earlier in the year saying R5 works well for them, and fits well with their zero-risk 'everything must be sensible and make a profit' approach.

Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    Jesus Christ... there's only VW to blame, no-one else. Ofcourse he'd deserve to be in WRC, no doubt, but hey, it was his employer who pulled the plug in November! The teams are allowed to make their own decisions and at the end of the day it's them who decide who's got a seat. So all this childish talk that "I don't think I have anything to prove to anybody"... aargh, it's not what you think, or what your fans or anyone else think - it's the decision the teams make. And if you're sitting mid-February without a car, then yes, you do have something to prove. Simple as that. And for the millointh time, he wasn't left without a seat as it's often being drawn out - his team just quit. There's a huge difference there.

And this "It would show the sport in a really negative way if I had to do this."... how hypocrite is that? We've had guys like Camilli doing full season, Al-Qassimi drives a factory Citroen every now and then and suddenly, if Mikkelsen would have to pay for a drive it'd "show the sport in a really negative way"?

What did Vatanen do in 1982 (as a defending World Champ)? Or Petter in 2008? They both could've used the same excuses Mikkelsen is using, but instead they actually DID something.
    Correct! Coupled with his party personality and the fact that he thinks he's above certain things it does make him a prima donna

...or r princess as I would prefer. I have never really liked him and this really doesn't add to his plus account.

Ogier did a whole year in wrc 2 and his employer didn't even pull out. A lot of the time employers fall in real life, outside his bubble, and employees go to other less glorious jobs temporarily to get back to something of similar "status" eventually.

9. Likes: Allez Andruet (22nd February 2017)
    Liked 1,463 Times in 836 Posts
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 3,789 Times in 1,684 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    Ogier did a whole year in wrc 2 and his employer didn't even pull out.
    To be correct, he was not in WRC2 or SWRC. In that entry with Skoda S2000 he was not-registered driver.

12. Likes: itix (22nd February 2017),pantealex (23rd February 2017)
    Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    To be correct, he was not in WRC2 or SWRC. In that entry with Skoda S2000 he was not-registered driver.
    So even "worse" then.