Page 1 of 263 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,440 Times in 825 Posts

[WRC] News & Rumours (part V) 2017

As the new season's approaching, I thought it's time for a new thread for the new year. May we have a great year (& without VW & new regulations) even more interesting than the last.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

2. Likes: A FONDO (1st January 2017),bluuford (1st January 2017),EstWRC (1st January 2017),Hartusvuori (2nd January 2017),Micke_VOC (3rd January 2017),pantealex (1st January 2017),WRC1 (1st January 2017)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    2016 we had 6 different event winners, if number stays same I´m happy.

It´s possible that we could see over 10 different WRC cars in same rally.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Senior Member Arnold Triyudho Wardono's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Part V: M-Sport Strikes Back.
    Part VI: Return of the Ford.

Sent from my A12 using Tapatalk

5. Likes: Andre Oliveira (2nd January 2017),Gregor-y (2nd January 2017),HaCo (2nd January 2017),Micke_VOC (3rd January 2017),racerx1979 (7th October 2017)
    Liked 144 Times in 87 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    2016 we had 6 different event winners, if number stays same I´m happy.

It´s possible that we could see over 10 different WRC cars in same rally.
    If the cars are all at the same level, there are 4 or 5 drivers capable of winning i think (whitout a big portion of luck) At Hyundai that's Paddon and Neuville, Citroen has Meeke, M-sport Ogier and Possible Tanak.
    Mikkelsen would also be in that list, but for now thats it i think. I hope Latvalla has a boost and the Yaris goes better than expected.

Liked 12,153 Times in 5,211 Posts
    I agree that if there are 5-6 different winners then it would be a good season. Dont know what to expect because everything is new but i expect Ogier not to be so dominant in the beginning of the season. He has had very little time in the car and everything is new for him and i think it will take couple of rallies for him to settle in.

I think Meeke and Neuville (if he continues like that) will give him hard time in the beginning of the season, especially in Monte, these three will fight for the win there in my eyes....In Sweden i also expect Paddon and Tänak to join for the fight.

and Happy New Year everyone!
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

8. Likes: steve.mandzij (4th March 2017),WRC1 (2nd January 2017)
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    I have high expectations from Tanak this year. He has no more the tyre excuse and has built the car around him. Given the progress he has made last year I think he will do very good. I will not believe to bad luck one more year.

Also Meeke will have no more "I have no experience" excuse. He has developed the car and Citroen seems to be competitive. as long as he stays in the road we will have fun.

Another guy who will impress us in my opinion is Breen but let's see. The new cars are a question mark now.

Ogier is no more in the best machinery and in a car built around him. Of course he will not be the same of recent years but at the end I think he will dominate the championship in a way or another.

10. Likes: WUff1 (2nd January 2017)
    Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    I agree that if there are 5-6 different winners then it would be a good season. Dont know what to expect because everything is new but i expect Ogier not to be so dominant in the beginning of the season. He has had very little time in the car and everything is new for him and i think it will take couple of rallies for him to settle in.

I think Meeke and Neuville (if he continues like that) will give him hard time in the beginning of the season, especially in Monte, these three will fight for the win there in my eyes....In Sweden i also expect Paddon and Tänak to join for the fight.

and Happy New Year everyone!
    I expect actually the opposite of you Neuville has always been very bad at Monte Carlo and Sweden, I do not see that changing this year. The other Hyundai drivers are also never that good in the opening rallies. I expect the Korean cars to cruise for points these two rallies before challenging Ogier later in the season. I expect Ogier to dominate the first rallies to give him some breathing space in the rest of the year.

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Neuville always bad in Sweden? Did you forget 2015 where he was fighting for the win until the very last stage? Last year he had bad luck with the car (transmission problems),

Liked 13 Times in 6 Posts
    In addition to the 4 WRCs and the 124 R-GT, are there more cars launching this year?