Page 218 of 227 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 2269
    Liked 184 Times in 100 Posts
    Unless a new manufacturer is coming (0% chance for that now), Ogier's choices is either Ford or Citroen. And possibly in both cases with reduced wages...

Liked 3,142 Times in 1,717 Posts
    Ogier also said he could retire if 'everything isnt in place'...

I think its quite possible if he can go out winning the title with a different team... something Loeb didnt do.

Liked 264 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    Citroen said that they donīt have money for 4 cars in Catalonia, maybe that is also reason for not hiring Mikkelsen ?

How can they make deal with Ogier, he is 10x more expensive than Mikkelsen ?

I still donīt believe that M-Sport and Citroen are Ogierīs only choices.
    Citroen will find the money for a driver like Seb, but not Mikkelsen. Just like they would've found room for Ogier at the beginning of this year but not Andreas or Jari. Ogier probably feels he has unfinished business there, and it cannot be underestimated how important winning a championship with 3 different manufacturers could be for someone like Seb, who has nearly done it all now.

Almost a no lose situation for him. He has nothing to prove to anyone, with him highly likely to win a title away from the VW domination. He goes to Citroen on a nice big long term contract, French driver/French team, with the aim of returning them to the top of the sport. If he wins another title he's a god and regains a lot of support from the French people who still aren't huge on him, and if he struggles everyone will just blame the car which we know is currently the worst anyway (although i still dont think its fundamentally flawed, and can be turned into a title challenger)
    Last edited by er88; 5th September 2017 at 17:51.

4. Likes: pantealex (6th September 2017)
    Liked 503 Times in 290 Posts
    Strange news today. I guess it's the manufacturers title that they are chasing. Isn't Msport a bit too far ahead though? I'd be amazed if they manage.

Liked 264 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Sooo Hyundai are re-jigging to fight M-Sport... too late boys !
    Not really. Realistically this is to give Andreas time in the car so he can hit the ground running next year. Manufacturers title is over for this year.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

7. Likes: AndyRAC (5th September 2017),AnttiL (5th September 2017),pantealex (6th September 2017),Sulland (5th September 2017)
    Liked 112 Times in 42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    LOL Sordo just went in on Colin Clark. Again he's just rumouring and making assumptions.

Badly google translates to this - @voiceofrally @AMikkelsenRally At the moment... Australia and GB you you are inventing! Or is it that you like to clear. A smartass tila come tomato!

Maybe someone who speaks Spanish can properly translate. Seems pretty funny.
    LOL a better translation would be:

"As of now, the stuff about Australia and GB you're just making up! Or that's what you'd like to be true, obviously. Just relax, know-it-all."

It's not as confrontational as it sounds in English, but it's not far off.

9. Likes: A FONDO (6th September 2017)
    Liked 3,142 Times in 1,717 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    Strange news today. I guess it's the manufacturers title that they are chasing. Isn't Msport a bit too far ahead though? I'd be amazed if they manage.
    Exactly.

Liked 111 Times in 65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    Hyundai needs a miracle to win it, so even those that's what the press release talks about, you can read 2018 between the lines.

12. Likes: er88 (5th September 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnybobiche View Post
    LOL a better translation would be:

"As of now, the stuff about Australia and GB you're just making up! Or that's what you'd like to be true, obviously. Just relax, know-it-all."

It's not as confrontational as it sounds in English, but it's not far off.
    What hasn't helped here is the weird way Hyundai worded the press release with regards to the GB and Australia line-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    How do people think Hyundai will line up with the final two rounds then?

I'd pick Paddon over Sordo for both GB and Aus. Obviously zero chance Hayden isn't doing his local round.
    I agree.

15. Likes: pantealex (6th September 2017)