Page 115 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1173
    Liked 16,089 Times in 6,982 Posts
    Meeke: 'World class' Evans Argentina tyre advantage talk unfair

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/129295

2. Likes: er88 (3rd May 2017)
    Liked 9,347 Times in 4,964 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    Can you be a big more constructive, instead of harping on like a tabloid newspaper?

Monte - Car setup to low
    Sweden - Diff Issue
    Mexico - Win
    Corsica - Leading, engine
    Argentina - 2nd till going off, suspected damper issue, own accident etc etc etc.

I'd rather have his record that some others.
    New-boy wrc2017, this is a forum and provoking people to give their views (on Meeke) was my obvious intention.

It worked perfectly - thank you all, very interesting.

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm75 View Post
    That does come across as a little arrogant.
    No, I'm disappointed, not arrogant.

Are you suggesting the starting order made little difference on the Friday, or that Meeke and the C3 were underperforming. Either way the two front runners most of Friday had favourable starting positions.
    If You read my previous posts, You'll understand what I was meaning. Continuing discussion in wrong direction with twisted words is pointless.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 216 Times in 105 Posts
    So you keep saying. However, different cars. Different aero, different suspension settings, different ride height etc = different handling characteristics. Like comparing chalk and cheese. Or a pair of identical twins and expecting them to 'perform' exactly the same.

I think Citroens biggest mistake re Meeke, is when Matton said at the beginning of the season (and again last weekend) that their aim this year is to win rallies and not focus on championships until next year.
    This basically has given Kris the green light to go flat out everywhere, everywhen.
    While they have won a rally, and no doubt will win again, it also means Kris will throw it at the scenery a few times this year.
    I don't know why a more measured approach was adopted for this year. They are the only manufacturer that took a year out to develop the car for this year (I am not including Toyota as they didn't have a yard stick to measure against with an older car) so should really have had one eye on a title this year.
    If that is the aim next year then we might see a more measured performance from Meeke, rather than the win it or bin it mentality we are seeing so far this year.
    Can we really believe that when a manufacturer says they aren't aiming for the title this year? Which manufacturer has come out saying they aim to win it this year? Has any? Surely it's all PR bullsh*t...

Liked 16,089 Times in 6,982 Posts
    Neuville fined with 1000 euro because his Hyundai was missing rear view mirrors
    http://www.rallyargentina.com/wp-con...cision-no2.pdf

Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Neuville fined with 1000 euro because his Hyundai was missing rear view mirrors
    http://www.rallyargentina.com/wp-con...cision-no2.pdf
    Underweight windows in Sardinia last year, missing rear view mirrors in Argentina this year!

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    It says he was missing them OUT of service and Nanda says that they forgot to put them on cause they had little time. Perfectly fine with a fine then.

Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    I tend not to agree with You. There are clearly given time penalties for being late from service. The rules state in which state the car has to leave the service. Therefore by this action Hyundai most likely avoided time penalty for Neuville and therefore took a clear advantage in the fight for later victory (maybe not intentionally, who knows). The decision can be seen as a dangerous precedent. Will other teams also leave service with unfinished cars to save themselves from time penalties? I hope not.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

10. Likes: A FONDO (6th May 2017),br21 (4th May 2017),pantealex (5th May 2017)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    yeah, Hyundai are far from fair play, aren't they (Given the Paddon delayed start on Saturday also).
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

12. Likes: steve.mandzij (6th May 2017)
    Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    yeah, Hyundai are far from fair play, aren't they (Given the Paddon delayed start on Saturday also).
    Could you please elaborate? What happened and who benefits/gets a disadvantage off that?