Page 117 of 263 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 2630
    Liked 1,504 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    My guess is it is already built by a private team, but I like skarderud's suggestion.
    And who this very talanted mechanic? And what name car have?

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KKS View Post
    And who this very talanted mechanic? And what name car have?
    Only time will tell.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    Yes. He got Romanian nationality and asked us (eWRC-results) to change flag. In MC he allready had it, look pics
    I thought he was Italian! I noticed it on the app too but thought it was an error

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Isn't this shit out of topic ? Every time I click this thread because it is active but I don't find any news or rumors here
    It was news to me that guys who sit in cars with power steering and paddle shift--some say they have AC --are athletes..Sportsman yes, drivers and co-divers yes..But athletes???

It was news to me, everybody agrees they are SUPERB athletes...
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

5. Likes: sonnybobiche (11th April 2017)
    Liked 39 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    Forget the Polo

Nasser rally program will surprise many (all) people.
    Hyundai??

Liked 105 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa View Post
    It was news to me that guys who sit in cars with power steering and paddle shift--some say they have AC --are athletes..Sportsman yes, drivers and co-divers yes..But athletes???

It was news to me, everybody agrees they are SUPERB athletes...
    That's a gross oversimplification of what forces and stresses a competitive WRC crew deal with over the course of a rally.
    Just because you don't understand it and have never experienced going that quickly in a car, doesn't mean others aren't experiencing stress and forces that require them to train and be conditioned in the same way any other top-level athlete would.

8. Likes: sonnybobiche (3rd September 2017)
    Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OHL View Post
    That's a gross oversimplification of what forces and stresses a competitive WRC crew deal with over the course of a rally.
    Just because you don't understand it and have never experienced going that quickly in a car, doesn't mean others aren't experiencing stress and forces that require them to train and be conditioned in the same way any other top-level athlete would.
    First welcome aboard Noob.

No idea who you are but you certainly send a vibe of certainty bordering on arrogance in your assumption that "just because I don't understand it AND have never experienced going that quickly in a car"...

Well well well.......HUGE presumption..
    My own 2 rally cars certainly aren't anywhere near as quick as WRC cars....but the one I rallied for 10 years does go pretty fast fairly quickly, about 105 mph or, since like so many you hide behind who you are and where you are because of misguided paranoia or fear, if you're metric 170 klm/hr...

so you are right in the "in a car" part....

But I did spend a significant and important part of my life in motorsports on things that were/are about as quick in acceleration either zero to XX or in time to speed..

And I rode these things on surfaces many times muddier, rockier, grassier, dustier and did it 2 to 4 times a week and raced 4-6 times a month----eventually good enough to earn quite good money.. 2 or 3 times the national average salary per month...

As every even extreme key-boarded-fan boi knows, serious frequent--(sometimes over night pack and drive 300km to the next event) calls for extremely good leg strength, and ling capacity as well as stress from environment and tactical decisions, mental toughness, near imperviousness to pain...Finishing events with 2-3 freshly broken fingers was firly commonplace..

If you are such a guy that you can say with deifinitiveness that "I have no idea", surely you must know about the strength and endurance in carrying out a largely physical motorsport, so I will assume you just momentarily forgot..

Somehow, I have a a big curiosity what your name is and what sort of racing did you do and at what levels...
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

10. Likes: smokingjoe (10th April 2017),sonnybobiche (11th April 2017),steve.mandzij (13th April 2017)
    Liked 887 Times in 277 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OHL View Post
    I think this is a question of definition, and I dont know how relevant it is.
    Every top driver in the WRC is in very good physical shape, and they need to be to help them be mentally fit enough to have the same reactions, clear thinking, mastering of stress etc, on the end of an event as on the start.

The forces encountered in a WRC car, especially on tarmac, but also on rutted gravel, are unquestionably great (as displayed by non-rally people given rides in these circumstances often having physical reactions afterwards), but in contrast to an athletic sport, like running 5.000 meters, you can be the fastest driver even if your competitors are in better physical shape than you.

In several countries there are these "best of the best" TV-shows where top athletes from different disciplines meet. In Britain there have often been F1-drivers winning these contests. So again, a question about definition.
    But great sportsmen they are, this we can all agree on
    https://www.facebook.com/noseendfirst?ref=hl#

12. Likes: A FONDO (10th April 2017),cali (10th April 2017),KiwiWRCfan (10th April 2017)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    I'm wondering whether Mikkelsen will jump back into a 2016 Polo. Surely has to be better than beating the WRC2 crop. He can probably take time out of Lefebvre on the stages in the 2016 car. He got asked at a stage end - when will you be back in a '17 car? And they way he responded (repeating: "In a 2017 car?") just implied maybe he had something else up his sleeve. Might be me reading too much into it.

That said - with Portugal being a mandatory WRC2 round then there's a bit of a decision to make there along with Skoda team bosses. I know they have Tidemand doing really well too - but still. If Mikkelsen (or any WRC2 driver) was to miss Portugal - I assume they can still score points in WRC2 for the rest of the year - just not then eligible for championship? Do they disappear from the championship table for instance?
    No, they can have WRC2 points without entering Portugal (ie. not all of DMack WRC2 prize winners are doing Portugal),
    but they can´t replace Portugal (or Germany/Wales) with any other rally, so maximum number of events without Portugal is 6.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

14. Likes: Hartusvuori (10th April 2017),nafpaktos (10th April 2017),Simmi (10th April 2017)
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    No, they can have WRC2 points without entering Portugal (ie. not all of DMack WRC2 prize winners are doing Portugal),
    but they can´t replace Portugal (or Germany/Wales) with any other rally, so maximum number of events without Portugal is 6.
    Cool thank you! That's interesting. So in theory you could miss one mandatory round like Portugal and still win the championship from your other six rallies. You just don't have as much margin for error without the 7th round/drop score.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia