Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
You can also think of it like this...

Here is a slightly fat and very stressed team manager of a global Motorsport team who does one round of the Belgian championship for fun every year (and usually stuff it into a tree).

Did he
A) take blood pressure lowering pills to perform like a rally super human in order to steal the Belgian championship crown by winning one round

Or
B) take pills to lower his blood pressure from his weight and very particular stress inducing job and did the event to forget for a while that he has 100 000+ pairs of eyes judging his performance every day.

In my opinion the sensible thing to do would be to give him a friendly reminder that those pills are not allowed in the championship... but the actual measure was very very harsh in my opinion.
That all sounds like "remove the turbo restrictor when the car have problems running on all cylinders". Tanak would be happy in Monte. I don't see anything harsh in suspended ban, be it whoever fail, obviously there is some as the rules allow otherwise, but it didn't happened.