Page 7 of 263 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    According to Mads himself dad Morten has been a bit of a loose canon regarding this, nothing is 100% ready. http://www.parcferme.no/nyheter/stbe...g-er-bekreftet
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

2. Likes: EstWRC (4th January 2017)
    Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EightGear View Post
    Well Ostberg isn't occupying a seat which could have gone to someone else so I'm fine with this, good news.
    Exactly. Ostberg is entitled to drive privately.

Mikkelsen must sort himself a 2017 car, its not Mads fault.

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by estwrc View Post
    just my opinion.
    repeated ad nauseum.

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    According to Manager Timo Jouhki @TeemuSuninenRac will drive R5 car in #RallySweden & it´s still possible that #WRC car during the #WRC2017
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    yes but i would prefer good drivers instead of them in those cars, like Mikkelsen for example.

JUST MY OPINION.
    You could name more drivers then. Better than Ostberg. Not having seats. Just tell me. That´s all. Mads is a good driver.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    You could name more drivers then. Better than Ostberg. Not having seats. Just tell me. That´s all. Mads is a good driver.
    Yeah, he is OK. Consistent.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    According to Manager Timo Jouhki @TeemuSuninenRac will drive R5 car in #RallySweden & it´s still possible that #WRC car during the #WRC2017
    Story:
    http://www.iltasanomat.fi/ralli/art-2000005032888.html (in Finnish)

Jouhki didn´t say he will drive R5 in Sweden, he only said not WRC. But yes, it will probably be R5...

They will probably have press conference next week about rest of the season, it could be 2016 or 2017, depends of "3rd party", so probably they have financial packing sorted but don´t know about car...
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

9. Likes: Rallyper (4th January 2017)
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lousada View Post
    I expect actually the opposite of you Neuville has always been very bad at Monte Carlo and Sweden, I do not see that changing this year. The other Hyundai drivers are also never that good in the opening rallies. I expect the Korean cars to cruise for points these two rallies before challenging Ogier later in the season. I expect Ogier to dominate the first rallies to give him some breathing space in the rest of the year.
    Not sure on your logic there. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Paddon has finished 3rd in 2015 & 2nd in 2016 in Sweden, so to suggest the Hyundai drivers don't do well in Sweden just seems illogical to me.

In my view the first few events of 2017 are just too hard to call. Ogier may marginally be favourite for MC solely on past form and experience but nobody has any idea on how the different new cars compare and there will no doubt be some reliability issues to begin the season with the new cars. Whichever way you look it should be the most exciting WRC campaign in years.

As a kiwi the addition of Rally NZ in 2018 would be the icing on the cake. Us diehards at the other end of the world dream of once again seeing the world's elite competing on our fantastic roads and having a local with a realistic chance of winning our own world class event is mouth watering. We love watching the action in Europe but believe the addition of NZ would add to the championship.

Happy new year.

11. Likes: Maui J. (8th January 2017)
    Liked 1,474 Times in 573 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Baig2507 View Post
    Not sure on your logic there. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Paddon has finished 3rd in 2015 & 2nd in 2016 in Sweden, so to suggest the Hyundai drivers don't do well in Sweden just seems illogical to me.
    Paddon was 5th in 2015
    Neuville was 2nd that year, in a 3 drivers battle for the win untill the very last stage. For me, this is still one of his best rallies ever.

He is right about Monte Carlo though, only Sordo had some decent results there.

13. Likes: WUff1 (5th January 2017)
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post
    Paddon was 5th in 2015
    Neuville was 2nd that year, in a 3 drivers battle for the win untill the very last stage. For me, this is still one of his best rallies ever.

He is right about Monte Carlo though, only Sordo had some decent results there.
    Thanks for the corrected data. I still think the first few events are too difficult to predict with all the unknowns.

Cheer