Page 95 of 263 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast
    Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Unless Malcolm's sixth chakra has changed, I'm afraid Ott will be "asked" to play the "points insurance" game, something young drivers like him don't like.

Liked 9,343 Times in 4,962 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jparker View Post
    Unless Malcolm's sixth chakra has changed, I'm afraid Ott will be "asked" to play the "points insurance" game, something young drivers like him don't like.
    More nonsense criticism of Wilson/ M-Sport.

Their target is surely the driver's title for Ogier and the best way for Tanak to assist is to beat his rivals... not just trail in in 5/6th picking up a few points. That will be Evans job.

3. Likes: Andre Oliveira (1st March 2017)
    Liked 52 Times in 31 Posts
    If Ott continues his improvement curve that started last season, I don't think Wilson wants to risk with him leaving M-Sport for another team.

5. Likes: steve.mandzij (1st March 2017)
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Since his name is not national I will say here what I've already written on the italian rally thread: Kalle Rovanper is rumored to go driving in italian championship with Skoda Fabia R5.
    The only actual obstacle is the italian authority that should give permission to Kalle to drive in the competitive sections (no way he could do it in normal streets).
    I don't think he will be in time for the first event in less than 3 weeks...

Anyway the italian championship will give him some mileage in asphalt and very technical rallies. Something also Hirvonen and Latvala did when they was young guns.

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    Since his name is not national I will say here what I've already written on the italian rally thread: Kalle Rovanper is rumored to go driving in italian championship with Skoda Fabia R5.
    The only actual obstacle is the italian authority that should give permission to Kalle to drive in the competitive sections (no way he could do it in normal streets).
    I don't think he will be in time for the first event in less than 3 weeks...

Anyway the italian championship will give him some mileage in asphalt and very technical rallies. Something also Hirvonen and Latvala did when they was young guns.
    Kalle was testing in Italy last week.
    and he is not starting next Finnish championship rally (saturday 11.3) because he has "something else to do". (his own words)
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

8. Likes: AL14 (1st March 2017),Rallyper (1st March 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    More nonsense criticism of Wilson/ M-Sport.

Their target is surely the driver's title for Ogier and the best way for Tanak to assist is to beat his rivals... not just trail in in 5/6th picking up a few points. That will be Evans job.
    Sounds like a good plan.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Don't be afraid, it's not that scary. Of course there will be times when they play the team game, to imply that's a M-Sport specific thing either shows that you have an axe to grind or that you don't know much about the sport. I don't think that game will be "stay in fourth" unless Ott renews his old habit of crashing on too many occasions. It's more likely to be "you're second behind Seb, 30 seconds back, stop pushing so hard".

Team orders make sense a lot of times though, Citroen understand it, Hyundai understand it (although don't really have to apply it much) and it won't take many more balls ups by Hanninen before Tommi has to have a word in his ear about getting to the end of an event on the first try. Teams can't afford to keep repairing cars to enter under Rally 2 or whatever it's called these days.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    What a shame they didn't appear to learn very much from the experience! Latvala had to go beck to tarmac school in 2012 and Mikko never did get to grips.
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    ... to imply that's a M-Sport specific thing either shows that you have an axe to grind or that you don't know much about the sport.
    You think so?
    Then I sugest rading this forum back in time.
    I don't imply anything, It's all here nicely documented.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    You think so?
    Then I sugest rading this forum back in time.
    I don't imply anything, It's all here nicely documented.
    So other teams don't do team orders then
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.