Page 78 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    The front left of that C3 doesn't look very nice.

The fall of Citroen is quite impressive tbh, from dominating for 10 years to not being able to compete with VW to now being clearly last in manufacturers even against newcomer Toyota who has basically 1 driver.

At least the C3 doesn't seem far back in terms of speed, one then has to question their driver policy.

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    The fall of Citroen is quite impressive tbh, from dominating for 10 years to not being able to compete with VW to now being clearly last in manufacturers even against newcomer Toyota who has basically 1 driver.

At least the C3 doesn't seem far back in terms of speed, one then has to question their driver policy.
    Yeah that policy of having the best driver in the world in their car really did work I guess. Their new policy of not having that = less successful.

In fairness they did basically give up on the WRC for a few years ('14/'15/'16).
    Last edited by Simmi; 30th April 2017 at 10:21.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

3. Likes: Allez Andruet (30th April 2017),steve.mandzij (30th April 2017)
    Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Yeah that policy of having the best driver in the world in their car really did work I guess. Their new policy of not having that = less successful.

In fairness they did basically give up on the WRC for a few years ('14/'15/'16).
    Also '13, transition year towards the WTCC.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    They truly deserve all that misery after they expelled Ogier.

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Also '13, transition year towards the WTCC.
    Maybe. You don't think they thought they were going to win the title with Hirvonen going into that season?

Still makes me laugh that VW's entire stated aim for 2013 was to 'fight for podiums'.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

And then Citroen spend most of 2016 preparing for this year. Isn't working out very well.

After VW quit they could push hard for Ogier, tbh it didn't seem they were that much interested. Certainly from Matton's comments, and they were not interested at all in the other two.

Then again just two days ago I could read on this very thread how Meeke is the fastest driver in WRC, oh well.

Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    To be fair... They haven't really had a great driver for a while. Loeb left and they only got Hirvonen who was on his way out both in form and in sprit.

There were hopes that Meeke had stopped crashing but those have been thoroughly crushed.

Liked 76 Times in 38 Posts
    i said i wasn't going to watch Kris for the remainder of the season. Such a bloody shame again- looks like they were both ok though. If he's out of contract at the end of this season, unfortunately I think it's 'party over'.
    Anyone predict any national UK hotshots coming behind these boys?

Agree, but it again goes down to november last year. Link to the comments at that time:
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report...818.1478205931

Matton told Autosport: "I have the driver line-up for next year."

"All I will say is that if Sebastien Ogier gives me a call I will answer and we will have a chat, but there's no question about changing my driver line-up for next season."

"I would not say I would not take the call from Jari-Matti Latvala or Andreas Mikkelsen, of course I will - I am a polite guy!

"But the story is different for them: they are not French and they don't have the world title."

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Then again just two days ago I could read on this very thread how Meeke is the fastest driver in WRC, oh well.
    Fastest no, but one of the trio Ogier, him & Neuville. However his problem is not the speed, he has to manage it somehow though, even risking to be slightly slower, that would pay off much more than pure speed.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI