Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

Silly Season 2016 -- 2017

VW opened a perfect Silly Season in World Rally!

Your tips please
    Keep It Simple Stupid !

Liked 12,162 Times in 5,216 Posts
    why you have to make separate threads for everything?
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

3. Likes: Mirek (2nd November 2016)
    Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    Tip from a Norwegian forum;

Ogier: Ford
    Latvala: Toyota
    Mikkelsen: Citroen

Can it be this easy?

5. Likes: RAS007 (3rd November 2016)
    Liked 98 Times in 52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post

Can it be this easy?
    Yes it can be so easy!
    R.I.P.Colin Mcrae

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts

Can it be this easy?
    No Latvala to Toyota. Even if I'd like to see him team up with Malcolm again, it'd so much more cool if Ogier would take the wheel of Blue Oval.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Latvala to Ford would fit in with their ethos of welcoming back returning drivers to coincide with their career bottoming out. See: Solberg, Hirvonen, Ostberg.

Ogier to M-Sport would be magic. Like an NFL draft style situation almost. Best player goes to the lowest performing team.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

9. Likes: RAS007 (3rd November 2016),TWRC (2nd November 2016),WUff1 (2nd November 2016)
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Me too I would love to see Ogier in Ford. I still think he will go where he get more paid but his ego can lead him to M-Sport and achieve something Loeb didn't in the past. (I'm not saying it makes him better but that his ego can lead him to this decision eventually).

11. Likes: RAS007 (3rd November 2016)
    Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts

Can it be this easy?
    It's a pretty good bet. I just don't see the Ogier/Citroën deal happening, even though it would be the logical one. I am half French and in France Ogier isn't that popular and definitely nowhere near the Loeb status. Many see him as a bit of a traitor after the 2011 season and he's perceived as being quite arrogant. (and with a really bad taste in music after tweeting pics from a Nickelback concert ... yikes!)

I think Ogier would accept the M-Sport challenge if Malcom Wilson can make the right package around Ogier, with e.g. Tänak as team mate. And can you imagine the out-of-the-blue sponsorship package M-Sport suddenly would get if they have Ogier as their leading driver?
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    My bet:

Ogier: Citroen
    Latvala: Ford
    Mikkelsen: Ford

Ogier will go to Citroen. Money and winning ambition goes beyond some argument 6 years ago. Citroen is a french team and has just Meeke as very top driver.
    Lefebvre and Breen will drive under ph sport at the privateer championhip with ds3 wrc until a third C3 is ready and they will swap it or just one will be chosen.

Hyundai will then stay with same lineup since their three have nothing to envy to Latvala and Mikkelsen.

Latvala: jhouki, story and money will easily bring Latvala to Malcom Wilson who has not money to pay Ogier.
    I think there is no way for Latvala to go to Toyota. He knows that it would be a big risk.
    Malcom wanted 6 cars for 2017 which means there will be room for Mikkelsen as well along with Tanak.

Camilli will reach Lefebvre and Breen in WRC privateers championship if not all cars are ready.

Results: VW out -> Malcom Wilson very happy and full of money.
    He will still not win anything and we will still se a Sebastien winning everything with a Citroen.

Let's see.

14. Likes: Leon (2nd November 2016)
    Liked 15 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
    It's a pretty good bet. I just don't see the Ogier/Citroën deal happening, even though it would be the logical one. I am half French and in France Ogier isn't that popular and definitely nowhere near the Loeb status. Many see him as a bit of a traitor after the 2011 season and he's perceived as being quite arrogant. (and with a really bad taste in music after tweeting pics from a Nickelback concert ... yikes!)

I think Ogier would accept the M-Sport challenge if Malcom Wilson can make the right package around Ogier, with e.g. Tänak as team mate. And can you imagine the out-of-the-blue sponsorship package M-Sport suddenly would get if they have Ogier as their leading driver?
    After 4 titles, Loeb was nowhere to, probably more famous becausePlaystation and Citroen did some adds with him but not a celebrity like now. He really became as famous as Parker or Manaudou after his 7th title in Alsace only
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/tofrallye29 - https://twitter.com/Tofrallye29

16. Likes: RAS007 (3rd November 2016)