Page 112 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1173
    Liked 2,276 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    So Meeke basically just said that this was his biggest ever crash but they were uninjured... so that's alright then !

He seems to have become the new Colin McCrash... Krash Meeke.

Can he really carry on like this, only finishing about 1 rally in 4 ?
    Tbf he'd have had two wins in a row this season if it wasn't for the engine blowing up in Corsica, and I'm pretty sure he will win at least one of the next two or three rallies as well. The reality is that Citroen have no championship ambitions this season, they said before the year started that they wanted to win some rallies and prepare for a full on championship assault in 2018. The biggest problem people have had is having too high expectations for Meeke at the start of the year. He'll be really quick, he'll probably be in the top two or three drivers at the end of the year in terms of total wins, and he'll also crash and retire a lot. It's hardly unexpected.

Citroën's plan sadly didn't alter even with VW withdrawing, but Lefebvre won't be there next year so you'll see one of Andreas or Ogier in that team alongside Meeke and Breen imo. And hopefully next year after collecting all the data from this year's rallies and learning from their mistakes, Citroen will solve the set up issues that hampered them in Monte and Sweden, fix the few small reliability issues they've had and be able to maximise the potential of the car they've built. I still think that the C3 has the highest ceiling out of all the cars, and when the set up is right it's the quickest. In basically every test video we see the car looks rapid and the most impressive but they can't seem to translate that speed in testing to actual rally conditions.

2. Likes: dimviii (2nd May 2017),Rally Power (2nd May 2017)
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Videos don`t tell us anything about the performance. You can`t measure 0,... s/km losses etc from a video, that is probably made from many different clips and on a short road that they drive for the whole day. And also there`s the truth that what is spectacular to watch and seems quick, isn`t normally the fastest way. I don`t say they have a bad car, but also nothing to brag with. They took a whole year to build and test that car and apart from Meeke`s crazy driving (which on a good day has brought him victories but sadly too oftenly ended with tears) they are still last. We also don`t know what would have happened in Corsica if the engine hadn`t failed.
    Last edited by Tarmop; 2nd May 2017 at 19:34.

4. Likes: EstWRC (2nd May 2017),Leon (2nd May 2017),steve.mandzij (2nd May 2017)
    Liked 133 Times in 64 Posts
    well...i followed argentina closely and like many have said before, i really enjoyed the battle between Evans and Neuville. In all honesty i wanted each to win for different reasons; Evan's first victory, Neuville's championship chase. Special mention goes to Latvala, Tanak, Ogier and Breen, they all had problems but tried their best to manage them. It looks like Latvala, Tanak and Neuville are maturing and understanding that if things are not going according to plan that its still important to gather points for both the driver's and manufacturer's championships...hopefully by mentioning that i did not jinx them lol.

with regards to Meeke, i hold my thoughts for now until things settle, what i will say is that i'm glad both him and Paul were not hurt as that's most important.

6. Likes: steve.mandzij (2nd May 2017)
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Tbf he'd have had two wins in a row this season if it wasn't for the engine blowing up in Corsica, and I'm pretty sure he will win at least one of the next two or three rallies as well. The reality is that Citroen have no championship ambitions this season, they said before the year started that they wanted to win some rallies and prepare for a full on championship assault in 2018. The biggest problem people have had is having too high expectations for Meeke at the start of the year. He'll be really quick, he'll probably be in the top two or three drivers at the end of the year in terms of total wins, and he'll also crash and retire a lot. It's hardly unexpected.

Citroën's plan sadly didn't alter even with VW withdrawing, but Lefebvre won't be there next year so you'll see one of Andreas or Ogier in that team alongside Meeke and Breen imo. And hopefully next year after collecting all the data from this year's rallies and learning from their mistakes, Citroen will solve the set up issues that hampered them in Monte and Sweden, fix the few small reliability issues they've had and be able to maximise the potential of the car they've built. I still think that the C3 has the highest ceiling out of all the cars, and when the set up is right it's the quickest. In basically every test video we see the car looks rapid and the most impressive but they can't seem to translate that speed in testing to actual rally conditions.
    very well said.

Liked 56 Times in 34 Posts
    Then... Jesus Christ, Krash
    Jesus Christ, Kris!!! (Not again)

Liked 1,505 Times in 894 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    Of course, but I was more to the Citroen advantage in Argentina. Breen started 6th, Meeke 7th, and still they couldn't do anything significant. We shouldn't expect miracles on next rallies either.
    Really? Meeke was 4 out of 4 times on TOP3 fastest stage times on Saturday and 2 of 4 fastest times!

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KKS View Post
    Really? Meeke was 4 out of 4 times on TOP3 fastest stage times on Saturday and 2 of 4 fastest times!
    You don't follow the discussion, I'm not going to continue it. I was talking about the start order on Friday.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    So Meeke basically just said that this was his biggest ever crash but they were uninjured... so that's alright then !

Can he really carry on like this, only finishing about 1 rally in 4 ?
    Can you be a big more constructive, instead of harping on like a tabloid newspaper?

Monte - Car setup to low
    Sweden - Diff Issue
    Mexico - Win
    Corsica - Leading, engine
    Argentina - 2nd till going off, suspected damper issue, own accident etc etc etc.

I'd rather have his record that some others.

12. Likes: er88 (3rd May 2017)
    Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm75 View Post
    Maybe the car doesn't have enough downforce on the front end. Every other manufacturer chooses a more box design wheel arch, kind of reminiscent of group b. Citroen started out that way with the c3 but changed wheel arch design later in development. All other cars look more aero aggressive, Citroen looks to have good aero at the rear but not so much at front, maybe making the car unstable over bumps.
    I was just look at onboard from Meeke ss14, after reading his Autosport article today, where he said he turned in and the car understeered, you can see at 200kph the front of the car was 'wagging' from side to side at 200kph, as if it had no enough front down force?

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    Can you be a big more constructive, instead of harping on like a tabloid newspaper?

Monte - Car setup to low
    Sweden - Diff Issue
    Mexico - Win
    Corsica - Leading, engine
    Argentina - 2nd till going off, suspected damper issue, own accident etc etc etc.

I'd rather have his record that some others.
    Don't get me wrong - I'm a big Meeke supporter. But you can only make so many excuses. It is possible to have a diff or a damper/set up issue and not destroy your car.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

15. Likes: AL14 (2nd May 2017)