Page 102 of 118 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1173
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Huge congrats to Neuville/Gilsoul and Hyundai. Evans did a remarkable job, resisting more than expected. No doubt he pushed hard on first leg, but we tend to forget that the 1m lead over Neuville was only possible due to day 1 starting order (just like Ostberg’s P2).

Somehow it’s nice to have different winners all the time, but if top drivers and their cars keep showing there’s a balance between them is there a point to keep the artificial day 1 starting rule? Maybe it’s a bit too soon to ask, but I bet this issue will be even more noticeable in Portugal and Italy.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 839 Times in 406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    we have a nice championship once more... Neuville less than 25 points from Ogier... thats one win one retirement... lets see.

BEST SEASON EVER DOGS... so far at least.
    You won't mention Latvala's 16 point gap?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post

i do not care about fluke teams of nothingness.

What a rally, good God! The atmosphere at El Condor was intense, and Evans was clearly faster than Neuville from where I was standing. Gutted to see his chance of victory stripped by 0.7 seconds, but at the same time amazed by the gap. I truly think that Neuville's performance might be onto something now. He's a true championship contender.

As for the championship itself, it's awesome to see it so close! Latvala does worry me a bit though. He's been mediocre at best the past two rallies, but oh well. He's an awesome guy.

5. Likes: AL14 (30th April 2017),KKS (30th April 2017),Mirek (30th April 2017),sindroms (30th April 2017)
    Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post

Well to be fair I don't think any sane person genuinely believes Latvala will challenge for the title.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Huge congrats to Neuville/Gilsoul and Hyundai. Evans did a remarkable job, resisting more than expected. No doubt he pushed hard on first leg, but we tend to forget that the 1m lead over Neuville was only possible due to day 1 starting order (just like Ostberg’s P2).

Somehow it’s nice to have different winners all the time, but if top drivers and their cars keep showing there’s a balance between them is there a point to keep the artificial day 1 starting rule? Maybe it’s a bit too soon to ask, but I bet this issue will be even more noticeable in Portugal and Italy.
    People justify Evans' Friday lead by starting order, tyres, etc, but tend to forget Evans started Saturday as strong as on Friday, then the problems began to appear and his lead melted like snow in May. Even today he had car issues also, we can encounter 2 mistakes for him - the puncture yesterday and the bridge today, probably the last decided the rally. Neuville was also lucky at one occasion yesterday, tremendous job by him though last 2 days. They both deserved the victory, but could be only 1, that's life.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

8. Likes: steve.mandzij (30th April 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by EightGear View Post
    Well to be fair I don't think any sane person genuinely believes Latvala will challenge for the title.
    I must be insane then

Perhaps I'm too die-hard of a fan, but I really do think he still has a chance. In Mexico and here in Argentina he got hampered by a few mechanical issues and a puncture (I think he could have been third this time around). Corsica was strange though.

However he did net a well deserved Sweden win, and the Yaris definitely proved it has some speed, enough to battle with the big boys. He's historically done well in Portugal, Italy, Poland and Finland, so fingers crossed!

Question though: Latvala mentioned he hadn't driven El Condor and Mina Clavero properly since 2013. What happened? How come?

Liked 1,462 Times in 835 Posts
    Is it correct that this is the first time since 2009 that a man who's name isn't Sebastien wins back to back victories?
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    "Latvala" and "well in Portugal" are words that should never be in the same sentence. In fact I think historically Portugal is he's worst Rally.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Meeke's SS14 onboard is now on WRC+
    Comparing with the first run he drives adifferent line and is 15 kph faster. Looks simply too wide touching the bank on left.

SS14 left, SS11 right
    https://youtu.be/VmwgNVNdSdU

Video of inspecting the car afterwards

13. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (30th April 2017)