LAURENT FREGOSI, TECHNICAL DIRECTOR: "Back from the Tour de Corse, we analyzed Kris Meeke's car to identify the cause of his abandonment. It was a connection of the lubrication circuit that broke, so it is not an internal problem to the engine. We have of course studied an alternative solution that was validated during our recent test session. During these five days of testing, we focused on suspensions, which condition much of the performance and confidence of pilots on the ground. Argentina is a difficult terrain, with a loose soil that degrades between the two passages to bring out large stones. Combined with the speeds achieved, the shocks imposed on the chassis and the rolling trains impose severe stresses. "
KRIS MEEKE: "I have only good memories in Argentina: a third place in my first participation and my first world victory two years ago! Moreover, this rally is very special at the level of the atmosphere and the infatuation - not to say madness - of the public. As soon as we set foot on Argentinian soil, we feel that people love the sport. Even though I did not take part in the event last year, I have every reason to be confident. Between my victory in Mexico, my start of Tour de Corse and the work done this week in testing, I feel good before this rally. However, I remain aware of the difficulties of this trial, which always brings its share of uncertainty. »