Page 175 of 263 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 2630
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    “Rallying is an amazing sport, but it can be difficult for people to get to see it, so we are always looking for innovative ways to bring it to new audiences"

When will these clowns realise that they aren't bringing rallying to new audiences, they're bringing a sideshow that features the same cars. A fecking trotting track, FFS!
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

2. Likes: AndyRAC (27th June 2017),noel157 (3rd July 2017),sonnybobiche (28th June 2017)
    Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    “Rallying is an amazing sport, but it can be difficult for people to get to see it, so we are always looking for innovative ways to bring it to new audiences"

When will these clowns realise that they aren't bringing rallying to new audiences, they're bringing a sideshow that features the same cars. A fecking trotting track, FFS!
    You've got to introduce the public to rallying somehow. They just arent going to discover it in a forest in the middle of nowhere.

Stages at a safari park, stately home, horserace track and a race circuit were my first experience of seeing rally cars in action... and I'm still a fan 30 years later.

4. Likes: pantealex (28th June 2017)
    Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    You've got to introduce the public to rallying somehow. They just arent going to discover it in a forest in the middle of nowhere.

Stages at a safari park, stately home, horserace track and a race circuit were my first experience of seeing rally cars in action... and I'm still a fan 30 years later.
    I don't want to paint too dark a picture but I think it is difficult to keep motorsport alive into the distant future. I'm a millenial and I literally have one single friend who is a petrol head. Some of them like it when they see a Lambo or a Porsche on the street, but the interest doesn't go much further. The vast majority are not interested whatsoever or even find it a bit silly.

If we are being real that is just the way it is. Oil will get too precious to burn it, cars will get less exciting, motorsport will lose its appeal. Rallying has always been in the shadow of circuit racing (bar the hight of Group B) to a degree and it is now amplified by the zeitgeist we are confronted with.

We are dinosaurs, my dear fellows.

6. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (27th June 2017),skarderud (27th June 2017),sonnybobiche (28th June 2017),steve.mandzij (27th June 2017)
    Liked 1,243 Times in 675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    And what is the ironic thing about this? The UK used to have a huge event that did just that; and had massive publicity & media.....

You reap what you sow....

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    With the GB situation and the criticism it's tricky because the organisers can only work within the confines of the paltry regulations. So a lot of what people want is unrealistic. That said I think they are playing it overly safe, but as others have mentioned it's not like counties and regions are lining up to host this event.

As a fan I want more stage variety (I've done the current ones multiple times) and as many chances to see the cars in 'competitive' action as possible. That makes it easier to swallow the hefty cost of a world rally pass.

Hopefully we'll get a bit of a revamp next year.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    Wales Rally GB‏ @WalesRallyGB
    We have more fantastic news coming tomorrow. We can reveal all very soon. #WRGB #WRC

Hmm.
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    I accept that Mickey Mouse stages have been around for years, but at least a ponce around Chatsworth had some roads to it. A trotting track?! And at the end of a day messing around silly stages they headed north and a full rally of proper stages through places like Dalby and Kielder. Those are the stages that grab people.

But Watson is right, we're dinosaurs. Sport is consumed differently these days, gone is the time that you'd sit and watch rallying on Grandstand because there were only 4 channels.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

11. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (28th June 2017)
    Liked 1,520 Times in 653 Posts
    Any of the above would be better than having them all do a doughnut in an 'amusement park' in the back end of Towyn...

Liked 1,520 Times in 653 Posts
    Folks rather than dominating this thread with Rally GB we might as well get going with a dedicated Rally GB thread. If you don't mind I taken the liberty of starting this year's thread here: http://www.motorsportforums.com/show...78#post1143978

14. Likes: WUff1 (28th June 2017)
    Liked 12,152 Times in 5,211 Posts
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -