Page 124 of 263 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 2630
    Liked 1,446 Times in 828 Posts
    https://www.rallye-magazin.de/wrc/ar...der-rallye-wm/
    promoter wants 16 instead of 13 rallies, and they dropped the idea of shortening the european rallies (& the whole shakedown concept) as it doesn't save them a substantial amount of money.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

2. Likes: A FONDO (22nd April 2017)
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    https://www.rallye-magazin.de/wrc/ar...der-rallye-wm/
    promoter wants 16 instead of 13 rallies, and they dropped the idea of shortening the european rallies (& the whole shakedown concept) as it doesn't save them a substantial amount of money.
    Good to see that complete lunacy about shortening the events has been forgotten. Didn't realise there was a movement to remove shakedown too.

But it still seems that they want to add 3 extra rounds (long-haul at that) with no real idea of how to reduce costs. No team will accept that.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 352 Times in 208 Posts
    NZ back in WRC in 2018? Any more info on what Paddon said?
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 352 Times in 208 Posts
    English version translated.

Great to hear words from the WRC guy...

https://translate.googleusercontent....xUt9YyQPwDzMlg
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    I've got a feeling that they are dreaming or in the fantasy land again. John has multiple times ridiculed the idea of a WRC event in the States. Another thing is that studs aren't allowed in North America. So it would be a studless winter rally.

They are thinking about Chile, North-America, Kenya, NZ, South Korea, China, Japan, India, Turkey and Russia.

NZ, Japan and Turkey had pretty healthy entry lists last time they were part of WRC. But how much potential do the other events have?
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    I've got a feeling that they are dreaming or in the fantasy land again. John has multiple times ridiculed the idea of a WRC event in the States. Another thing is that studs aren't allowed in North America. So it would be a studless winter rally.

They are thinking about Chile, North-America, Kenya, NZ, South Korea, China, Japan, India, Turkey and Russia.

NZ, Japan and Turkey had pretty healthy entry lists last time they were part of WRC. But how much potential do the other events have?
    Aren't most of the new and 'old-new' supposed places gravel rallys? I like the idea of introducing another winter rally but I think there are too few aspalt events aready. Japan would have some twisty tarmac mountain places in store, but the last time it was held it was a gravel rally as well. Also I'd like to see the round of Italy going back to San Remo instead of Sardegna.

I would like Kenya back as I was really disappointed when they took this challenging event out of the calendar. I do have a feeling that if it returns it might be a bit too polished compared to when it was last held.

So here you have my opinion which is probably just adding to the confusion. Sorry for that. I'd be in favour of having more rallys but not at the expense of the length of the single events. But where do you get the money from? I guess there hope is that a more global calendar would attract a bigger number of sponsors and fan attention. It's anyone's guess if the maths on it are going to work out.
    Last edited by Watson; 23rd April 2017 at 13:01.

8. Likes: A FONDO (23rd April 2017),AnttiL (24th April 2017)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by electroliquid View Post
    Nice gesture from Toyota to promote rallying, it would be good to see similar actions more often from other teams.
    It´s Grönholm´s GRX-teams money gathering thing (for future of Finnish RallyDrivers)
    They are selling T-shirts and every shirt is "lottery ticket" to YarisWRC ride.
    Toyota is this years official car of NesteRally, so in that way it´s also commercial deal.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

10. Likes: electroliquid (23rd April 2017)
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Regarding all the extra events - it still feels like a properly organised Chinese round would be a win for the series and the manufacturers. But if that debacle has shown us anything it's that there's no point trying to force an event on a country that doesn't want it. So really instead of flashing a long list of countries around they need to target one, at the most two, countries that actually have money, fanbase, government support and an existing candidate rally and organisation structure.

If those things aren't in place you are just wasting time and money.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

12. Likes: A FONDO (23rd April 2017),dimviii (23rd April 2017),EstWRC (23rd April 2017),Rally Power (23rd April 2017)
    Liked 12,165 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Cmooooonnn, give Estonia a lot of money and we will make an event
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 793 Times in 377 Posts
    1 more snowrally should be a good extension, maybe a real crossover tarmac+gravel rally could be fun?

Sent fra min XP7700 via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

15. Likes: Arnold Triyudho Wardono (25th April 2017),pantealex (24th April 2017)